REPLACEMENT ARROWS THREAD

Posted by JackieStewart 
REPLACEMENT ARROWS THREAD
Date: April 02, 2003 03:53AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
I thought it might be an idea to start a thread for recomendations to replace the arrows team for the 2003 carset.
Obviously fantasy liveries are the order of the day and it would help everyone if they're designed to "slot into" the Arrows team slot on GP4 without too much messing around re-naming files etc. So come on, give us your ideas and recomendations 'cos unfortunately if we can't have the Arrows, we need something else. Personally, I'd love to try out the Adidas/Miller fantasy liveries but they're made for the BAR slot and I can't get them to "map" properly to my Arrows team.

....................I quite like this now.
Re: REPLACEMENT ARROWS THREAD
Date: April 02, 2003 04:14AM
Posted by: LarryM
I am waiting for Jon to come up with his car creator, which I hope will enable us to edit the number of cars. Then we can take the arrows out. From all of the westerns I've seen, and Braveheart, i understand that removing an arrow is not only painful but maybe dangerous for the person performing the operation. ;)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: April 02, 2003 04:20AM
Posted by: tux
head over to sdi's forum more often :P someone asked about using the hotseat mode for races etc and asked rené if he can make it so the seat doesnt change

Date: April 02, 2003 04:50AM
Posted by: jp2
what ?

back to subject: i have a nice audi (sasjag's) in my arrows-slot, fits well, but unfortunately without pitcrew etc..

greetings, jp
Date: April 02, 2003 05:01AM
Posted by: Ellis
Jon, i stated that idea a long time ago

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 02, 2003 05:03AM
Posted by: tux
hehe, its on sdi forum somewhere by someone :P

Date: April 02, 2003 05:22AM
Posted by: Lo2k
For your adidas fantasy car, i built a tool to be able to rename cars and patch the .gp4 file to use new textures.
Its name is Livery Editor (clic on the banner below to get it)
So just copy the original .gp4 used by your fantasy car and rename it as the arrows file (or make gp4 use any new name for the car, ie:adidas) and rename your adidas .gp4 file to that name with LE (Livery Editor).

Then if you duplicated an original shape to put in the arrows' slot, you will have to change textures used by the .gp4 files, else you will have 2 times the same car.
My tools has been designed to patch a .gp4 file and make it using any prefixed name for texture.

That way you can use a car named car_Adidas_lod_0.gp4 with textures named hi_adidas1.tex, hi_adidas2.tex and hi_adidas3.tex.

have a good try.

Date: April 02, 2003 05:31AM
Posted by: anze89
what if we don't replace arrows, but set with performance editor or CC4, that arrows always qualify to the last two places, and on the start their engines bows up. ;)

But if we need an other team, I recommend the fantasy Lamborghini team (it is on this site, and it's made for arrows carshape)

Date: April 02, 2003 05:49AM
Posted by: Ellis
why are we talking about putting in fantasy cars anyway? what we want is realism and having arows in is more realsitc than having some fantasy car in

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 02, 2003 10:45AM
Posted by: broders
why dont we have the 7up mercedes team. i downloaded the livery, made a cockpit, and im making a pit crew and stuff

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: April 02, 2003 10:47AM
Posted by: LarryM
Ellis: I agree. I have them in with driver names xxxx and yyyy. Until someone makes an editor for removing them.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: April 02, 2003 11:17AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
will
i am done
don,t search any more my friends
go to thise site
and see my new audi
with its own pit crew for the race and the rest of the sessions

and u can also see my 2003 pitcrews
if liked them and wanted them just tell me
www.geocities.com\majdgp4
Date: April 02, 2003 11:21AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
I put a new tem to arrows slot. The german grand prix team which will joins formula one in season 2004. Thats the team whcih bought arrows from tom walkinshaw. But it was to late to get a starting license for season 2003.

I create a new carshape, new liveries and made new team arts. Drivers are Sebastian Bourdais and the old bernoldi

So i think its half real and half fictional.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: April 02, 2003 11:25AM
Posted by: sasjag
the audi car made by me to replace the arrowes team based on the audi fictional car
made by someone who i don,t remember but thanx to him

tis me dude

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 02, 2003 11:26AM
Posted by: b-tone
i've got senna and fangio on low power.
Date: April 02, 2003 11:28AM
so thanck u very very much
do u like it
Date: April 02, 2003 11:29AM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah, tis pretty good ;)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 02, 2003 11:30AM
so if u need and files am ready

Post Edited (04-02-03 18:55)

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
-------------------------
Date: April 02, 2003 11:33AM
i need an email quick for some one who knows how to link pics to thise post
becuase the best tow pics of the whole pit crew and the inside of the audi's pit
r vaild in the site stuped me had named them with spaces
and there is no front page in the cafee net
so give an email quick to send u the pics to show them to the resr
Date: April 02, 2003 11:46AM
hey
is thise what quick means to u
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy