McLaren MP 4/17D By Erwin and Me

Posted by W@llierossi 
McLaren MP 4/17D By Erwin and Me
Date: April 23, 2003 07:13AM
Posted by: W@llierossi
Hi Guys,

Just finished the McLaren yesterday...

I saw it was downloadable on this site too.

Tell me what you think about it.

Feadback is very welcome...

Game on,

Greetz

Guyon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adeus Ayrton! Valeu Campeão!"
"Goodbye Ayrton! Thanks
Champion!"

Member of gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season pack
Re: McLaren MP 4/17D By Erwin and Me
Date: April 23, 2003 08:01AM
Posted by: LarryM
It's nice work. Very nice. But honestly, for me the question is: on the basis of the sreenie, would I replace kudoz's fantastic carshape (+ wheels/rims) with yours? Probably not. My Maclaren looks really very very good at the moment. Keep up the good work though, I am sure there are many who will find things which you may have done better. I will follow this thread for sure. ;)

Post Edited (04-23-03 15:02)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: April 23, 2003 08:27AM
Posted by: dreams come trulli
well done!
Date: April 23, 2003 09:44AM
Posted by: W@llierossi
@ Larry M:
Thanks for your honest opinion but you'll have to keep in mind that this was made on a pentium III 900 with a Geforce 2 :D

I know, but I can't afford a better pc :D. The shape is really really good (made by Erwin) and my textures I would judge as "nice". It's almost imposible to do better than Y (kudoz) on that as he updated RH textures (and hey... Ralph's the king :D). Only thing that is better on these is that my siemens logo looks better and my Schuco-logo is better. Furthermore I think my alpha layer is better (being somewhat darker -> zo less artifical reflection).

Greetz

Guyon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adeus Ayrton! Valeu Campeão!"
"Goodbye Ayrton! Thanks
Champion!"

Member of gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season pack
Date: April 23, 2003 02:53PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Superb. No doubt guys.
My only critisism is regarding the "boxy" nature of the monocoque. I've studied the pictures of the MP4 17D and there seems tobe a bit more of a "roundness" to the shape (a la Vipers Ferarri). Other than that. it's great.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: April 23, 2003 03:02PM
Posted by: genesis
Pft Wai's shape rules! ;)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: April 23, 2003 10:28PM
Posted by: ViperF1
It seems to be a great car,also with 1024x1024 textures,I think.
I'll make MP4-18 as soon as it released.
I felt sorry that I had never want to make an MP4-17D texture because the MP4-17D have been used for such a long time,much longer than I think,it's 2003 car.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy