Wet Races

Posted by rayg 
Wet Races
Date: March 25, 2003 03:49AM
Posted by: rayg
Hi,

I've gone throught the old topics on this subject but could'nt find a solution!.

Does anyone know of a way to "UP" the grip when it rains, I would like to do some more wet races but the car is way to twitchy in the wet for me to drive and everyone else goes a lot quicker!

Cheers

Ray
Re: Wet Races
Date: March 25, 2003 04:10AM
Posted by: Ellis
raise the wing? :P

theres no way to do the wet weather only :(

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 25, 2003 05:02AM
Posted by: marcl
I can not drive in the wet either on GP4 I could in GP3 and 2.

I just end up sliding all over the place when accel or breaking. I have tried many different setups but can not do it.

Its a shame as the best race i ever had was when it got wet half way through a race on Gp3 then dried, I wish I saved that race. I Got hit on the 1st lap in Italy and was last. Started to make my way up the field got to 10th and it was raining so I stopped for tyres, with 15 laps left the track started to dry so I stopped for dry tyres and took a risk, I was then lapping 10 secs faster than anyone but was in 15th. The rest of the field stopped and I was in 5th. With 5 laps to go I was in 2nd 3 secs behind DC. I cought him and passed him on the last lap.
Date: March 25, 2003 12:33PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Set your controller more sensible in controller menu and you'll wonder how it works.

Also set brakes to front, change gears earlier if accelerating.

And also - use the right tyres. Monsun or soft wet tyres are often not the best. Test it during testing sessions.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: March 25, 2003 12:43PM
Posted by: Pooky
i have a problem when i start a race with my dry setup and the track is a bit damp.

everyone else is flying and i really struggle. then as soon as it drys out i start becoming more competitive again.

i am just crap in 'interchangeable' conditions. i am ok in full wet and good in full dry but not interchangeable conditions

now i can trully appreciate schumachers skill on different track grip levels etc.

Date: March 25, 2003 01:20PM
Posted by: MViper
For me the most annoying in wet weather is drying out.. Let's say the track is wet for monsoon or soft wet tyre compound.. But when it starts drying out, the ideal line is pretty "clean" and i'm pushing to the limits, the car is sliding all over the place, coz if u miss ideal line a bit you're almost out.. So, the most annoying is that computer is driving like it's all dried out.. And they're making 2-3 second faster laps than me..

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: March 26, 2003 06:11AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
ur bloody wrong about it
its not that hard of the rain
the ugly thing is u can,t make smart desigons in the game
other drivers allways have the perfect set of tyres
and no one make mistakes choosing them
Date: March 26, 2003 06:12AM
ur bloody wrong about it
its not that hard of the rain
the ugly thing is u can,t make smart desigons in the game
other drivers allways have the perfect set of tyres
and no one make mistakes choosing them
Date: March 26, 2003 06:22AM
and why all the drivers have th same pit startegy
Date: March 26, 2003 04:27PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
strategies can set with pit&lap editor made by alessandro carerra.

You have simple to choose the right setup to go faster.

Be sure ride height is high enough or your getting trouble.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy