Posted by dave 
Read only
Date: September 10, 2002 01:47AM
Posted by: dave
I have just changed over to XP from 2000 and I

Re: Read only
Date: September 10, 2002 02:52AM
Posted by: Ellis
If u dont have admin righrts in XP u cant change that. It looks like u did, but it doesnt change

Make sure u have admin rights

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 10, 2002 04:03AM
But I have

Date: September 10, 2002 05:38AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
when u select to undo read only.. do u get the option to do all sub files?

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 10, 2002 05:47AM
Yep. Sometimes it even tells me how long it is taking to do, i.e. of I try to do all "Program Files" it tells me it is going to take 11 minutes. Mind you it only takes about 30 seconds but nothing happens.

Date: September 10, 2002 06:41AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
:s

just after a reboot tried it?

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 10, 2002 08:53AM
Posted by: tux
erm,

get admin rights (im suprised csc4 started because it needs to write to the registry to start without errors). then, make the files not read only,

hey, try downloading beta4b

Date: September 11, 2002 02:20AM
Posted by: Ellis
U can write to the registry without admin rights in XP when using programs.

You cant install programs and u cant access windows folder and some other things, but thats it

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 11, 2002 05:46AM
I dont think that

Date: September 11, 2002 06:13AM
Posted by: Boomy
Does they refund your calls?

Someone should take apart a GP team member and explain him vis a vis about our actual feelings.......you know what I mean.....

Boomy
Date: September 11, 2002 07:32AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I think they know

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 11, 2002 08:12AM
Posted by: Lilletto
They do qwerty. Read what I received today from the guy at Infogrames UK:
My mistake then. I thought I had seen a post from you on one of the fan sites, but I will accept your word on this. I have to be certain before I attempt any testing or escalation of a problem. Many of the posts on the forums I visit daily refer to issues when a decrypted .exe file and 3rd party editor is in use. As you can imagine if they are not supported I cannot troubleshoot or report problems accurately
The guy is quite kind and available I must say and he has replied to each of my mails so far.
Of course he never told so far if there will be another patch, and maybe he doesn't even knows.
I think it's up to the big bosses, since trying to develop the game again surely must have some cost.
I still think we should try to push them toward this.
Despite all the skepticals mates here they at least read if we write them and even do some testing.
It's up to us tro try to make them give us something better than we got from the box.
If we not even try we cannot complain, and moaning and swearing about the game here without trying anything else it is pretty silly, at least till we will 100% sure that we tried all we could.

Date: September 11, 2002 08:18AM
Ciao Paolo,

I'm quite happy that you and others here in the forum want to fight!

The problem actually is how to drain infos.

Assuming Marcus is sincere,what could be our/their deadline to say if a second patch will be released?

Moreover...if they will consider this option,why we can't produce a 15 points lists of major bugs/missing improvement?

I think,if e second real patch will be produced, the game could assume a nice shape at all.

Let's stay tuned,everybody of us

Boomey
Date: September 11, 2002 08:23AM
Posted by: Lilletto
:)
As I said he never told there will be another patch, and I don't know if he knows, but, that said, he told me today that yesterday they tried to recreate a problem I had 20 times, ten under Xp and ten under 98se.
This could be a clue (albeit a small one), if they have ruled out another patch already then why they do worry to test the game again?

Date: September 11, 2002 08:44AM
Ciao lupacchiò,

We must convince Marcus to act as a CIA agent.

Now we must know if a second real patch will be released.This could be our last chance to have what we want,at least the maximum available.

Tell me your opinion: Do you really think the customer manager of IG can't ask GP team about that or probe someone about this intention?

Personally I retain yes,he can.

Boomey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy