GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
GPGSL S8 Brazilian Grand Prix, Interlagos

Race Day

Race Results

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
An interesting side note about the activity penalties, and I thought I'd share them with everyone to ensure the appropriate actions are carried out.

Although John Warrington posted a little before the results of the check posted on the 6th Feb, I was already a day late with that check.

This last check was between the period of the 5th to the 19th of Feb. Make of that what you will, but by reckoning he only just classes as active this time. Others may take a different view as he didn't post between the actual time period between the results.

To ensure this kind of confusion doesn't happen again, I'll endeavour to make sure that I post on time for the next deadline.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
I apologise for the quality of the race video. I tried changing some settings and it seems it didn't work :-O

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I apologise for the quality of the race video. I
> tried changing some settings and it seems it
> didn't work :-O

Not really caring of that. I can still read the writings ;) Gonna give a better look at the whole coverage asap :-)

My GPGSL Career
after seeing the results (yeah, i love spoilers) i don't really look forward to watching the whole race. oh well, at least i held my grid position. duh...

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
hey guys, the link to the results doesnt work. And youtube is trying to make me commit suicide (yes i know its my i/c's fault).
Could someone pls fix the link ? :$ Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
link is working for me. Sent you a PM with spoilered results. Only hope the spoiler works :-p
Rico Schreef:
> hey guys, the link to the results doesnt work. And
> youtube is trying to make me commit suicide (yes i
> know its my i/c's fault).
> Could someone pls fix the link ? :$ Thank you.

If spoiler won't open, try right mouse click and 'open in new tab' (or possibly in new window). That works for me :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> An interesting side note about the activity
> penalties, and I thought I'd share them with
> everyone to ensure the appropriate actions are
> carried out.
>
> Although John Warrington posted a little before
> the results of the check posted on the 6th Feb, I
> was already a day late with that check.
>
> This last check was between the period of the 5th
> to the 19th of Feb. Make of that what you will,
> but by reckoning he only just classes as active
> this time. Others may take a different view as he
> didn't post between the actual time period between
> the results.
>
> To ensure this kind of confusion doesn't happen
> again, I'll endeavour to make sure that I post on
> time for the next deadline.

That was lucky on my part

I'll publically discuss the results on Friday... ;)

My GPGSL Career
My last season prediction that Tobi will win at least 1 race in this season turns out to be true. Fantastic result from 10th place on the grid, well deserved mate. (B)

A 4th place for me isn't bad either, but still no podium. I want more and it seems the car can give me more when you look to the encouraging results at Interlagos.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Not a good race for SCR. :( But with no boost and no boss, what can we do ?

JohnMaverick
c) Team bosses
ca)All team bosses are checked for activity. From the commencement of Season 7, team owners that are inactive will receive the following penalties. First inactive penalty: a 10 point constructors title reduction. Second inactive penalty: a 15 point constructors title reduction. Third inactive penalty: Team forfeiture. The team will be passed intact to the number 1 race driver for management till the end of the season, whereupon it will then be passed to the first on the team waiting list.

cb) In the event of the team boss being removed from the series, either by penalty or by any other means, the GPGSL will pass the team management to the first driver on that team for the remainder of the season. At the close of the season, the team slot will be allocated to the next person on the team waiting list.

I'm not a big fan of this rule :
1- it penalizes the whole team, even its active members;
2- in that case Mal got two penalties, one as a team owner and another one as a driver. That makes a lot.

I think we should amend these rules for next season as I feel it is not very fair for the team members who are doing their best for being active, and it's a little bit harsh for a driving team owner who is being given two penalties at once.

EricMoinet schrieb:
> Not a good race for SCR. :( But with no boost and
> no boss, what can we do ?
>
>
> c) Team bosses
> ca)All team bosses are checked for activity. From
> the commencement of Season 7, team owners that are
> inactive will receive the following penalties.
> First inactive penalty: a 10 point constructors
> title reduction. Second inactive penalty: a 15
> point constructors title reduction. Third inactive
> penalty: Team forfeiture. The team will be passed
> intact to the number 1 race driver for management
> till the end of the season, whereupon it will then
> be passed to the first on the team waiting list.
>
> cb) In the event of the team boss being removed
> from the series, either by penalty or by any other
> means, the GPGSL will pass the team management to
> the first driver on that team for the remainder of
> the season. At the close of the season, the team
> slot will be allocated to the next person on the
> team waiting list.
>
>
> I'm not a big fan of this rule :
> 1- it penalizes the whole team, even its active
> members;
> 2- in that case Mal got two penalties, one as a
> team owner and another one as a driver. That makes
> a lot.
>
> I think we should amend these rules for next
> season as I feel it is not very fair for the team
> members who are doing their best for being active,
> and it's a little bit harsh for a driving team
> owner who is being given two penalties at once.

This rule has been established in this form to avoid penalizing active drivers for inactivity of their teamowner. The first idea had been to distract 10 points from the team perf. But THIS really would have penalized active drivers in this time. Hence why the team is only distracted points from the constructor's championship. This does not directly penalize active drivers in this team. But on the other hand inactive team owners have to be penalized in a way, or they would have superior rights to all the drivers, which can't be. Granted that in cases like Mal's, this leads to a double penalty. But only because Mal has a double-role, too and with that also double the responsibility to be active. He is not penalized twice as a team owner, but he is penalized once as a team owner, with a 10 point reduction from the constructor's championship table, and he is penalized once as a test driver for SMS, with a 10 point perf reduction. Simple as that.

As for my race:
Nothing more to say than 'frustrating'. It seems the problems at the car weren't solved from the last race. It just went backwards. But still I should have been able to stay ahead of Charrel, at least, if I hadn't done this double pit stop, while the reason for it couldn't be caught by the cameras. Whatever it was, it was a weekend to forget and will throw me back a lot again in the championship.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Terrible race for me. :( The car had no pace at all, and really struggled on the hill up to the start finish line... oh well, on to Spa next, another track I like, just hope for a better result than here in Brazil.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> GPGSL Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Activity Check
> >
> > Sorry, was late again...really ought to keep it
> > pinned on my desktop or something...
> >
> > Anyway, we've had THREE drivers out this time:
> >
> > Daniel Thomas (Christel VXR) - Last active:
> > February 28, 2013
> > Guilherme Cramer (True North) - Last active:
> > February 27, 2013
> > Mal Stoddart (Snake Motorsports) - Last active:
> > March 03, 2013
> >
> > NEXT DEADLINE: 2nd April, 2013
>
> Great. So the Driver that we got into help us and
> Jack out now takes an activity penalty. Fan dabby
> dozie!

Sorry, I've been a bit busy. I didn't realise I didn't post.
Good race!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Thanks Sebastian, i appreciate that :-D Opening in a tab didnt work either, it simply said the link was broken.
It was a great race for Minardi. A good haul of points here, and somehow Matteo did do what he said he would do, its unbeleivable :p

@Mal being inactive, never expected that to happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
22nd!! :( Damn! Thanks for the link to the qually results!

But managed to climb to 12th in the race which should mean something...Bring on the next round please :)
ohh yeah, btw, i´m working my ass off atm 11-12 hours aday which makes me f:ed up when i eventually come home, so my posting might get even less then it has been for a period of time until my body is ok working that much =P Shouldnt miss any activity checks thoe, but i´m still checking in to see what´s happening and how races go :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy