FPS Try this...

Posted by Fieroboy 
Re: FPS Try this...
Date: April 03, 2003 08:39AM
Posted by: Fieroboy
Ok sorry for the 32 bit confusion, I just used that as a example when changing the config file. Change "ANYTHING" and save it. Then run the game, basically if you are running GP4 in hires and with all options on and you are getting a good PO, then it's pretty mute to change anything. I just brought this up for people who are getting hi PO's with only minumum options on. Just to see if this helps for them also.
Date: April 03, 2003 08:41AM
Posted by: marcl
Thanks for clearing that up Fieroboy lol
Date: April 03, 2003 08:55AM
Posted by: captainvik
?? !! hmmmm.........

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: April 03, 2003 08:59AM
Posted by: tux
so how did u get the 60 fps? :P

Date: April 03, 2003 09:17AM
Posted by: marcl
who got 60 i am getting 35 and i think thats pritty good
Date: April 03, 2003 10:41AM
Posted by: Spike02
fieroboy, please, for the sake of my carshaping, post the cfg file :)

i got a PIII 500 mhz, so i gather that it should do wonders for me...........

Date: April 03, 2003 11:08AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I understand completely what he means

/me goes off to test :)

Date: April 03, 2003 11:46AM
Posted by: CACTUSNIC
Thanks fieroboy I get ya and it works a treat for me.

Date: April 03, 2003 01:02PM
Posted by: Spike02
i don't geddit :';(

someone explain for a thick 'un............................

Date: April 03, 2003 01:10PM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
think he means change something in gfx.cfg file and save. Start GP4 it'll ask whether u wanna callibrate say no, select ur settings for gfx (fps) and they'll be less PO ...could be wrong though!!

Date: April 03, 2003 01:23PM
Spike02 wrote:

> i don't geddit :';(
>
> someone explain for a thick 'un............................
>

Spike your running GP4 with a PO off 50-70, but you don't have many options on, kinda sux right? Exit GP4 go into you're graphics.CFG and turn on options you prefer ie: 32 bit, external mirrors ect. Now when you start GP4 these options should be enabled but your PO is relatively the same as before you made these changes. If you were to recalibrate your graphics the game will adjust and you will get a higher PO, so don't recalibrate. This is the best explanation I can give, I only have a high school diploma hehehe.
Date: April 03, 2003 02:07PM
Posted by: Morbid
The only thing that happens when I try this, is that GP4 switches into automatic control of the detail level and tries to run at the estimated FPS at all times. I see no improvement.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: April 03, 2003 02:54PM
The improvement for me was getting lots off eye candy at a PO that enables me to run in real time.
Date: April 03, 2003 02:58PM
Posted by: brettly
Yep...i get the same as Morbid as well....it just goes to the fps that u would prefer, which in my case is 35-40fps(running 32fps ATM) and thus the PO increases/decreases accordingly....getting PO around 80-100-110...but by increasing FPS goes up ....which is obvious.
Sure its not a bit of Mind over Matter??
Date: April 03, 2003 04:34PM
Posted by: Vader
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but my PO actually increased to 250 + :(

Post Edited (04-03-03 23:34)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 03, 2003 04:47PM
Posted by: Ellis
LOL Vader. Well setting the FPS to 0 will of course produce different results on different comps, especially if u arent having problems

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 03, 2003 04:58PM
What I don't understand is the following:

If I change my cfg file the estimated Fps is 0, but the slider is still set to the value I did put it too (32 fps). It can't be lower than 8fps. Wouldn't that mean Gp4 is using 8fps instead of 0?

Can it be that this does only improve the performance on low end system but actually does have the reversed effect on better/good/high end system?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 03, 2003 05:11PM
Posted by: Ellis
but the thing is if u set it to 0 then it doesnt wait for it to say "ok, another frame plz", it just sticks it in as soon as the PC can cope with it, in theory

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 03, 2003 05:16PM
I cannot set my fps to 0. 8fps is the lowest Gp4 allows.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 03, 2003 05:18PM
Maybe it has to do with the OS, I use Win 98SE.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy