Skitso minardi

Posted by LarryM 
Skitso minardi
Date: February 22, 2003 08:09AM
Posted by: LarryM
I am almost there. Awesomecars slightly updated to my taste, the toyota and the minardi switched places so they are in the right garages aaand the anim.wad changed so the right pit crews look after them.

Who can tell me what I need to remove or change to get rid of the following glitch?

My Minardis look fine, but as I pull away from them I see them shange into Toyotas. One or more of the texture files must be causing this.

Who knows which file(s) relates to the car when it's at a distance?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: Skitso minardi
Date: February 22, 2003 08:20AM
Posted by: Spike02
Downsample the minardi textures and recompile the wad

Date: February 22, 2003 09:56AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
it must be in the shape [.gp4] that's reasponsible coz only a shape can decide what texture to use. I'd re-copy the minardi.gp4 files into wad and check the lod_35.gp4 is removed from wad if it's not in the minardi download.

Date: February 22, 2003 10:59AM
Posted by: schroeder
you must also switch the lower lod´s from minardi to prost and vice versa.
take the minardi lod´d 3 - 4 out rename them to prost. the same for prost to minardi (toyota). then put back again into cars.wad. probem should be fixed then :)
Date: February 23, 2003 12:15AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I have tried all of it and still have not found tor solved the problem. I cannot find a tex which has Minardi and in smaller sizes Toyota. I removed the lod_35.gp4 (both), didn't make any difference. I switched the lower lods also. same thing.

There is a lot of left overs in the cars.wad. I found some prost textures. Also minardi appears as "mi" and "minardi" in tex files. I'll keep looking. I am sure the key is in yor advice.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 23, 2003 02:57AM
Ok. I cleared out excess mi-tex files and I removed the lod_35s(where not in Schroeder-minardi. Cleaned ou the prost texes too. Minardi no longer changes to Toyota! :)
BUT it now changes to Jaguar :(
Explain that. Must be carsgape files?

Larry
Date: February 23, 2003 05:45AM
What do the " car_minardi _car1_lod_35.GP4" type files do? This is not included in all car shapes.

Larry
Date: February 24, 2003 12:43PM
Posted by: schroeder
i think the lod35.gp4 file in some shapes i a kind of middle thing between lod 3 and 4 (or 2 and 3) i have not really tested it so far. but the thing is that the responsible files are the gp4 files not the tex files.
but for the lower lods you must have a tex file that is corrospondent to the higher lods. for the new minardi that means you must have the new tex files in there and you should have (for the lower lods) good tex files for the original minardi.
to fix the probem:
take some good tex files for the original minardi (e.g. from masuzoh) put them into your cars.wad.
take the original lower minardi lods(3-4) rename them to prost and take the new minardi files (gp4 and tex) and put them into cars.wad .
i hope then all should be right. :)
Date: February 24, 2003 01:12PM
Posted by: andrew_S
just copy the lod 0 files down for each of the 2 cars, that should solve it, i presume, i think thats that should be the problem, if you dont want hi res cars for all lods dont worry, just backup, test this solution then you will know if the problem is the carshapes/lods or not

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: February 24, 2003 04:13PM
Posted by: cynic
I was having similar problems with my Ferraris turning into Jaguars! Having started modding the game from scratch again, I noticed that the no-cd patch seemed to be responsible for the corruption. Anyone else noticed this?

Cynic.
Date: February 25, 2003 01:46AM
Posted by: Ellis
What do the " car_minardi _car1_lod_35.GP4" type files do? This is not included in all car shapes.

Its simply a typo. U can delete it if u wish. Same with the Saubere textures in the upper dir of the wad i think

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 25, 2003 04:02AM
Thanks Ellis. I deleted the 35-file . it made no difference.

AveryGPfan: You were obviously right Richard, the Carshape files are determining which textures to use.

Andrew_S:
"just copy the lod 0 files down for each of the 2 cars,"

What do you mean by "copy down"? Sorry to be so dumb. ;)

Schroeder: I couldn't find masuzoh's textures (i think Iganget them from GPX-it though). I used chunter's which were also designed for the prost slot.
Still got jags ata distance. I'll try masuzoh's this evening.

Thanks everybody for your help. I'll let you know.

Larry
Date: February 25, 2003 04:15AM
"just copy the lod 0 files down for each of the 2 cars,"

make a copy of the files

car_minardi _car1_lod_0.GP4

rename them to

car_minardi _car1_lod_1.GP4

car_minardi _car1_lod_2.GP4

car_minardi _car1_lod_3.GP4

car_minardi _car1_lod_4.GP4

etc if there is anymore (cant rememebr)

This will over-write your other shape files for the car, and will have fixed your problem

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 25, 2003 04:28AM
THANKS Ellis. It's that easy huh? so the "0" file is the biggest one?

I'll do it this evening.

Post Edited (02-25-03 11:29)

Larry
Date: February 25, 2003 05:26AM
yeah, 0 is the highest level of detail, and as the nunbers go up, the level of detail decreases until you have the lowest level whihc is a shape with very few polys

Date: February 25, 2003 11:20AM
Well thanks all again. Especially Ellis for his patience. That did the trick. Minardi's are officially cured and have no further dillusions of grandeur (jags and Toyotas). :)

Larry
Date: February 25, 2003 12:05PM
I currently have the same problem with Renaults and Jaguars...possibly toyotas too. But im too lazy to follow my own advice right now

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy