the warez version

Posted by genesis 
the warez version
Date: June 16, 2002 11:33AM
Posted by: genesis
I don't wish for this to be deleted, this is just cos I'm having trouble playing a version of GP4 everyone else at the moment. I downloaded loadsa files from an FTp server and copied them to a CD, but what do I do next? THere is no GP4 executable so how do I play this wonderful masterpiece???
Re: the warez version
Date: June 16, 2002 11:55AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Unfortunetly, there is no tech support with that version. If you do warez, learnt o figure out problems by yourself since no one likes warez.

Sorry.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 16, 2002 12:59PM
Posted by: Habi
LOL @ Merlin,

and you're an angel ...

Date: June 16, 2002 01:08PM
Anyways, the majority of people from this forum have downloaded the warez version, including you.
Date: June 16, 2002 01:11PM
Posted by: LS.
it would seem that the majority of the members of this forum are downloading the warez version to try before you buy etc.

to any outsiders this may look like we are condoning the usage of warez games.

therefore, when i get back from holiday, and have purchased GP4 i will be posting a photo of with my receipt to show that although i did download the warez, i went out and bought the original.

anyone from infogrammes or crammonds company might well visit this site to check what the opinions are about it,
we've had 2 people from pcgamer visit so its highly possible

and i would like to think that this forum is prepared to pay for geoff's efforts

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 16, 2002 01:21PM
of course. But I think posting a photo of your receipt is a going a bit far....
Date: June 16, 2002 01:22PM
Posted by: Spike02
about nearly everyone downloading the warez version, i haven't, not with my crappy 56k modem
Date: June 16, 2002 01:35PM
i disagree, this goes to show that your not delibratly ripping off crammond by downloading the warez version and keeping it

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 16, 2002 01:35PM
ok but we will believe you. You really don't have to prove yourself to us and everyone.
Date: June 16, 2002 01:38PM
no really!!
Date: June 16, 2002 01:39PM
and who's to say the receipt is real? could be a fake one.

The reason I denied tech support is because if you d/l warez, then it's YOUR problem if it doesn't work. Don't come to a GP4 forum asking for help on a ILLEGAL version of the game.

Did you see me asking for help?

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 16, 2002 01:40PM
no i think it will be a good way of seeing who's a pirate and who's not,

we still get people posting about " loosing the cd, or loosing the manual" etc, when quite clearly they have never bought it, and they all treated the same way i.e no help at all.

like i say, if someone from infogrammes visits this forum, the first thing they will think is that everyone downloaded the warez

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 16, 2002 01:43PM
and who's to say the receipt is real? could be a fake one

then the people that go to the length of posting a fake recepit will probably never recieve any help from the decent people of forum again,

i would'nt give any advice or help to some one i knew had the warez and then posted a fake receipt, talk about low life

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 16, 2002 01:46PM
jesus okay okay. I only asked a question. Really no need to get all sanctimonius and rude. I didn't want having a go at, I wanted advice. If you don't have anything positive, please don't say anything at all.
Date: June 16, 2002 01:47PM
Posted by: Morbid
But this is an important discussion, nevertheless. At the release of GP3 2K we did the exact same thing, just testing and the buying. When the official release date arrived, almost all of us purchased the game within minutes of our local retailer opening up for business.

Hence, since then it was no longer "acceptable", to be using nor in possession of the warez version. And a lot of people had troubled accepting this change of attitude, let alone understanding it. We were literally drowning in questions on how to mod the warez, where it could be found, if we could send missing files and so forth.

As an attempt to cure this infection launched a "rid the board of warez" campaign, and in the zest of the public witchhunt, a lot of regrettable and embarrasing mistakes were made, and quite a few angered words were flung a cross these boards. I myself (will it over stop?) was the lead man in some of the most spiteful examples of flamefests.

I don't think that we want to go through that again. Nevertheless, I am very sure that come the 21th, once again the warez will be frowned upon and rejected as topics on these boards.

So, remember to save us and yourself of a lot of trouble and agony. Buy the damn game

- or failing that -

DON'T come here and make it public knowledge that you have the warez version.

It is so few of us that really enjoy these huge digital slugfests.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
sheesh, guns ablazing
calm it down
Date: June 16, 2002 01:50PM
sorry spikeman or L.S, wasn't getting angry at you. Merlin was making me angry cos out of the view of this board he downloads the warez version (even helped me to get it) and then has a go at me in front of you lot.
Date: June 16, 2002 01:52PM
I will buy the game when it comes out here but that's not till august. And I have nothing to prove to anyone once I do buy it. Posting pics of a receitt will prove nothing. What will count is when I register the game with GC.

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 16, 2002 01:52PM
Posted by: Morbid
It is just an explanation of why people here are already backing down from the "legitimate" usage of the warez. And I added a prediction of whats to come.

It is just an attempt to make you able to see what might be behind the next hilltop. If you think you don't need it, forget about it.

Just don't come after the 21st and say that you don't understand why people are angry at you when you say the word "warez"...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy