Are you a world champion?

Posted by jimbo 
Are you a world champion?
Date: May 07, 2003 06:04AM
Posted by: jimbo
Anyone won world championship, 100% ACE level, no driving aids, Team dependent power enabled?
Also, how do you decide what team to drive for? I must admit, for max realism, I've started at the bottom and trying to work my way up, using real F1 situations to guide my choice of team eg 2003 season Jordan looking for British driver to get more B&H sponsorship
Re: Are you a world champion?
Date: May 07, 2003 06:13AM
Posted by: Ellis
I havent finished any champs, simply cos havent had time!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 07, 2003 06:44AM
Posted by: chaosgp
i have only try it once to complete a season on ace at 100% and lost at the very last round and then i didnt want to do it again
Date: May 07, 2003 07:11AM
Posted by: kit-kat
I'm almost, 3 races to go im on spa at the moment & im 40 odd point's ahead of schumi (im pedro in the jag) I've had 3 non finishes for mechanical failures should have been 4 but was in canada on the back straight with an engine failures & managed to coast back to the pits & get it fixed changed my pits stop to a 3 stopper & pushed like mad to win on the 2nd last lap!! the best race I've had yet, touch & go!!;)
Date: May 07, 2003 07:55AM
Posted by: Vader
I did a CART championship 2002 on ACE level (full race distance, no driving aids) in Gp3 2000 (Thank you Smoking Pen for the carset). I won it, partly because the CC cars really suck in ovals and I had a few rain races where they aren't good as well (just one setup for dry and wet). I tell you, Long Beach in the rain is a challenge. Btw, I did drive for Mo Nunn (the dark red car, I think they had two different liveries). Search me why, I have no idea why I did chose them.

Haven't had time to try a championship in GP4, yet, only a few single races (50%)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 07, 2003 11:50AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

pffft i was the champ in gp1 :) i remember lapping all cars 10 times at
phoenix in ace level 100% race distance.

sigh

now i just suck at the rest...

Date: May 07, 2003 12:57PM
Ah GP1. I was World champ (if memory serves) about 6 times at 100% race distance. Sucked at GP2, only had 1 amazing season - led every single race, broke down in each one. By Silverstone got so hacked off I abandoned the season. 8 straight mechanical retirements in the lead, what are the chances of that?? I was OK at GP3, didn't play GP32000 much, just about to finsh 2nd season at 100% on GP4. Season 1 = Arrows, 4 points, several top 10 qualifying positions, but crashed rather a lot - almost every session. So off to Minardi for season 2, again good qualifying performances, but still crash too much, only finished 3 races (upto Indy), no points. I have good pace but suck on consistency, but I dont make it easy running with worst teams! Season 3 looks like being Minardi again, but I've decided to run with TC in the wet as its just too hard otherwise.
Date: May 07, 2003 01:00PM

i get to frustrated and i am always re loading games. say i did a race at
melbourne i would do about 90 laps in total. because i crash. reload.
crash. reload. and its a viscious cycle :\

thats why I cant do championships im to conpetitive and get frustrated
at being slow!!

Date: May 07, 2003 01:12PM
I,ve done that once or twice! Dont do it now though, I'm enjoying the challenge of driving in the lower teams, reloading game feels like cheating! Consistent error free driving is my challenge, I'll worry about winning later (to finish first, first you have to finish.)
Date: May 07, 2003 01:19PM

yeah it does feel like cheeting i agree, i just cant set up my car good enough and i always try harder than the set up alows me to

Date: May 07, 2003 01:40PM
Posted by: broders
i started one, crashed out at round one, got stressed never did one again :P

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: May 07, 2003 01:42PM
Posted by: Spike02
lol broders. i only run GP4 to test my shapes ;)

Date: May 07, 2003 02:08PM
Posted by: Tigershark
I once got up to Imola, but I got bored with driving the Williams all the time so I quit ;)

I did once complete a season, 25% on ROOKIE with all aids, some 3 years ago :)

- Sander

Post Edited (05-07-03 21:09)

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Date: May 07, 2003 03:42PM
Posted by: sasjag
did several on GP3, worked my way from Arrows to williams (96 carset) ain't done one pm GP4, but only really run that to test shapes atm:P

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 07, 2003 08:33PM
Posted by: Xero
I aint started a GP4 one either... did a 100% ace multiplayer one on GP3-2000.... my flatmate cost me the title when he made a stupid move up the inside of me with 4 laps to go in the last race... I flipped and retired.... he finished the last fews laps with a damaged wing to finish 2nd and take the championship.... I havn't let it go yet, and dont intend to! ;) Gutted!

Date: May 08, 2003 04:55AM
Posted by: bazza
I'm a World Champion, in real life rather than any games :-p

Date: May 08, 2003 08:40AM
Posted by: rayg
I've been a world champion in GP4 but nothing happens at the end which is a bit disapointing! all you get is a photo of the drivers and then a "Your Da Man!" type message!

They could at least give you a free ride in a real forula one car!! whats this world comming to?? ;-)
Date: May 08, 2003 12:21PM
Posted by: Xero
Funny if you won a free ride with the team that helped make the game... Arrows! I would demand they find some dosh, come back and lemme have a go!

Post Edited (05-08-03 19:23)
Date: May 08, 2003 03:32PM
Posted by: Ellis
I am world Champion in Nascar 2002 :D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 09, 2003 01:30AM
Posted by: rayg
Ellis, Your my hero!! ;-) you've done the impossible! you've actualy finished nascar without getting wond up when you get hit all the time when your doing well and going round, and round in cirles!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy