The news in german:
[www.grand-prix.4players.de]

Flo

mail@Grand-Prix-4.de
www.Grand-Prix-4.de
Re: No GP5??
Date: April 04, 2003 02:46PM
Posted by: Ellis
yeah, i psoted this in the off topic too, not sure what to make of it, but GP5 is looking highly unlikly

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 04, 2003 02:50PM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
What!! Geoff's making stunt car games - nooooooooooooo surely not. Someone's got to continue the GP series, it's only just started:) I saw a vid of the new Indycar game Codemaster, could be a bit bland to start with - looks good though..

Date: April 04, 2003 03:02PM
Posted by: NiGhTmArE666
Geoff was also the maker of the first stunt-car so that's nothing new, but the way i look at it : "he is alive a kickin'" so GP5 is also a possibility :D

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
e-mail : niels@gp3.gamers.nl
Date: April 04, 2003 03:08PM
Posted by: Vader
My commitment to Formula One simulations over the past few years was very intensive and just didn't allow me to work on any other projects. Now, the time seems just about perfect to produce Stunt Car Racer Pro."

Well, if he has the time to do Stuntracer now this could mean that his commitment to Formula One simulations has ceased to be. Even if Morbid will say this is fuzzy logic (and he would be right) it does not look good for Gp5.

Post Edited (04-04-03 22:09)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 04, 2003 04:40PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
It is indeed dissapointing that GP5 will most likely not be released, but hey, don't ignore the fact that the master is still making games - admittedly not the type we're after but there's no doubt it will still be brilliant.

Date: April 04, 2003 05:25PM
Posted by: tux
ahh wow, if he does this without infogrames :P then it will be amazing :D

Date: April 04, 2003 06:55PM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
is this stunt car racer the one on the Amiga - with massive jumps on scary high roads..........................

Date: April 04, 2003 11:19PM
Posted by: marcl
From what i have heard it is gonna be very hard to make an F1 game with the current rules the way they are.

i.e the friday extra practise, 1 lap quali.

Games like f1200x will have to be changed completly and there is no real why to make gp4 do these things
Date: April 05, 2003 02:18AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Marc1, you can do 1 lap qually. Go into GPxPatch, open its file which you can change things in (u know...the txt file thing) and change number of qualifying laps to 3. Then set cars on track to 4. It works perfectly!!

SCR.............a memory stirs. A guy called Jed Stratton was making a SCR->GP3 conversion, I think he's perfecting it. Also, when its possible, he'll transfer it to gp4. It looks amazing, beleive me!!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: April 05, 2003 02:35AM
What i meant was though it will be very hard to make the cars go out in the right order and only start the warm up lap when the other driver starts the quali lap and things like that.

Also the fuel rule will be hard as well etc.

I am not using gpxpatch as the last time i did it changed to many things that i did not like.
Date: April 05, 2003 06:06AM
Posted by: Ellis
What i meant was though it will be very hard to make the cars go out in the right order and only start the warm up lap when the other driver starts the quali lap and things like that.

Sumhow i cant belvie that. They can program the cars to go round the track ans pas each other, have working pit men, and GPxPatch gets them one at a time, i think with the raw code geoff could make them do that!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 05, 2003 06:33AM
Lets hope so but it will be alot of work
Date: April 05, 2003 08:21AM
Posted by: Breadfan
This doesn't mean he'll quit from GP5. Bare in mind there are lots of new rules in F1 and they're changing rapidly. It just doesn't make sence to start working on a sequel if some of the basic rules are yet to be re-defined.

BTW, GP4 is great as it is, and I don't feel a particular need for a GP5 right now. This baby's got everything I need.. ;)

Breadfan
Date: April 05, 2003 09:30AM
i just wish GP4 was more editable so that people can produce a season package
Date: April 05, 2003 01:03PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
The first version of stunt car racer was very succesful. I know the game - liked it and played it very often on my old commodore c64.

I feel great if Geoff makes a new version. The old game was very funny. Now - with new grafic and sound engines...

Think it will be a great game.

But i'm not amused thinking about that we wont get a gp5.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: April 05, 2003 01:47PM
Posted by: microprose.nut
I played Stunt Car Racer too I still have my c64 I can just imagine it with Grand Prix 4 type effects

But I think there will be a gp5 but we will have to wait years and years. Remember the Gap between gp1 and gp2 I think it will be more than 4 years we will have to wait

Gp4 has not been easy and there was a lot of sacrificing going on
Date: April 06, 2003 07:09AM
Posted by: Zjokke
You have to look at the positive side :

The y can focus on other things than FIA rulez. For example they now can focus on multiplayer support. They also can optimize there 3d engine and other related stuff.
SO indirect there is development for a future GP5.
Date: April 06, 2003 07:12PM
Posted by: Xero
I don't think GP5 has been axed... I don't think Geoff wants to make the same mistake as he did with GP4... It may be the case we won't see anything of GP5 for the next 2-3 years. They will want to build a robust graphics engine! (probably develop GP4's - this does seem pointless as in 2-3 years time, gfx technology will have advanced greatly!) While they develop a good engine, surely they're allowed to take on other projects.

"My commitment to Formula One simulations over the past few years was very intensive and just didn't allow me to work on any other projects. Now, the time seems just about perfect to produce Stunt Car Racer Pro."

To me this sounds like he plans a long development for GP5! He can easily leave it in the hands of the gfx engine guys for a year or so, while he develops this new game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy