gloves

Posted by ayazyounis 
gloves
Date: May 01, 2003 10:23AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
how do you change the colour of the drivers gloves? i just installed a williams steering wheel but the drivers gloves are blue. this is of course fine for williams but ferrari drivers dont look too clever with blue gloves...
Re: gloves
Date: May 01, 2003 10:38AM
and also you know the spped trap and the sector traps, why are they all in the wrong place? i didnt really take much notice of it until i drove at imola and noticed that in the game the second sector time comes up after the variante alta but in reality the 2nd sector time comes up before the variante alta. anyway of changing this? alos you know the no lcd steering wheels? how are you meant to change the pit strategy if you want? before many a time i have switched from a 2 stopper to a one stopper but you have no lcd in the wheel?
Date: May 01, 2003 10:45AM
Posted by: b-tone
speed traps are in the track.dat file i think. i think there is updates or instructions on how to do it yourself.

the lcd thing: which messages do you require to see?
Date: May 01, 2003 10:50AM
Posted by: Tigershark
ayazyounis, i know this, it can indeed change this in the track.dat, I have a set of updated Splits of the first four races, made by Wesley (C00kie). However, the S/F line in Imola can't be moved so the times make no sense at all (at Imola)..

- Sander

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Date: May 01, 2003 01:29PM
lcd: well just normal info especially the fuel stops left, typr of tyres. just that. maybe gpxpatch could do that. if you start race dry then it rains and you need to switch to inters, you come in the pits, how do you switch? theres no info?

traps: i would very muckh like those updates please tigershark. what do you mean they make no sense at imola> the race lap record at imola is a 1:22.491. have you got close to that? how does it mess it up?

thanks to both
Date: May 01, 2003 02:44PM
Posted by: b-tone
if you look in english.txt in the fonts folder there is lots of things listed

TEXT_TYRES_LAPPED
TYRES (LAPPED )

the first line BLAH_BLAH is the name and under that is what you see ingame.

if you want to go thru that file and list hee the texts that you need to see (and where in the game they appear -ie. only in pits), i'll see what i can do.
also where you'd want to see them.(pit messages center screen for exapmle)
they're linked to the steering wheel so wherever they are they turn as the wheel turns.

the other option is going back the default wheel and files ;)
Date: May 01, 2003 03:01PM
Posted by: Tigershark
What I mean ayazyounis, is that the total time will be realistic, but since the S/F straight is not correct, the split times will not be realistic since less distance is covered in S1 and more in S3

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Date: May 01, 2003 04:05PM
Posted by: FortKnox
red gloves by berger fan [www.geocities.com]
byez

Post Edited (05-01-03 23:10)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy