A little Zmodeler help please

Posted by John52 
A little Zmodeler help please
Date: April 04, 2003 03:08PM
Posted by: John52
I am working on a fantasy livery using the original Minardi carshape. What I have found is that on the "level 1" GP4 file the suspension components are not mapped correctly. They seem to pick up the texture from the side pod area in the TGA file (which in my case is now white).
Using Zmodeler I have figured out how to import the GP4 file, how to isolate an individual object (e.g. right rear suspension) and I know how to load the TGA files using the Textures Browser. I can assign the loaded TGA files to the carshape but what I can't figure out is how identify and then modify an individual object's settings. Can somebody give me some tips on how you would identify the area in the texture/TGA file that an object is mapped to and then how would you change the values to point to another area (in my case a black "filler area"......thanks
Re: A little Zmodeler help please
Date: April 04, 2003 03:13PM
Posted by: sasjag
you want to remap the car at a guess?

if so i have a tutorial i wrote, i will upload it in a minute and post the link here for you :)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 04, 2003 03:21PM
[members.lycos.co.uk]

theer ya go, it's very basic but i hope it can help ya

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 04, 2003 04:26PM
Posted by: andrew_S
hmm... seems a bit complex tutorial to me thats one hell of a way to complicate a simple procces!, when all you need to sellect is faces level, then the polygons using the square or round sellecter tool (ctrl and shift to add and subtract) then click assign uv and open the UV mapper, scale without a specified axes assigned (no holding shift) and there u are :)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 04, 2003 04:52PM
yeah, i think it's down to preference, i personnally don't like doing it that way, but i fins my way of doing it easier and quicker, but again, each t there own

Sim

Date: April 05, 2003 02:07AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Wow sim, i have no idea what to do, but nice tutorial anyway ;)

Date: April 05, 2003 02:32AM
Posted by: andrew_S
yeah, i think it's down to preference, i personnally don't like doing it that way, but i fins my way of doing it easier and quicker, but again, each t there own

very true, but what you got to remember is your teaching a newbie, here, so your preference even if it is your preference, may not be the best to teach them if its quite complex, its best to go for the simple method :) learnt that from experience of trying to teach people to use the program!

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 05, 2003 04:10AM
yeah true, unfortunately it's really the only method i know :P

Sim

Date: April 05, 2003 04:43AM
Posted by: Spike02
and 'tis the method i use to map my cars :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy