help, i still feel like a n00b!

Posted by senninho 
help, i still feel like a n00b!
Date: April 22, 2003 03:47PM
Posted by: senninho
i just downloaded the Williams FW16 after seeing the shots in here, but am a bit confused about how to install it. everyone seems to be installing it in place of Arrows, but all the files are Ferrari. What do i have to rename to what to install in different places? i'm using WadUpdater, if that helps.

Also, how can i get new helmets into the game? apparently the easiest way is with Gp4 master, but it always tells me i need a decrypted gP4.exe that is 6250496bytes, even though i do have the decrypted one! Is there another way?

Thanks for any advice! :)

Re: help, i still feel like a n00b!
Date: April 22, 2003 03:52PM
Posted by: Ellis
The williams shape - what are the texutre names?

something like williams1.tex?

If so, then change the words "ferrari" into "arrows" on the shape file (.gp4 file) and it will install it into the arrows slow.

the best way IMO is with GP4 Master, unless TotalGP4 does it too.

U need a decrypted exe. try downloading the old exe (unpatched) from this site and using that to let GP4 Master read it, then put back the new one for playing the game

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy