Eastern Creek GP circuit

Posted by auscain 
Re: Eastern Creek GP circuit
Date: April 08, 2013 12:47PM
Posted by: gareth
Fantastic, looking forward to this very much!
Date: April 08, 2013 02:03PM
Posted by: Briere
I'm in love with what I'm seeing :)
Date: April 08, 2013 03:25PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I'm not familiar with the track myself but this looks great.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 14, 2013 10:35PM
Posted by: auscain
Good news, Eastern Creek fans. This afternoon the new easterncreek.data went in game without a hitch. Naturally the objects you see in the Screenshot (except for the track surface) are the original interlagos temporarily;).

Date: April 15, 2013 10:27AM
Posted by: gareth
Great!
Date: April 15, 2013 06:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Nice work and thanks for deleting the silly kink that they have done in real life anyway since that image!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 16, 2013 02:42AM
Thank you all for your responses:-) I would love to be able to walk around it. So this track layout is what you want?;-( I have only guessed from some comments, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not in love with the cc-line. I cranked it out based on the idea that there may be initial understeer on the corner entry just by the way the track layout is designed with a tight radius at the beginning of most corners. I have not even driven on it in-game at this stage. It will only take a short time to build a new cc-line which I am happy to do if I can get some feedback which is really the reason I posted the Builder View.

Correcting things from turn 6 at this stage equals about 6 hours work so now's your chance.
Date: April 16, 2013 02:57AM
Yes, I think that's the best layout to make. Run-off areas might be a bit different to make than from the Google Earth image, but looking at videos from the V8 round for example it should be relatively easy to fix that.

I'd say the CC-line looks ok, but difficult to judge it without seeing it in-game.

Check here for the full V8 races last year which might help you out.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 03:45AM by SchueyFan.
Date: April 16, 2013 03:40AM
SchueyFan- that is perfect. I could watch that race all day fabulous video! I'll do my best to reproduce the camber, change in track heights and run-off. I will definitely change the cc-line;)
Date: April 16, 2013 03:47AM
No problem. It's a nice venue that I've been to many times so looking forward to seeing it come to GP4!

By the way I coded my post incorrectly before, you can now see both races in my previous post.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 16, 2013 04:16AM
They tightened up turn 5 and 6 when removing that dangerous kink. That's why the wall is so close to the left. I will have to rebuild it but no-worries. Better to find out now. See you in a couple of weeks.
Date: April 16, 2013 02:08PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Hi, first of all nice work so far, it's really good to see more tracks coming in.

I've looked at Google Earth images, and turn 5 stayed the same. The straight follows what you have in your picture (not what you have in your dat). Then, instead of going right for the kink, it just keeps straight until it "hits" the old turn 6. You can see this using the historical images on Google Earth, search for images from November 2012.

Don't worry too much about cc-line yet, you just need one that makes the track work. You'll end up rebuilding the cc-line anyway after kerbs (and track width changes, if any) are done.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: April 17, 2013 03:31AM
Prblanco- thank you for your interest:-)
Date: April 17, 2013 11:13AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Hello Mate,

I an Interested as any.. Cheers.

Regards,
Hasbriale
Date: April 17, 2013 07:36PM
Posted by: foxtrot1985
Wow...:-o Looking forward to this one! How do you get your Earth image into the GPBuilder, if you don't mind me asking??
Date: April 18, 2013 03:51AM
Try this [f1virtual.blogspot.ca]

This is probably not the correct thread; however, I will attempt to answer your question as asked.

Eastern Creek actual image size 8116 X 4623 pixels with a line drawn on the image from the start finish line that measures 200m. In Google Earth, go to Tools/Line/Meters. In the Eastern Creek image, the 200m line drawn equals 1350 pixels.

In this case 8116/1350*200=1202.370 so the number to insert into the new object in the builder is 1202.370 X 684.889

Eastern Creek is straight for the first 41 sectors so we know that it should approximately equal the 200m line. I laid out the track quickly - no banking, no height difference - just to get the overall track length (actual track length 3.93) and make sure that it was 806 sectors that I was trying to attain. The scale of the background image did not give me the distance I was looking for at the first attempt. The track length was 839 sectors. There are several reasons for this that are not necessary to go into.

So again, 839 X 0.9607 = 806 (the background image) was now resized 0.9607 X 1202.370 = 1155.1172 and a new object created at the size of 1155.1172 X 657.9728 started again at sector 1 a little more carefully this time.

Of course there are lot more details than first meets the eye starting with the images taken at 300m altitude and assembling them.

It is always my goal to create the database to be as accurate as possible so yes, there is a lot of consideration.

I can't help but notice Lo2k tried to help get you started [www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: April 29, 2013 04:41AM
Eastern creek is back in-game with an entirely new background photo and easterncreek.data.
It's very interesting to watch this time, the computer cars dicing for position. Obviously it is everything to do with the track layout and the cc-line. The inspiration has come from 2012 round 19-20 V8 Supercars. In a few weeks I'll have something ready to test. The in-game shot is after turn 1 where the formula 1 cars actually accelerate again before turn 2. Other than that I cannot express enough that the cars act and overtake in a very similar fashion to the V8s. I still have some work to do on the camber and the track and undulations. I realise it's not much to see however it equals approximately 60 hours. So as you can imagine, I am growing quite fond of Eastern Creek raceway, understanding what the great passion is all about:-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 06:09AM by auscain.
Date: April 29, 2013 11:02AM
Posted by: Jo-Anne
Looks good, nice work. :-)
Date: April 29, 2013 11:46AM
Looks very promising, good work on the update!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 20, 2013 08:42PM
I'm getting very excited about this one. It is a very interesting circuit to build. I have not been able to work on it for a few weeks and had fun getting back into it this weekend. Thank you again, gareth, for the onboard video.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy