[www.m4driving.sm]

Alessandro Pollini
[www.m4driving.sm]

Alessandro Pollini
www.m4driving.sm
Re: New CarSets 2003 for Grand Prix 4
Date: April 22, 2003 01:41AM
Posted by: brettly
Anyone downloaded this carset yet? ..Just wanted to get approval...How Good is it?

THANX
Date: April 22, 2003 02:43AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
good quality but some cars ain't right.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: April 22, 2003 03:45AM
well i started to download it ...got over half-way , then the file went corrupt??...im on 56k dial...so could have been an interruption of some sort...Has it got the williams and that in the file or what?

Jackie could u send us the cars.wad file please...its pissin me off..the download is so slow!!!

Email: dbracinginc@bigpond.com.au

THANX..
Date: April 22, 2003 04:59AM
Posted by: sasjag
meah...don't look too good (has a 2002 Jaguar in it :|)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 22, 2003 05:06AM
yeah...might give it a miss...been playing around with the cars.wad file and got it down below 50mb....with most of the "great" cars.
Date: April 22, 2003 05:51AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Well the picture are there, so you can decide for yourself. Personally I think some cars are a bit iffy, no offence.

Date: April 22, 2003 10:04AM
Posted by: Ghostrider
PLEASE DONT DOWNLOAD THIS CARSET! THIS CARSET INCLUDES MY FERRARI CARSHAPE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

Regards Andy
Carshape & Texture Design Project (www.ctdp.de.vu)
Date: April 22, 2003 09:57PM
Posted by: M|st
u surious?
take them to the courts ;)
Date: April 22, 2003 11:25PM
Posted by: variante_ascari
hmph...does Bojan knew that his car is in the carset?

Date: April 23, 2003 12:07AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Honestly, I don't understand people saying..." this MY file...You can't put it in a carset..". If this file has been previously published ( and therefore all people know it ) why one can't put it in a carset, where it could be more evaluated ?
Furthermore, I think the Authors of this carset ( that I DON't KNOW ) have no written in their Read_me text...."this Ferrari is our".
Thinking in this way, what should I say about carshapes of M.Riberiro, or Masuzoh?
They are MY ( mine and schroeder's ) 2002 carshapes, that have been re-published with the name of another Author...This Author NEVER asked permission to me or Matt ( Schroeder ).
But we understood the spirit of these publications, and we never said to Masuzoh, or Ribeiro: "You can't publish these files, since they are mine..or they are based on mine...".
I think it's time to stop with this medioeval way of thinking....
It's time to co-work...Not to make discussions, or "wars"...

Regarding this carset: why Minardi has still Michelin tyres, and 2002 helmets on drivers? Why jordan has still 2002 shape and logos?

nicol@cciarri
Date: April 23, 2003 12:35AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
What bothers me is if someone takes my textures and edit them; if someone is good painter then he'll certanly make his own textures, therefore people who take others' texture usually know **** about painting and they usually ruin good texture, and that's what I hate to see.

If someone takes my car and use it as it is in some cars.wad, I certanly won't make a big story out of it.

@ Nicola: cooperation means that two or more people do things together, and agree about final product and release; it's NOT when someone takes your files without asking and do whatever he wants with it, even if you think he's doing a bad job.
I don't want to sound hard on you, but when you spend 40-60 working hours, and few more for collecting logos and pictures, maybe you won't be so...like this.

It's not about what you all think; if Ghostrider, or anyone else says: don't edit/use/republish my files, then respect it! If he's so kind to publish it, and share it with the rest of the world, then respect what he's asking even if you think he's wrong.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: April 23, 2003 01:47AM
Posted by: Ghostrider
Thank you very much bojan_tarticchio
Thats my point of view. I'm working many hours a day for the Carshapes rims and other things. And then i see such things.... It's simply not fair, that one author put all the cars together and say its his. Ok in this case he said that he only packed the cars, but did he get the permission of all authors???? NO! And i think my Carshapes are in Highquality shapes also Bojan and spikes. So i won't give my permission to put my cars in such a bad and lowquality carset! I'm building all my shapes from scratch, so every poly is mine. Not based on Simergy, ISI or everyone. And i think such a carset does not represent the qualities we could achieve if we pick out only the best shapes!

Regards Andy
Carshape & Texture Design Project (www.ctdp.de.vu)
Date: April 23, 2003 03:40AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
OK..I agree with Andy and Bojan regarding the fact that Authors of this carset had had to ask permission before publishing any file..That's sure.
iI also agree with Andy and Bojan about the time one can spend preparing a file..and therefore about the desire to see his file in a good carset.
But, please..Try to understand the philosophy of these carsets...And remember what I said: my 2002 carshapes ( mine and schreoeder's )almost everyday are taken from other people for 2003 updates..What should I say?
I spend a lot of hours ( and Bojan now knows this fact..), ..and then I saw guys such Ribeiro, or Masuzoh, etc publishing these files..
I took the positive aspect of this thing: if someone chooses my file is because he thinks this file is good...And this file can be stand in a good or in a bad carset..But where is the difference for my work? Probably, in a not good-quality carset my work could be better evaluated, than in a good quality carset, where there are other good files....
Anyway, this is only MY opinion, and I respect YOURS.
But...take it easy...this a game..only a game, that all we are trying to improve with files that represent the fruit of our free time...not of our real job.
I 'm sure Andy and Bojan have understood my opinion.
friendly Nicola

nicol@cciarri
Date: April 23, 2003 03:53AM
Posted by: rayg
Is this a good time to talk about public burnings??? :-) :-)
Date: April 23, 2003 03:58AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
as soon as i looked to that pics i knew that something was not right..
no good, no good !!! we've to respect the creators wishes.. if not they'll stop sooner or later.

Post Edited (04-23-03 13:32)

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: April 23, 2003 05:23AM
Posted by: ViperF1
You shouldn't release it including my texture without my permission.
You should be condemned.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: April 23, 2003 05:27AM
Posted by: ViperF1
You should respect all the authors.They spent so much time on their works but you have just spent some hours then named it under your name.Many people will know that's your carset but don't the authors.

Post Edited (04-23-03 12:28)

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: April 23, 2003 06:22AM
Posted by: Pirate
I use other sims with add ons and most of the time if people want to re texture or make another version of a model they just ask the original author and they usually say yes to it. ALL they ask is a bit of courtesy to ask first. Is it too much trouble to ask?
Date: April 23, 2003 06:32AM
Posted by: Alessandro
I have removed THE files , BECAUSE NOT I WANT "illegal Files"

Alessandro Pollini
www.m4driving.sm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy