The Finger of the Season..... Fantastic Seb !! Brilliant Drive!

Posted by hasbriale 
I think those fingers could be Two J (Jenson and Jessica) mirrored, united as a W for win...

____
SchueyFan
Having said that, if you didn't want to know the result, I think it's extremely risky to go to any site even remotely related to F1 or motorsports.

Icing on the cake............. (Y)

2010: Alistair Griffin - Just Drive

2011: Chipmunk (Feat. Chris Brown) - Champion

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 08:58PM by hasbriale.
Re: Vettel the "Weltmeister" 2011, Congratulations!!!
Date: October 12, 2011 09:17PM
Posted by: Morbid
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Having said that, if you didn't want to know the
> result, I think it's extremely risky to go to any
> site even remotely related to F1 or motorsports.

This site has had the same spoiler policy for over 5 years. It has been stickied in the F1 section all this time. If you haven't seen it, then you are ready for the "moron of the year" award. If you don't agree with it, I suggest you disable your account. If you want to change it, you better have some serious talks with the people who run this site. If you cannot deal with any of these points, then stop spamming.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 12, 2011 09:27PM
Posted by: andreigp4
Cool down Morbid! (B)

____
Damn It !!! (N)(N)(N)

Vettel made more than "1" point this year to win the 2011 championship...

Still.............

Finally !!

Chipmunk - Champion !!
I’m always pushing myself to the limit
Making sure I stay ahead
You made me who I am, from the words you said

Some people have to learn
Some people wait there turn
Some people but not me
I was born a champion

Some people have to fight
Some people give their lives
Some people don’t believe
I was born a champion
But I was born a champion
But I was born a champion

Mortal: Can we lock this thread...? Thanks to Morons!!
Start editing the 2012 video hasbriale, we will see more of the same!

____
Date: October 12, 2011 11:32PM
andreigp4 Wrote:
> Cool down Morbid! (B)

This conversation was taken 5,5-6 years ago. I know because I was the one that took it, formulated and wrote the forum policy on this issue. You will always have the camp that wants to post about everything now, and you have the camp that do not want spoilers. For the sake of the longevity of this forum (which is not EXCLUSIVELY an F1 forum), the choice between the two camps was made. That choice has not been overturned. What SchueyFan wrote was an exact repetition of what was said and ended 5,5 years ago and thus worthless.

I don't have the time or patience for people who are so narcissistic, that they cannot acknowledge the fact that they are not the first people to walk on God's green Earth. We cannot renegotiate every rule and custom each time some clueless halfwit shows up and finds that they don't agree with things. He has been here for 7 years, so he should know better. You should know better. If he wants to make a change (which granted, sometimes is sorely needed so we can get rid of the rule of the old farts like me), then he should go do the work that is required to make a positive contribution. Being a cock to the people who point out that a violation of what has been agreed is the common good for all doesn't help anyone. It is just adding abuse to violation.

And for the record, you are danm is right, and LeeBeau and Schueyfan are clueless = You are in direct violation of forum policy!

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Date: October 12, 2011 11:52PM
Posted by: LeeBeau
Morbid Wrote:

>
> And for the record, you are danm is right, and
> LeeBeau and Schueyfan are clueless = You are in
> direct violation of forum policy!
>
> [www.grandprixgames.org]

Oh mate, just read the first 4 words of my post. Everyone hates spoilers, I agreed with danm's post..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 11:56PM by LeeBeau.
Date: October 13, 2011 12:42AM
LeeBeau Wrote:
> Oh mate, just read the first 4 words of my post.
> Everyone hates spoilers, I agreed with danm's
> post..

... and you still managed to defend the current behaviour, which is violation of the forum rules. Sorry to disappoint you, but this isn't a mistake on my part. I got it right, and you got it wrong.

Date: October 13, 2011 01:11PM
Posted by: LeeBeau
Morbid Wrote:
> I got it right, and you got it wrong.

That's an interesting turn of events. Morbid, I love you more than Vettel loves giving the finger.

So, the title of the topic should remain the same and spoilers ftw? (not that I really care that much)

Anyway, what do you guys see happening in these remaining races? Will Vettel benefit even more from having the pressure off him? Or will RBR put their bets on Webber?
Date: October 13, 2011 01:35PM
LeeBeau Wrote:
> Morbid Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I got it right, and you got it wrong.
>
> That's an interesting turn of events. Morbid, I
> love you more than Vettel loves giving the
> finger.

Easy now, or my GF will hear you ;-)

> So, the title of the topic should remain the same
> and spoilers ftw? (not that I really care that
> much)

No, not really. It is probably too late now, so it is a mute point to change the title. Although that was really all that was needed. A different of title with a spoiler warning, lasting till the Korean GP, would have been more than enough. It is hardly a great nuisance, so it is difficult to see why it is perceived as such a big issue. It is not like people are required to sacrifice their first-born child.

In any case, thread back on topic would be preferable.

Date: October 14, 2011 09:45AM
Posted by: mortal
I wont lock this topic, and Morbid is quite right, we introduced the spoiler policy for the benefit of everyone. It's not too hard to edit your post if you are going to remark on recent results. There are a lot of other discussions going on in forum so a *spoiler* alert is easy to put in place. We all want to be the first to post news as it happens however it can be seen as a spoiler.
Due to the fact that the majority of the races are in the northern hemisphere and staying up till all hours of the night isn't an option, I record those races and watch them evening after. I keep the radio off, not that we get any news unless Mark Webber crashes or wins, so then I can view the race without knowing the end result. It matters little that the race is over, some of us may not have seen it yet.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2011 09:49AM by mortal.
Date: October 14, 2011 10:50AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Morbid Wrote:
> This site has had the same spoiler policy for over
> 5 years. It has been stickied in the F1 section
> all this time. If you haven't seen it, then you
> are ready for the "moron of the year" award. If
> you don't agree with it, I suggest you disable
> your account. If you want to change it, you better
> have some serious talks with the people who run
> this site. If you cannot deal with any of these
> points, then stop spamming.

So I am not allowed to post an opinion that goes against site policy? This is a community-based website not an authoritarian regime.

I never even said that we should all openly post spoilers or anything, just that it's a risk to go to a motorsports site if you want to avoid spoilers, which is undoubtably true, and I've been caught out by it before.

And anyway, if you want to vent some anger, it should be directed towards the person who posted the spoilers, not me.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 14, 2011 12:41PM
SchueyFan Wrote:
> So I am not allowed to post an opinion that goes
> against site policy? This is a community-based
> website not an authoritarian regime.

Morbid Wrote:
> If you want to change it, you better
> have some serious talks with the people who run
> this site. If you cannot deal with any of these
> points, then stop spamming.

Date: October 14, 2011 01:24PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
But I don't want it changed, and never directly criticised the policy...

X (@ed24f1)
There are arguments for and against spoilers. Generally I manage to avoid Internets that would spoil a result for me because I know to stay clear, ultimately I know if I'm surfing the web and inadvertently see the result I only really have myself to blame.

In more recent times results have been spoilt for outside of web & media, if I'm at work during the race then there's usually some halfwit who manages to spoil it for me, they don't get the concept of not wanting to know results before you watch it so they never take the trouble to refrain from talking about it in front of me which is annoying.

The most recent spoiler for me is when I accidentally had live timing notifications switched on for my iPad = big mistake <M>.

I certainly have no problems with a spoiler policy, I've accidentally infringed it myself on ocassion but that's only my fault.

For the benefit of "THOSE" who want to Watch Korean GP at ease ... whatever that is.... (N)
Can we stop the arguments now? I understand the common sense that involves not going on F1 related websites if you don't want to know a result, but if you came on the site to look at, say, the GP4 topics and you click on something on the premise of 'ooh, that looks interesting' with spoilers that are unmarked then that's just well, spoiled it.

Let's leave it now, and see some goddamn Vettel finger-based action. (but not in THAT way.)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2011 10:51PM by Incident 2k9.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy