graphics

Posted by Paulo Ricardo 
graphics
Date: April 16, 2003 08:39PM
Posted by: Paulo Ricardo
I've just updated my pc, my new aspect is AMD XP 2200, 512MB DDR 333, Gforce 2 400, SBLive 5.1, WIN 98. I didn't get a good perfomance, to be honest, is even worse than I had. Please someone advise me about how to improve my performance

Keep your distance
Re: graphics
Date: April 17, 2003 01:10AM
Posted by: rayg
I think its your graphics car that is letting you down, there was a thread a few weeks ago where people was discussing which is the best grpahics card for the game and might be worth a look
Date: April 18, 2003 09:31AM
It's not possible, there must be a way to speed up my machine, I can not accept that only because my graphic card is a Gforce 2 64MB, I don't have a good performance, please GP4 experts give a tip, I am running with 800X600X16, with no mirrow and still having PO above 100.

Keep your distance
Date: April 18, 2003 09:32AM
Posted by: tux
drivers?

Date: April 18, 2003 09:37AM
I am using the latest drivers to Gforce 2, I know that I have to upgrade my card, but at least I wanted to use 1024X768, mirrors and staying below 100.

Keep your distance
Date: April 18, 2003 09:45AM
hmm

what whas the pc before the upgrade?

to me, it sounds like the power hog again, try upgrading ure psu

Date: April 18, 2003 09:47AM
It was a AMD 1.2 and 128MB, the rest was the same.

Keep your distance
Date: April 18, 2003 09:55AM
try a new psu

Date: April 18, 2003 10:02AM
Posted by: Larry
Make sure anti-aliasing is OFF and try turning sound hardware acceleration OFF.

Post Edited (04-18-03 17:02)
Date: April 18, 2003 10:13AM
Thank you guys, but where is anti-aliasing and what is psu, sorry to bored you I really apreciate your help

Keep your distance
Date: April 18, 2003 02:30PM
Posted by: Larry
For anti-aliasing, go into Windows Display Properties by right-clicking on your desktop and clicking on Properties. Click the Settings tab, Advanced button, the GeForce2MX tab, Additional Properties and you should find the Anti-aliasing tab in there. This procedure might vary slightly depending on your Windows version and graphics driver version but I think this should give you a general idea of how to get there.

Post Edited (04-18-03 21:32)
Date: April 18, 2003 03:47PM
Posted by: Vader
- forget the standard Gf2 drivers, use the Nvidia detonators.

- if you have a mainboard with VIA chipset install the latest VIA 4in1 drivers

- deactivate all programs in the background (screensavers, etc.)

- in Win98 open Control Panel > System > Performance and click File System. Under the Hard Disk tab, change the typical role of the computer to Network server instead of Desktop computer.

- open Control Panel > System > Performance and click Virtual Memory. Choose 'Let me specify my own virtual memory settings' and select the drive for the swap file. Ideally, it should be two-and-a-half times the amount of RAM on your system.

- run scandisk and defrag to optimize your harddisc

- in your graphic card's control panel deactivate FSAA (Full Screen Anti-Aliasing)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 18, 2003 04:11PM
Posted by: marcl
have u changed your mother board.

I changed my mother board so i could use ddr ram and did not notice any performance gain until i ran the windows XP fix which reinstalls windows and sorts out the regestry.

I have an xp2000+
512 DDR 4
Nvidia gforce4 TI

I get FPS 31 PO 80 at the start of a race with graphics set to full.
When i used a Gforce 2 400 i got 25 FPS.

U also need to reinstall GP4, remove it from the registry as well then reinstall it.
Date: April 19, 2003 11:22AM
I could not believe this.

I had set my mother board to run my XP2000+ at a clock speed of 100 :(

I changed it today to 133 which it should be and gained 15 fps, so i can now run GP4 at FPS of 50 with a PO of 80 :).

Just goes to show how much difference the CPU makes to this game.
Date: April 19, 2003 11:59AM
Posted by: Xero
Just out of interest... how do you check your clock speed?

Date: April 19, 2003 12:01PM
Posted by: genesis
NVIDIA Tweaker? Riva Tuner?

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: April 19, 2003 01:18PM
U check your clock speed in your BIOS.

When u buy a new motherboard like i did its set up for default i.e. bottom speck so i had to change the jumpers on the board.

It tells u how hot the CPU is as well
Date: April 19, 2003 01:51PM
Posted by: Pirate
Try to have a look for third party graphics tweakers etc As Vader suggested.
Date: April 19, 2003 02:56PM
Posted by: Pirate
I recently got the Geforce4 mx600 and in the software was the supplied overclock programme and i use it, it has an auto overclock feature whereas the software just safely overclocks the card, which is clever. But I have also the newest drivers from the nvidea site. hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy