higher res treads finished

Posted by Caelen 
higher res treads finished
Date: April 25, 2003 04:16PM
Posted by: Caelen
ive sent to gpx.it and grandprixgames.org

slightly different to what i posted last night and sent to a few people.
changed the alpha channel a bit and made the grooves a bit narrower and closer together on the michelins.
Any comments, suggestions or possible sources of images/textures appreciated. Im working from a b/w picture that i cut out of a newspaper and any better images would be appreciated.
for these treads i used a texture created by DarthRyu for f12002 as a base.
later on i'll redo the wet tyres using the same texture, if possible.

[dynamic2.gamespy.com]
Re: higher res treads finished
Date: April 25, 2003 04:19PM
Posted by: Kill Me Not Speed
Cheers mate got the ones u sent me, haven`t had a chance to try them out probably yet. but had a quick look and they look SWEET......................

Cheers again

HAVE FUN !

Speed is a gift, use it wisely
Date: April 25, 2003 05:21PM
Posted by: EJ-14
Fantastic work!

Doh! Neither site has them available for download yet.

Could you send them to me?

moe_diddly@hotmail.com

Thanks,

EJ-14
Date: April 26, 2003 01:04AM
Posted by: ViperF1
Your tyres are great , however , the brightness of the tyre of downloadable version I think is too high..the tyre should be very dark inface , with little reflect , and the slot is a little too deep.

Post Edited (04-26-03 08:05)

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: April 26, 2003 01:07AM
Posted by: ViperF1
another thing is that I do possiblely want to use your treads and your rim texture with BBS logo as the texture-base of 3DRims for GP4,can you give me a permission?

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: April 26, 2003 01:13AM
you can do whatever you like with them

i think theyre only to shiny when used with your 3d rims, with default rims theyre about right. i think its because your tyres reflect the static envmaos just like the cars whereas the default wheel/rims dont, they use a specular map texture for reflection. by th way i tried yor rims but the from the cockpit view the wheels dont look as round as the default, had lots of sharp edges, however looked ok from t-cam.

Post Edited (04-26-03 08:19)
Date: April 26, 2003 05:22AM
Posted by: genesis
But I must say that if you watch an F1 car go over a rumble strip you can it slightly reflected in the tyre..!

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: April 26, 2003 05:45AM
Posted by: Breadfan
Caelen, I would like to ask u in future to send all your work at riforum@riforum.net ! ;)
I will put it on my website!

Breadfan

[www.forums.sportspavilion.net]
Date: April 26, 2003 06:48AM
Posted by: Zjokke
Seen something weird after installing the threads
When I do a replay, it seems there is a 'white glow" on the fucussed cartyres (external camera view). This makes them look lightgray-white.

Anyone else had this?

I dont't see this in cockpit mode.

Date: April 26, 2003 02:22PM
from the pic it looks like youre using the 3d rims and unfortunately they dont seem to be compatibe, the 3d rims give a much shinier result than the default rims as i mentioned above, this is because the 3d rims are using a different type of reflection map to the default. real tyres are very shiny and do reflect, as in ghostriders rims, however the alpha channel for my treads is alredy pretty dark(non reflective) so it may be hard to make them less shiny for use with 3d rim. You dould reduce the alph channel to black but will lose all of th 3d look which the alph channel brings to the treads.
Date: April 26, 2003 05:05PM
Posted by: aagancia
Great tires! just got them yesterday.

But I noticed one small thing in your tyres in version 3.1. (got them from GPx.it)

I think the files "wheel_bridgestone_1.tex" and "wheel_bridgestone_2.tex" were interchanged. "1" seems to look like it spins faster than "2".

I'm not sure if I'm right but I interchanged them in my game.

hope you could check it out.

Thanks

Date: April 26, 2003 07:46PM
by jove i do think you are correct, i guess ill fix this an re up an update, im still working on the dry treads and im nearly at the stage where I cant do any better so ill re up then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy