I wonder if this is still around

Posted by ayazyounis 
I wonder if this is still around
Date: March 17, 2003 01:23PM
Posted by: ayazyounis
i remember back in the old days when i used to play gp3 and i was installing all these addd-ons that i came across a performance file i suppose you could call it. anyway i installed it and when i played in a race i kept putting in fastest lap after fastest lap and then all of a sudden i didnt put the fastest lap in on the next one, until i had about 3 laps of fule left. then i realised that this performane file was perfect. it perfectly mimcked what in essence happens in a race, i.e. you get the fatsest laps bcos the fuel level is going down. but there comes a point when the tyre wear is too high and you lose time until the fuel level is right down and then this is the determining factor not tyre wear in setting fastest laps. i think it was done using magic data in tracks or something. Wondered if abyone remembered it and if there was one for gp4?
Re: I wonder if this is still around
Date: March 17, 2003 01:31PM
Posted by: tux
there is a magic thing for gp4.

but i dont think it was a magic thing in gp3, think it was "out of the box"

Date: March 17, 2003 01:32PM
Posted by: Vader
Yes, I have been looking for this file (or edit) for a long time myself. You are right, it was about changing values in magic data files. Unfortunately I can't remember what exactly had to be changed, respectively the values you need to change. Maybe someone else has an idea (or a better memory).

Sorry.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 17, 2003 01:51PM
Posted by: Vader
I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!!

It works for Gp3.

matt posted it 07-20-02 17:37

[grandprix3.com]

the way to make lap times realistic as you say is to open up your magic data with notepad,and go down to the 2 colums that say 'soft tyre' and 'hard tyre;.they will have 2 numbers in front of them normally 53 and 54.change these numbers both to 55 and save magic data ,insert back into track.

I have no idea if his works for Gp4 (is there a CMagic Compler for Gp4?), but in Gp3 it did the trick.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy