Button says wins are possible in '09

Posted by danm 
Re: Button says wins are possible in '09
Date: November 29, 2008 12:48AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Its true in many respects that there wasnt alot of improvement, maybe not that drastic, but you can see that 4 teams won races this year, a little extra performance from Honda will bring them past TR, Toyota etc, make them equal with Red Bull, maybe even Renault and BMW, thus in the area to be getting podiums

Date: November 29, 2008 04:42AM
Posted by: Guimengo
a lot more performance from Honda. No way they can pass TR and Toyota. Maybe match Red Bull but that's a long shot
Date: November 29, 2008 05:47AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Cant see TR being as strong next year, Red Bull will have most of the funding from the sponsors, Toyota i am not sure either, but with their vast funding i cant see them going anywhere but up - like Honda

Date: November 29, 2008 09:19AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Hmmm, am I the only one not laughing about this? For once I take Button seriously :P

Date: November 29, 2008 11:49PM
Posted by: danm
i think people are forgetting the heap of crap benetton/renault was in 2002/2003 when things suddenly started getting better. and we all know what happened in 05/06.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 30, 2008 06:44AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
again, they weren't that crap really

they finished 4th both years, and even scored a win and 5 podiums in '03.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 30, 2008 08:05AM
Their 2003 car was the turnaround point, but looking at their design they followed a nice progression over the years, an evolution of the design. Honda tries revolutions.
Date: November 30, 2008 02:00PM
Posted by: Frantic
in 1999/2000/2001/2002 and even 2003 bar was crap, suddenly in 2004 button had about 10 podiums

Date: November 30, 2008 02:31PM
Posted by: danm
exactly, and when you see thag sort of climb and change, it makes you think with these new rules, someone like toyota or honda and the kers (IF kers provides a big enough jump in advantage) could slingshot these teams forward, even if just for a short while when everyone else plays catchup.

honda still need to make a good car though, kers alone won't save them. i have faith in brawns input, and i think the real fruits of it will begin to show to the mid half of 2009.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 30, 2008 08:50PM
2003 BAR wasn't bad, just unreliable. I was there when Button was in 2nd place in Indianapolis and retired with an engine failure
Date: December 05, 2008 09:29AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
Jenson Button believes Honda's 2009 machine will be quick enough to allow him to fight for podiums again, and perhaps even another race victory

Quick enough to announce their retirement from Formula One, perhaps?

Date: December 05, 2008 11:42AM
Posted by: SAMF1
it not possible anymore

Date: December 05, 2008 04:42PM
Posted by: sasjag
i can see him winning a couple of races in the BTCC this year ;)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: December 05, 2008 07:38PM
Posted by: chet
He'll have no chance against Matt Jackson ;)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy