How do you map tex files?

Posted by John52 
How do you map tex files?
Date: March 27, 2003 01:50PM
Posted by: John52
Been developing some liveries, but it is pretty much trial and error re: mapping an area in the tga file to the carshape. I am using GPmaster and Zmodeler. I can import the carshape and apply the tga files to the shape but cannot find anything that would point me to specific coordinates. e.g.
the coordinates where the suspension colour comes from.

Is there another utility required to identify what part of the car is mapped to an area in the tex/tga file? Or am I missing something in Zmodeler?
Re: How do you map tex files?
Date: March 27, 2003 02:23PM
Posted by: Chunter
yea i want to know more about this subject as well
Re: How do you map tex files?
Date: March 27, 2003 02:59PM
Posted by: Madman271
If you mean this is texture coordinates, the TC indices is stored in *.GP4 file as well as the vertices coordinates. This file contains 1 vertex (XYZ), 1 normals (XYZ), and 8 texcoords (XY) for single points. Why it has up to 8 texcoords because a mesh can be drawn with more than 1 texture (called MultiTexture in DirectX). These textures can be used as ligth mapping, env. mapping, etc as well as base texture.

Ch88rs,
Madman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy