can't open some .gp4 files

Posted by Caelen 
can't open some .gp4 files
Date: April 17, 2003 03:36AM
Posted by: Caelen
ive used z-modeller to edit some .gp4 files but there are some which i cant open in z-modeller. in particular i want to open the steering wheel shape but i cant. i tried opening in genius and exporting but z-modeller still wont open it. i think its something to do with different version of the .gp4 format.
ive noticed a few other shapes that i cant open, and have seen updated versions of those shapes so i assume its possible to open them somehow.
Can anyone help ?
Re: can't open some .gp4 files
Date: April 17, 2003 05:30AM
Posted by: tux
there locked. (nothing more to say :P)

Date: April 17, 2003 06:21AM
are you sure. im talking about original .gp4 files not downloaded ones.
Date: April 17, 2003 06:22AM
Posted by: tux
bleh!

there corrupt then

Date: April 17, 2003 08:10AM
Posted by: Lo2k
It is perfectly possible to open them, but ZModeler, as Genius are not able to for some weird reason :p

Anyhow, you can open all of them with GP4 3DEditor.
In case you never heard about that tool, just clic on my banner below and follow the way :)

I just have to add that my tool isn't able to edit shapes as ZModeler does, but it already afford some functions as texture replacement/add and shapes displacement...

Date: April 17, 2003 01:49PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
No - the steering wheel files (some of them) cant be opened with zmodeler. But you can open them with genius - convert them to wrl and work in another program

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: April 17, 2003 02:39PM
ok thanks, what program can you use to edit .wrl, would it be possible to open in this other program, convert back to .gp4 and then open up in z-modeller, or are some shapes just not compatible with z-modeller, (better filter nedded ?)
yes thanks lo2k, i have tried yor tool, infact i downloaded the latest version last night, and as you say i could open the steering wheel shape, i tried exporting and then opening the new file in z-modeller but still no luck. any other ideas ?
Date: April 18, 2003 04:29AM
Posted by: Fieroboy
Lo2K..will you include a rotatation option in the future?
Date: April 18, 2003 11:11AM
Posted by: Lo2k
You mean, object rotation ?
Yes it will be add. It's not a real matter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy