My Logotech MOMO is screwd up

Posted by LarryM 
My Logotech MOMO is screwd up
Date: January 05, 2003 01:01AM
Posted by: LarryM
Any other Logitech Momo owners had this problem. Right in the middle of qualification for melbourne, the car starts oversteering. Only afetr leaving the game do I realise that it's the MOMo which is screwed up. The break is permanently on (the pedal moves normally) and the accelerator works and reduces the breaking level proportionalely. It's like having the pedals on combined axis but in reverse. I tried everything, I put combined pedals on and off..no difference. I reinstalled the 4.20 Wingman driver- no difference. Unless someone can tell me how to fix this, it's back to the shop..and the guarantee should be still in force.

I have now attached my old MS sidewinder ff. Have to start practicing. Unfortunately the rubber grips on the wheel are totally in shreds (sweat). Any jokes from Vader on worn rubber and FF are all totally deserved.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: My Logotech MOMO is screwd up
Date: January 05, 2003 05:47AM
Posted by: Vader
I am not sure if this is the same problem, but this is what I found on the Wingmanteam site.

[www.wingmanteam.com]

Some users have reported an issue with the pedals not returning to the "un-depressed" state when released. If you have such a unit, the problem can be corrected as follows:-

Turn the pedal set upside down.

There are two sets of two staggered screws next to the slotted areas in the middle area of the base (i.e. four screws in total).

Loosen all 4 screws by 1/2 a turn (i.e. rotate counter clockwise to loosen).

The pedals should now return to the correct position when released.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 06, 2003 01:39AM
Thanks anyway Vader.. some other interesting stuff there. No it didn't solve my problem. The pedal moves normally. I think something in the circuits has gor wired up. The brake is on even when not depressed. When I push the accelerator, it works AND the brake decreases. It's as if brake and accelerator are on one aaxis, with the brake on by default. Weird. I will take it to the shop tomorrow. In the meantime I shall have to play with the MS sidewinder. It's not a bad wheel (rubber in shreads of course), but its not so "fine" as the MOMO. Thank goodness I didn't sell the old wheel. Aƶlways have a backup.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 08, 2003 03:39AM
Ok, for all of you "happy" Logotech MOMO owners: I took the wheel back to the shop where I bought it last June. I expalined the problem. The service guy said "Yes, I know about this, we have had a dozen or so of these." They have sold hundreds of MOMO wheels and had a dozen or so problems as described at the top of this thread. So if you get the same symptoms, do as I did, and take the wheel back.

I got a brand new Logitech MOMO wheel immediately, no hassle.

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy