GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Not an ideal result once again but I feel that I am starting to adjust to the car and hopefully I will imrpove for the next round.

X (@ed24f1)
Tobi, there is a very minor mistake in the tables. On the WCC, Stefan should have two 4th places and I should have a 10th and a DNF :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Hooray, something to be pleased about! 7th is definitely a good result considering my starting position; the pass on Ed through 130R was a personal highlight ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Crikey, 2nd in the test championship (admittedly after 2 races but whatever) - better not look too far down, might fall off the cliff ;)

Hadn't even twigged that MAC had won their first race! Massive congratulations to Nathan, John and the MAC team :)

First off congrats to MAC for their first win! I was a part of that team for a large chunk of my racing career so it's nice to see them go well :)

On the JHR front it's certainly a mixed bag. Very pleased for Eric to grab his and our first points but apologies to Gareth for the DNF, we chucked away a very good result thanks to a loose wheel nut at the pit stop, there will certainly be some slapped wrists tonight! But on the bright side, at least we showed we can mixed it towards the top :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Mixed emotions on the MPR front, while third is nothing to be sniffed at, second place was there for the taking if not for a late charge from Tobi Kederer.

Still, Charrel has gotten off to a good start once again this season. It seems cutting down on that pizza has done him the world of good.

Ed is still adjusting to life at MPR. It's easy to just uproot team. We operate in a very different way to the men in green over at Aston Martin.

Still, he is slowly racking up the points so we can't be to unhappy.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Carlitox schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tobi, there is a very minor mistake in the tables.
> On the WCC, Stefan should have two 4th places and
> I should have a 10th and a DNF :-)

Thanks for the info mate, I've corrected it :)

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
Greg, I will get a Sepang download sorted out for you as soon as I can.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Turbo Lover schrieb:
> Isn't it strange that cars that spin off in the
> gravel at T1 are not able to join track? I see
> this only happening with the Suzuka track.

I remember having this issue on several tracks of the '94 trackpack, playing the '94 season. Cars that spun off kept the engine running, but never rejoined the track. Can't remember though on which tracks exactly this happened.

Pretty strange nonetheless, especially as this only happens only in T1 at Suzuka, and only if they get in the gravel. If they stay on the tarmac runoff, they're able to rejoin.

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
It's an issue which persists across all of the versions of Suzuka that I've ever used.

Cars regularly go off through the esses as well.

Great result for both Eric and Gareth and a strong race weekend overall. Well done chaps!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

MAC will be running with a new livery on the new shape at Sepang, thanks to Jake.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Any news from True North?

Still nothing, maybe it's time for Dan/TNR to call it a day after the end of this season.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Very happy with Tobi's result grabbing a strong podium in the race is really impressive this early in the season. We don't have the pace to win yet but we're not far off.

Ruben had a great fight back through the field as would be expected. Joint on most places gained and in the points after a disappointing qualifying.

Overall, I'm very happy with that!

Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 3, Malaysian Grand Prix, Sepang are now open. The closing date is 8pm GMT Saturday 25th January 2014. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Sepang". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Sepang". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

SEASON 8 Race Calendar

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S9

Round 1: Australia GP - Albert Park - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 2: Japanese GP - Suzuka - Winner: John Warrington - MAC Racing
Round 3: Malaysian GP - Sepang - 50% - 40 AI Errors
Round 4: South African GP - Kyalami (Classic Layout) - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 5: Spanish GP - Jerez? - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 6: French GP - Dijon-Prenois? - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 7: Canadian GP - Montreal - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 8: US GP - Road America - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 9: Brazilian GP - Interlagos - 25% - 40 AI Errors
Round 10: Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps - 75% - 40 AI Errors
Round 11: European GP - Donington Park - 75% - 40 AI Errors
Round 12: Dutch GP - Zandvoort - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 13: Italian GP - Monza - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 14: Austrian GP - A1-Ring - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 15: Czech GP - Brno - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 16: German GP - Hockenheim (Classic Layout) - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 17: British GP - Great Britain - 50% - 40 AI Errors

Re: GPGSL S9 R3 Malaysian GP - Sepang
Date: January 21, 2014 10:22PM
Posted by: n00binio
great race, great coverage (Y)

also congrats to mac, they truly deserve this success

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: January 21, 2014 11:30PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Just a silly question and sorry about that : Jerez and Dijon are "Question-Marked" in the boost announcement table, can someone tell me for which reason ?

Date: January 21, 2014 11:50PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Looking forward to a Hot n Sticky Sepang.

Tobi, lovely work with the Wiki, it's looking great. I promise i'll finish writing up MPR's history one day...

Can I also say that it is great to see Shadow back on form, we missed you guys last year.

VSM lack that kind of class ;)

Date: January 22, 2014 12:39AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Looking forward to a Hot n Sticky Sepang.

Hot and sticky? I would rather have the torrential rain over soaring heat. But not to the point that the sessions are cancelled due to too much rain.

Looks like I'm inside the top 10 in the tester championship. Last season I was inside the top 10 for most of the first half of the season, so hopefully this time around I'll be able to hold it until the end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy