HRT F112 - Released.

Posted by RSCT 
Re: HRT F112 - Released.
Date: May 23, 2012 01:04AM
Posted by: ramf1v
Ha ha , thx, I'm distracted by your car now, I think they go well together........ tweak render, tweak render, tweak render, tweak render, tweak render, tweak render. ;) I'll try to get something reasonable tonight.

F1Dev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2012 01:06AM by ramf1v.
Date: May 23, 2012 01:49AM
Right I have to get on with modelling, but this is the best I can do so far with my limited rendering patience, but it is getting better. :-)
Superb car , nearly as good as the W03 ;-)

F1Dev
Date: May 23, 2012 04:33AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
WoW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: May 23, 2012 08:15PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Really nice render, Ramf1v! the "gold colour" is better on this one! But me, I am focused on your telemetry stand! ;) Very nice details! (Y)

About the HRT, I will update the textures soon! ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: May 23, 2012 10:56PM
Yeah thx, but I'm exposing my limited knowledge of advanced materials, I've been trying to separate the red, white, gold, and especially carbon fibre into different channels using masks as they all have different reflectivity and different noise/bump maps, but couldn't figure it out before I lost patience ;-), I'm just the kind of guy who needs a network of 8 core machines for rendering, I'm stuck on a quad core laptop.
I just re-did the wheels and added some blurry reflection to the car, the exhaust and carbon fibre look crap with all that glossiness.
Look forward to the new textures, I noticed differences when researching the paint.
I found a de la rosa helmet texture so that will be added soon too.

F1Dev
Date: May 23, 2012 11:02PM
To me, your render is fantastic! (Y) Congrats! I really like it! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: May 23, 2012 11:58PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Wow! :O
Date: May 24, 2012 12:05PM
This is what I meant about transitions, the white paint is less reflective, and the red paint has slightly les blurry reflections. (I think I've nailed the method in Max)
My only problem is I don't have tablet so masking out the paint sections is tricky.

If there are any model updates planned, I'd love to see 3d exhaust pods & tail vents,

and I noticed the mirror shape was very different (not sure if this changes from race to race)

Sorry but can't help noticing the small details, it's a habit of mine ;)

F1Dev
Date: May 24, 2012 12:47PM
Thanks for the informations ;) I still have pictures of the modifications and all that you noticed will be modified into a next version ;-)
If I have got some time to spent, I will modify the shape for the exhausts ;-) But it will be only textures updates first.....

Date: May 24, 2012 08:42PM
Cool, I appreciate the time it takes. I'm leaving the rendering for now it wears me out (patience), and the work involved pulling all the different colours and masks out on to separate layers is to much for a thanks-for-the-car-here's-how-good-it-looks render ;-)

F1Dev
Date: May 24, 2012 10:27PM
It is nice from you to make a render of this HRT, yet! I consider it like a nice gift and it will have a place into my "best GP4 2012 pictures " . So Thanks-for the time-spent- to highlight this car_ with a great_render! (Y) ;-)
Next time you want to make a render, ask me the original psd file by pm, maybe it would be easier and with a better quality for you to use them than the tga files converted from tex files. ;-)

Date: May 25, 2012 12:46AM
PSD certainly would make a difference thanks, I will take you up on that offer (Y) It would make things much easier.

What I ended up doing was breaking up the mesh and applying the same texture to different parts of the mesh with different settings, much easier than pissing about with over convoluted layered materials.
I managed to isolate the carbon parts pretty well and the renders have improved again, but still need some tweaking....let me perfect it before you place it in your "Best Of" Gallery ;-)
I'm breaking out Vray tomorrow, as I usually only use finalrender for fast previews of my work.

F1Dev
HRT F112 - Released.
Date: May 26, 2012 09:47AM
Posted by: alexf1man
ramf1v Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed the mirror shape was very different
> (not sure if this changes from race to race)
>
> [img406.imageshack.us] [img411.imageshack.us]

---

This page should help with the Cristalbox logo (PM me if you would like the vector version)
Date: May 26, 2012 10:49AM
I'm working on more accurate rims and wheel nuts too, lets pimp this baby :-)

F1Dev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy