PO is so high

Posted by Starbuck 
PO is so high
Date: August 18, 2002 03:26AM
Posted by: Starbuck
Hey guys

I've a problem with gp4.
I finally got my new processor but still got problems with tweaking gp4. When I configure the graphics automatically the framerate always gives betweet 35 and 45 fps! thats sounds good, the fps depends of course of how many detail are switched on, but with automatic configuration the details are quite high (med-high), bump map off, adv light on.. static. That sounds well but when a go into a race the PO is always so high 150-180 sometimes 200%. Okay so I switch the gfx options to manual and set everything to medium, and as less as possible options witched off when I do a test the fps even rises to 50fps!! But in the game, same problem the PO is soooo high When I put everything on, the fps even stays above 30! So I can't get a lower fps, not with automatic caliberarion neither manual...
So what will decrease my PO, there must be antoher problem, according to the information in the grafix calibarion menu my computer must be able to run the game with more then 40fps so there must be another reason why the PO is so high! Even when I disabled my ff wheel or the sound conf. the PO stayd the same...

I didn't tweak anything yet, did'nt download any updates or something yet.. But does somebody a solution for my problem, what do you have to do to run gp4 optimal with my specs... I got the latest versions of detonor drivers from Nvidia...

my specs:

Athlon Xp2000+
GeForce 2 MX 400 64MB
393MB SDR
Windows Xp Pro

If u can help me thank you very much!
Re: PO is so high
Date: August 18, 2002 03:36AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Jarvi,

Try this
[www.mczepp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk]

delete your old one, and the backup, and use the above one. In the game don't use the graphics menu, although it doesnt make any difference anyway. The frame rate slider does work, so play around with that and use FRAPS to see what you can sustain. When you first start on the grid the frame rate falls, but by the time the lights go out it should have gone to the correct amount.
In audio I have 2D and 3D Not selected.
I also added the following two lines from readme.txt into cards.txt, but I don't know if they are making any difference,

CubeMaps=0
surfaceAsRenderTarget=0

In control panel I have audio on full acceleration, and conversion rate at the lowest setting(running WIN98SE)

(cheers alan!)

That should help you run the game better.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 18, 2002 03:58AM
Posted by: Marki
Try to set the fps manually in the graphics option menu to 25-30 fps. This should lower your PO.
Date: August 18, 2002 11:25AM
Posted by: Habi
dets 30.82 are worse than 29.42 with my GF2MX400 in WinXP Pro

Date: August 18, 2002 11:49AM
Posted by: tux
strange, when my 30.82 decides to work, there better or the same :S

Date: August 19, 2002 05:10AM
Posted by: jp2
are you sure no background programs are running (virus scanners, firewalls etc) ? All options in your grafics-driver set to "best performance" ?

When the test gives you 35 to 40 fps with everything med-high (lucky guy), just set the fps manually to 26-30, that should fix your po, like mark said.

good luck, greetings, jp
Date: August 19, 2002 07:14AM
Posted by: mczepp
In graphics/advanced, if you select "manual" you can adjust the fps with the slider bar
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy