wad selector?

Posted by genesis 
wad selector?
Date: April 09, 2003 11:31AM
Posted by: genesis
Does anyone know of a program that enables you to select a certain wad file (cars.wad, say) depending on what type of gp4 you want to play?

Say I want to play my 2003 cars.wad, then want to play dave's and sim's GT mod, is there a proggy to easily switch between the two?

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Re: wad selector?
Date: April 09, 2003 11:39AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Copy n paste it. It only takes 2 minutes!!!!!!!!

....................I quite like this now.
Date: April 09, 2003 11:42AM
Posted by: tux
i was in the middle of making such a program (more of a mod installer) but then coiuldnt be assed anymore with gp4 :(

Date: April 09, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: genesis
:(

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: April 10, 2003 01:13AM
Posted by: jp2
drag and drop ?

besides, i've heard rumors that one of the next gpxpatches wil future track specific wad's and performances.

greetings, jp
Date: April 10, 2003 12:17PM
Posted by: matt
already featured in gpxpatch 3.35 just rename cars.wad to i.e. cars_melborne2001.wad if you have a trackset for australia and go into gpxtrack.ini and change 0 to 1 in "enabletrackspecificcarswad"
Date: April 10, 2003 07:40PM
Posted by: Schumi5
matt i dont understand what you mean ,

can u tell me step by step

please
Date: April 11, 2003 01:34AM
Posted by: Vader
This is really good news. The only drawback might be the size of files. If you have 17 trackspecific wad files and all are about 80MB, you end up with 1,360 GB of additional data in your Gp4 directory. Imagine you had a CART, a GT and a 1994 mod as well, you need a HD for GP4 alone :)

Plus you'd have to backup oyur game's directory on DVD.

Post Edited (04-11-03 08:35)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 11, 2003 01:49AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
check this thread (in Dutch) the tool does what you want. Selection of different cars.wads. I tested the first version and it works fine. You can have 2003, 2002 etc. season and a fantasy cars.wad as well as the GT cars. wad and a whole lot more if you want. You can even add your own preview pic of the carset. Very cool tool!

[edit]oops... forgot the thread: [forum.gamer.nl][edit]

Post Edited (04-11-03 13:49)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: April 11, 2003 12:22PM
Posted by: matt
say you wanted to have changes for malaysia like sauber with malaysian flag and minardi with malaysia for peace on it ,copy and paste your cars.wad and extract with gp4master,put in new files and create new wad cars_sepang2001.wad and put in gp4 directory.now in that same directory is gpxdata folder.open that up and you will see an ini.file called gpxtrack,open this up and you will see ENABLETRACKSPECIFICCARSWAD=0.change that 0 to 1 and now you will see the different liveries when using malaysian track.the other tracks will be using the default cars.wad
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy