@Ellis, Sim, and Spike

Posted by bazza 
@Ellis, Sim, and Spike
Date: April 01, 2003 02:28AM
Posted by: bazza
I always find it funny how people say @..., it sounds like they are going to direct blame or abuse, rather than speak TO someone.

Anyway, I digress.

I was just wondering how the Corvette thing was coming on. I'm starting to have a go at modelling now, and am currently in the final stages of putting together a Fiat Cinquecento, just the mapping left to do. I thought I'd start with a small squareish car, and then build up to something more elegant.

I don't have any pics yet, because I'm at uni and am doing this instead of Java, which is pretty boring.

I might try something a bit more tough once all my exams are finished in a couple of months.

Just wondered how you were progressing?

Baz

Re: @Ellis, Sim, and Spike
Date: April 01, 2003 06:07AM
Posted by: Ellis
the car is about 99% model done, after that i send to sim, he maps it, might take a day or two, whislt hes dnig that i'll set up the emaisl and stuff

Its my fault its taking so long, havent been feeling too well recently, so not much work being done, will try to finish it later today, just a few bits to do

Again, i apologise, this is my fault its taking so long

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 01, 2003 08:13AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Fiat cinquecento??

Nice, i love that car ;)

Date: April 01, 2003 08:21AM
Posted by: sasjag
i'll map it as soon as dave sends it me btw, need a break from GT Cars

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 01, 2003 10:25AM
Posted by: andrew_S
break for gt cars?! how about this (Scratch built, still a lot of work to do)

again, im really strugling with transparencys, i need to make the cockpit windshield transparent, but i havent got a clue, also got to make the area around the ignition plugs transparent

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 01, 2003 10:31AM
I duno how do to transparecies for GP4, its a total bitch really

That car really does look amazing, and u said u got nuno helping with new Textures later?

Needs wheels and new textures, the windshield can be ignored at the moment, cos thats amazing

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 01, 2003 10:31AM
oooo...pant creamingly good, nice one (H)

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 01, 2003 10:32AM
Posted by: W@llierossi
If you rename your windscreen as "z_cockpit_visor" it should be transparent.

As to the ignition plugs.. i really don't have a clue...

You might try to have a look at the material editor in z-modeler. There you can set "type" on "testing" and black will become transperant... don't know if that will work.

Greetz

Guyon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adeus Ayrton! Valeu Campeão!"
"Goodbye Ayrton! Thanks
Champion!"

Member of gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season pack
Date: April 01, 2003 10:34AM
If you rename your windscreen as "z_cockpit_visor" it should be transparent.
As to the ignition plugs.. i really don't have a clue...

You could put the ignitatian plugs on the same layer if this idea works

Date: April 01, 2003 10:49AM
yeah good idea both, i will try that Guyoni used to use standard alpha glow transparency, as ive been using zm for different games for years now, but that doesnt seem to work in gp4 :S

i also need to add a tint to that window, anyway, i will try all that later, also got the problem of getting my own wheels in the game, which i want to remap, and the same with that helmet (i just moved the helmet and passed grass over it in that shot as can be seen, lol)

Date: April 01, 2003 10:54AM
hehe, i got transparent and tinted windows in Z-mod, but they don't work in game (i don't think)

Sim

Date: April 01, 2003 11:14AM
yes, its possable in zm by using the material editor, we dont yet know how gp4 handles it though as as all the transparency that works in other games, doesnt in gp4

Date: April 01, 2003 02:46PM
ok ive made progress

as you can see, i got the window transparency it now needs the yellow tint, which i cant get atm, but thats ok, but ive still got a problem with the plugs at the back, if anyone can help

Date: April 01, 2003 03:20PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Madmen, you're all Madmen. I wonder if Ricardo can do a "Brooklands" and we could be onto something here!!
Jackie (I think I drove that one) Stewart.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: April 02, 2003 02:34PM
well, check out all the classic stuff for Gp2, there was some amazing stuff and tracks there :)

Date: April 02, 2003 03:16PM
Posted by: Orpheus
NOOO andrew i h8 you :@ ;) i was going to secretly start a gpl project for gp4 :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 29, 2003 09:04AM
*BUMP* ;)

Post Edited (05-29-03 16:05)
Date: May 29, 2003 09:05AM
andy, i can fix the problem of the spark plugs at the back, if u want info, jsut ask and i'l psot here (me and sasjag worked this out last night)

Date: May 29, 2003 09:37AM
:| i've known how to do i for ages:|

@bazza - cars all dne and mapped and crap, we're just concentrating on the GT's atm, don't worry it is coming

and to prove it:

(i hope that's what u bumped this up for anyway ;) how's ur car coming?)

Sim

Date: May 29, 2003 09:58AM
Cheers sim, that's what I was looking for.

I kindof gave up, lol

Waiting for the full GT mod, and the Corvette mod before I start playing GP4 again

Baz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy