MP petition

Posted by Boomy 
MP petition
Date: July 09, 2002 09:09AM
Posted by: Boomy
I propose to subscribe a petition to fix the MP.

Morbid did a gorgeous job in bugs' list,but I saw no terms about real MP bugs that don't allow a qualification time or to set race distance.

This is the grave of the world existence

Boomer
Re: MP petition
Date: July 09, 2002 09:31AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
You can set the race distance in the options\Race options.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: July 09, 2002 09:38AM
This is a good news,thanks..if it has been tested....

but the world is still in a precarious situation,and could be saved only if qualification will be enabled on MP.

Always ready to go on strike to claim our rights.

Tested Feedbacks always well appreciated.....

Boomer
Date: July 09, 2002 11:44AM
Posted by: ravdave
Bring back the "2 player" mode from GP3 please, where all race types were available over a 2 PC LAN. (Including full championship season with qualifying etc), and also "hot seat" mode could be selected for both PC's on the LAN, thereby enabling 4 players to compete. (2 players on the host PC and two players on the second PC).

This was all possible in GP3, and I am still regularly racing with it with 4 people, until such time as GP4 is patched to re-include this mode.

Even the GP4 manual says it is available...!!! (no addidtional leaflet in my box to say otherwise)
Date: July 09, 2002 01:53PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I was never able to get 2 player MP on GP3 to work right. It would BOG down so much we had to give it up.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: July 10, 2002 02:24AM
How can I do to highlight these bugs?????????????????

Do I have to try with a marketing plane over the Infogrames skies?

Porca eva

Boomer
Date: July 18, 2002 06:39AM
Here it is

Boomer
Date: July 18, 2002 07:43AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Boomy, you confuse me. Here's what? and in the other thread. Probably I'm just being stupid, but I don't understand.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 18, 2002 08:11AM
Here is my old post related to MP petition,that awfully sinked....Now another man talked about it and I show him : " ......."

Glad a lot to see you sign in the site your support.

Ciao bello

Boomer
Date: July 18, 2002 11:52AM
Posted by: tux
agh.......

im all confused :S

Date: July 18, 2002 03:04PM
Posted by: SageInferno
I assume by MP you mean Multi player? If so, I read in one of the reviews this week that its a part of their FIA license that they cannot have full muliplayer. Not sure about that , but it may explain why they keep leaving it out.

Cant remember if it was gamesdomain or gamespot.

Sage Inferno
Date: July 18, 2002 03:09PM
yes, i was talking to nick court (or someone) and he said that the licence doesnt allow internet play

Date: July 19, 2002 02:34AM
Assuming this fact,that I believe it's true,my MP crusade is aimed to allow qualification option in MP via LAN 2 players.

This unlikely is an invredible missing!!! and nothing to deal with licenses,that are related with Internet games only.

Do you agree? ( like GP3 )

Boomer
Date: July 19, 2002 03:01AM
Hi Morbid,

Thinking about your great experience collecting bugs list,and from your point of view,is the MP petition a way we could take?

Assuming MP via internet is denied from licenses issues,we could fight again to obtain qualification ( non-championship enviroment ) on MP via LAN 2 players only.

Yes,I know it's a kind of personal crusade,but I can swear it in every world country there are thausands persons claiming about that !

BTW: I have been in DK 2 and 3 years ago,wonderfull land,wondefull girls and nice bridges!

Boomer
Date: July 19, 2002 07:00AM
Posted by: Morbid
BTW: I have been in DK 2 and 3 years ago (...) and nice bridges!

LoL! Yes, we like to spend a lot of money on huge bridges. We are seriously discussing building one to Germany these days. Maybe we should build one to Italy too?

Anyway back to the main issue. Yes, I think a petition is possible. But you will need to think a few things through before you start in earnest with such a undertaking.

If you are serious, you have to expect that it can swallow your life (for a period of time), and that it can produce little or even no results at all. Those risks need to be taken into consideration and accepted. The "Captain" cannot abandon ship halfway a cross the Atlantic... Anyway, personal crusades are what get projects like this started and going. If you feel so strongly for it, that is a good start. Projects like these are a labour of love.

The next thing is popular support. That is the fuel for the rocket so to speak. Popular support can be enhanced and increased by agitation, but it cannot be created with agitation. At least not the kind that of support you are looking for, since it has to last for a couple of weeks if not more.

But, success is never garanteed by these two key concepts alone.

You need a clearly defined set of objectives, that can said to have a reasonable chance of success. You need a plan to get to the objective, and an method of evaluation that can determine whether or not the objectives have been acheived. Shutting down a campaign after the objectives have been acheived is very important! Also, stick to the objectives. If things present themselves that cannot fit into a scheme that revovles around the objectives, you need to let it go no matter how tempting it looks. Or else you accept that confusion will enter the campaign at its very foundation.

The popular support needs to be harnessed. Organisation is crucial. You could call it asset management, but I do not like that term, since it sounds like the ordinary people that join in are herd of cattle. Anyway, whatever the term, everyone that can contribute with skills, effort and moral support should have a chance to get involved with the major tasks that have to be done. If they cannot work for the campaign, how can they call it their own mission? More importantly, how can they feel that it is their own mission? It is the feeling of personal commitment that will deliver trustworthy and lenghty support. That also means that someone constantly has to organise what needs to be done, and inform the rest about this.

Furthermore, each person's level of involvement should define the level of integration into the executive body of the campaign. If people put life and soul into it, they often desire, and deserve, the right to have a major say in important decisions. This needs to be balanced with a sense of and application of democracy in the decision process, or the less involved will abandon ship. No one wants to follow a closed inner circle. Inner circles are a good thing in the sense that they give strength and direction to a campaign, but they have to be open, and they have to respect if their proposed plans of action are rejected.

And most importantly you need to have an exit strategy. Sometimes campaigns go wrong, and if you cannot shut them down when it has become impossible to acheive the objectives, you will be stuck with it forever (need I say Viet Nam and the US of A?)...

I cannot stress enough how important these things are. Of course, you can change the structure and planning once the campaign gets going, but it is risky business, if those that support the campaign do not agree with the new structure and plans. Popular support will plummet, since their is no clear plan of action once the old plan is dumped and the new plan has been rejected.

Anyway, if these key concepts are not in place, you cannot expect to have a fighting chance. And even then, nothing is garanteed. We won't know if the Bug List project was a success yet. At the moment it looks like a success, but we will only know for sure when the (first) patch hits the streets, and even then there might still be work that needs to be done.

Also, things like this take time to get underway. The Bug List project was started over 3 months ago, although it had no real clear form back then. And believe it or not, it was actually started by someone else than me. I just happened to be the person that was "nominated" and "elected" to keep things organised and going once the lights went green.

I hope I didn't go to far in my ramblings, and that this can be of some help. If I missed something or you have any questions, I will be happy to answer.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 19, 2002 08:46AM
I love this way to act, with such a professional real man!

I also think that you are ready to climb the piramid of a huge business company to became the CEO,maybe a bridge building company..! :)

Jokes apart,

I am ready to give it a try,spending some times and prepared to fail,I have nothing to loose if I fails.

I would like to do something like " fix my 688(I) hunter/killer campaign ".

I need a small web space where someone a bit skilled could add only:

Sign for MP petition ( allow non-championship enviroment in LAN,2 players )

I could also work on the marketing side....need only to know how signs could be authenticated and if someone could set a web site with no graphic features,only : " Sign MP petition " and a authentication method.

Do you know someone ready to build a single page like this with authentication mode?

My only target is to enable non-championship enviroment in MP via LAN 2 players.

Another target I have is to see every Morbid list bug fixed and a gold medal attached to you and your mates,of course !

Thanks man,

Boomer
Date: July 19, 2002 09:03AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Are you saying there's no chance Morbid won't be the CEO of a bridge building company? ;)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 19, 2002 09:18AM
Good chances instead ;) the name should be ....Brookling.....

Do you know someone that have some web space to accomodate the MP petition?

Anyone a bit skilled to do as I said 1 post before?

Aloha

Boomer
Date: July 19, 2002 09:31AM
Posted by: Morbid
Thank you for your kind comments :).

An online petition with the structure you prepose here might be a very good idea. It is simply and very easy to manage, and all that really needs to be done is to get it up and running, get a lot of people to sign it (and that means they have to know it exists), and to deliever it to the right persons. I am pretty sure that once you have a good number of people on that list, a lot more will follow. The hard part will be to get the first hundred or so.

Also, do not underestimate what the potential losses can be. Those involved in the campaign will always rescept you if you do things right, so its usually not here that the negative consequences are to be found. Usually they are connected to the workload, and the things you have to neglect to keep the campaign going, or the mental crisis of failure.

I spent 16 hours a day (and sometimes more) 7 days a week from the 21st of May to the 6th June, on the Bug List project. If we had failed utterly (not even been able to produce the list), that would have shaken up my mind, thats for sure.

Another serious project I undertook resulted in altered legislation concerning the entire educational system in Denmark and new objectives in the politics for the future planning (although I was high up in the ladder in the project, I was not the head poncho here!!), but I also failed an entire semester at Uni. Which eventually lead to the stigma, that I could not complete what I started in my own education, and that teamwork with me as far as Uni was concerned was somewhat risky business. I have now proven that to be wrong, but I had to suffer the consequences for a year or so. Lots of strange things can happen, and the downsides (if there are any) often hit your personal life more than anything else.

Anyway, I think I might have something that can help you. I was once into the Clan war system in Counterstrike. And I had an Asus GFX card. Asus released a set of drivers with built in wallhacks. And of course the 3d-shooter community found this to be an appalling marketing move. I signed up for a petition to have the drivers withdrawn, and the concept scrapped. And it succeded. I don't know who organised it, but I do have my return email from the petition, and it does mention one person. Perhaps it is something like this you are looking for?

Return email below:

Dear Lasse Füssel,

This email message is sent to you from PetitionOnline.com to confirm your signature as "Lasse Füssel" on the online petition:

"No "Cheating Drivers""

hosted on the web by our free online petition service, at:

[www.PetitionOnline.com]

Your signature on the petition is already complete, and there is no need
to reply to this message.

At PetitionOnline.com, we host the petition you've signed, but we didn't
create it. If you would like to comment on the petition, you can contact
the author of the petition by email, at:

Jason Rodzik, jason@unrealtournament.org

If you would like to help some more to support the cause of this
petition, it would be great to take a moment now and send a quick email
message to let some friends and allies know about it.

Here's some text you can just copy and paste into your own email message
to help spread the word about this petition:

+ --------- copy from here --------- +

Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"No "Cheating Drivers""

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

[www.PetitionOnline.com]

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Lasse Füssel

+ --------- down to here ---------- +
+ paste into your own email, & send +

A note along those lines, sent from you to your friends, can make an
especially effective contribution to the petition. A successful
petition is a grassroots collaborative effort, and now it's your turn.
The power of the Internet is in your hands -- so spread the word!

Note, however, that in helping to promote this petition you are expressly prohibited from sending unsolicited bulk mail messages ("junk mail" or "spam";). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, information announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have specifically requested it.

Confirmation in Error?

On the other hand, if you believe you have received this confirmation of
signature in error, and, if you received the email _directly_ from
PetitionOnline.com, then please forward this entire message, ASAP, with
a brief explanation, to:

webmaster@PetitionOnline.com

An erroneous signature confirmation is usually caused by a typographic error by a legitimate signer. With millions of email addresses on the internet, there are very many addresses that are only one letter apart. However, an erroneous signature confirmation could also be caused by deliberate impersonation, so all confirmation errors will be investigated carefully.

By the way, we don't keep any email distribution lists associated with petition signers at PetitionOnline.com, so there is never any mail list here you'd need to be unsubscribed from.

We honor you for the courage of your convictions. And we thank you for
participating in the free and open expression of public opinion.

Best wishes,

Kevin Matthews
President
Artifice, Inc.

Notice: (The lawyers make us say this)

www.PetitionOnline.com provides free hosting of public petitions for
responsible public advocacy. There is no express or implied endorsement
of this petition or other hosted petitions by Artifice, Inc. or our
sponsors.

[www.PetitionOnline.com]

It's quick and easy. Create your own free online petition today at
www.PetitionOnline.com!

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
Artifice, Inc. [www.artifice.com]
[www.GreatBuildings.com]
[www.HomeDesignStore.com]
[www.ArchitectureWeek.com]
800.203.8324 toll free . 541.345.7421 voice . 541.345.7438 fax
creative tools and media for spatial design . Eugene, Oregon, USA
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 19, 2002 09:37AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy