> Ah yes, but he was on the hard tyres. I was
> surprised to see him pit for the softs (and then
> straight back to the hards) - I'd expected him to
> try a Kobayashi and make the hards last until late
> on. He was never going to get anything from
> pitting as he would be last, on the same strategy
> and with a slow car.

i think they pitted for the soft ones as a strategic move
do one lap on them and as he was already lost on positions "what the hell, let's put the hard ones and finish with them" he was not braking the rules, he already done a lap in the soft ones and there was no way the soft ones would've lasted untilt the end

what hurt him badly was the red light... it so happens that everything seems to go against him. Mrecedez also didn't make the right call by pitting him.. it woukld've been better to let him out as Kobayashi did, but they call him late and that cost him a lot as well

i can see why people seem to think Michael is not perofrming well. but i see him doing very good, expect for qualy's it seems to be where he's loosing compared to nico, except for that in the race he performs well, and since Australia he alwasy makes places at the starts, ALWAYS... in fact before sector 1 of first lap he had switched places with Nico, being 11 and Nico back in 14.. the main problem is everything seems to go against him (i think i heard in the radio that he had power steering problems? in qualy?). another problem is it seems Renault have now overtaken them,so it won't be easy.. they've been faster in race but slower in Qualy, now it seems Renault are faster in qualy.. so...

the other dirver i wish sorts out Qualys is Jenson... he performs really well in races and despite starting several places behind he ends right behind Lewis somehow

i hope for Silverstone they both start on the front row on whatever order.. just to see some sparkling battle for the win!

about the ALonso thing... well i can see why he's upset, in a way they're right... they respected the rules and suffer doing it, whereas Lewis broke them and gain valuable points on him, but as everyone's mentioned, is not Lewis's fault the stewards where very incompetent

about Lewis response... is just feeding the media for his home gp, he knows they love that battle between those two, so i wasn't surprised at all
And now, Let's hear some good manners from Fernando Alonso [www.autosport.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 02:57AM by RebelWithoutaCause.
Yes alonso has now had time to reflect on it all, good on him tbh for coming forward to do that.

The problem is though he did let it ruin his race a the time, maybe that is an area he needs to work on. He did show a big flaw on Sunday and that is not the 1st time, I do not blame him for being angry though.

I really wish I could find the on board that shows just how far back alonso was going on to the start straight.

What I find really funny was the BBC pre race build up talking about the GPS and the information and how easy it is now to see what everyone is doing etc. FAIL lol.
marcl
I really wish I could find the on board that shows just how far back alonso was going on to the start straight.

Cheers :)

He was not as far back as I thought he was tbh.

How the hell could alonso see that Lewis passed the car after the line? I could not see it from his in car cam.
Lewis saying he didn't saw the safety car and all was just plain lying eh?...
marcl
How the hell could alonso see that Lewis passed the car after the line? I could not see it from his in car cam.

Interlacing would make it very difficult to make out such a line from a camera shot. It would be much easier with the naked eye.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy