Which one is better?

Posted by Nick 
Which one is better?
Date: April 01, 2003 02:22AM
Posted by: Nick
Hey everyone,

I need to buy a new wheel, the one i use now Microsoft FF is on its last leg, anyone care to commnet which one of these is better

Logitech MOMO Force

or

F1 Force Feedback Racing Wheel for PC by thrustmaster..

Thanks
Re: Which one is better?
Date: April 01, 2003 02:44AM
Posted by: Schumi5
try the WINGMAN FORMULA FORCE GP i have it and it is good.
Date: April 01, 2003 06:23AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
360 modena's pretty cool

....................I quite like this now.
Date: April 01, 2003 07:25AM
Anyone else! anyone, anyone, buller.....
Date: April 01, 2003 08:12AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i have the 360 modena and its pretty good...

i dont have the one with force feedback unfortunatly but it is still good

Date: April 01, 2003 08:23AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yes i have the ferrari force feedback one and not onlyis it cheeper it has a gear nob and great force feedback (and lasts long, and feels stable and nice and comfy!) get it ;)

Date: April 01, 2003 09:23AM
Posted by: Timm
My experience with the ferrari wheels is that they play well but are of dubious build quality.

I had 2, both replacements had problems so I switched to the MS Sidewinder and had no problems since

Date: April 01, 2003 11:06AM
Posted by: Vader
Nothing beats the Logitech MOMO.

Well, sex does.

Post Edited (04-01-03 18:07)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 01, 2003 11:41AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
Have got the Ferrari GT Thrustmaster wheel - it's nice. Small, chunky rubber, good FF motor and fairly robust. Pedals are a little too horizintal.
The Momo's probably better bit more expensive at £110ish!! Whereas GT is £60ish!!

Date: April 01, 2003 01:00PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
If nothing is better than sex, and masturbation is better than nothing, then masturbation must be better then sex? :\

Date: April 01, 2003 01:42PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Chris, do you ever think of anything else?

....................I quite like this now.
Date: April 01, 2003 02:08PM
Posted by: Chunter
obviously not old enough to get any..................
Date: April 01, 2003 02:19PM
Posted by: dave
1. Momo
2. Sex
3. Masturbation

Now if only I could find some way to combine all 3.

Date: April 01, 2003 02:48PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
lol

I own the microsoft ffb usb wheel. Its good i mean. Had the momo ffb before but i was damaged after 2 month's of using :(

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: April 02, 2003 02:06AM
Thanks gentle man !
Date: April 02, 2003 02:22AM
Posted by: captainvik
I was a longtime Logi user having the LWFF (original red)

I purchased Thrustmaster's latest offering one month back....
the F1 FF Racing Wheel. It is a replica of the 2002 wheel that Schumi used.

It is bewtiful to behold, solidly built with metal shaft, aluminium levers and pedals and ball-bearing steering mechanism.

It is both smooth and precise in operation and the gas/brake pedals are extremely good much improved over the Logitech effort.

The FF at the moment is not too good but usable. There are new drivers currently in QC and due for release any day now which are reported to correct the issues with FF that people have complained about.

I think the wheel is fantastic and my GP4 times have improved immensely.

Buy it and you will understand what I am talking about. It is of very high quality and I personally think outshines the MOMO.

cheers
vik

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: April 02, 2003 04:23AM
Posted by: LarryM
I agree with Vader. The Logitech Momo is best. ........Well at my age ;)
It is sturdy and feels a bit better than the MS Sidewinder.
I keep the Sidewinder as a backup. It has never let me down. The only thing is the rubber grips are in tatters and rather slimy (unprotected sex with torn rubber- just to continue the metaphor). :)

Momo downside:

I had a replacement for the Momo, when one of the circuits for the pedals went screwy. :(

After booting you need to recalibrate the Momo. the Sidewinder's optical thing is always ready for action- no calibration needed.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 08, 2003 01:30AM
Posted by: urk10
So any new users of this wheel:

or this one:

'Cause I'm thinking about getting one of them soon.

Any report or comments would be really appreciated!

I can't make up my mind!LOL
Date: August 08, 2003 02:10AM
Posted by: LarryM
Technically similar to the more expensive momo, but plasticy. The pedals are plastic too. I would stick with the my momo ff, the leather seems hard-wering like the rest. The aluminium pedals also are very sturdy and stay pretty well in place. Someone did a comaprison, I can't find it now. But they took both wheels to pieces and examined thoroughly. They came down infavour of the sturdier momo model for those who do alot of serious driving daily.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 08, 2003 02:13AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
THE ferrari one is so ugly :\ i dont like the feel of it in my hands, (it was on display) but it was all alluminium wich did feel nice, but i just didnt like it

i like the logitech MOMO. the gear levers behind the wheel seem a bit wierd to me on the MOMO but it would only take some getting used to i would say :) and it did feel nice to turn (once again on display i want to buy though)

this is being compared to my 360 modena wich is dull and nearly dead i had to remove the accelerator levers under the gear leavers coz it was makin my car understeer... ie always a little accelerating, dont know why it did that, but since i removed them and removed the wires its all good

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy