getting the best cars in game

Posted by kjdesigns_2000 
getting the best cars in game
Date: April 26, 2003 05:46AM
Posted by: kjdesigns_2000
is there any by by which we can get the f1 2002's ars in gp4. they are probably the best cars available but the gameplay is poor. Gp4 is good but the cars are not as good as f1 2002. so is it possible to get f1 2002 cars in gp4.
Re: getting the best cars in game
Date: April 26, 2003 05:51PM
Posted by: ViperF1
Do you think you are able to create Alpha Channel for cars?Not the textures' authors are able to do this work.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: April 26, 2003 08:57PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
kunal,
if ur serious bout gp4 then you should have a look around this site. We all think F1 200 and whatever is shite...... There's probably other forums if you disagree. Bye.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: April 27, 2003 01:56AM
yes yes i agree f1 200... is shite but the cars available for the game are more realistic like the new ferrari, see it at(http://driving.multiplayer.it/f1racer/) are really cool. the game gp4 is the best i agree with that no doubt. its only the cars which i want of f1 2002. the carset of raplh hummerich and many 2d rims and addons for the cars make them close to real more that gp4 cars. Graphically and gameplay wise its SHitEEEEEEEE.
Date: April 27, 2003 02:26AM
And Viper i really dont have the idea why you want the alpha channel, what i think is to get the f1 2002's car model in z modeler and join the parts of the cars according to the gp4 cars. the mapping will have to be redone or not i'm not sure but i think this would work. but the problem i'm facing in trying this out is that i cannot get the cars out of the mas files in f1 2002... 2001 works but 2002 says unknown file or something... or else you would have got the 2002 cars way back 5 months. Can you help me out.
Date: April 27, 2003 05:56AM
Posted by: Ellis
And Viper i really dont have the idea why you want the alpha channel

Because in GP4 thr alpha channel controls the reflections on the car, and without it, it would look stupid

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 27, 2003 06:07AM
Posted by: ViperF1
I've replyed you and I think you don't know GP4 well.These carshape seems to be good a first but I find a lot of bugs in them,especially lightting mapping bugs.The texture is very poor to me.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: April 27, 2003 08:06AM
Posted by: LarryM
I agree Viper. F12002 cars and the updates for them are good (once the bug when using RH's textures gor fixed). GP4 has however the best and most realistic cars (mostly thanks to Viper and and some of the other guys like Kudoz). F1 2002 cars do look all nice and shiny but I don't think they beat the best of GP4's community.
BTW: Gameplay is hardly shite in F12002, but it is more difficult to handle. The one thing I wish for GP4 is F12002's force feedback.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy