BBC Team REVEALED!

Posted by Peat 
Re: BBC Team REVEALED!
Date: September 29, 2008 08:01PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Slightly sad to lose Steve Rider - he is a genuine F1 fan, presented the coverage when it was with the BBC before. Don't forget, ultimately, he says what ITV want him to say, because viewers=money for them. Was he on the BBC, I think we'd see a more intelligent analysis from him.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: September 29, 2008 08:07PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Whilst ITV may chose the topic, I doubt they script the entire thing that Rider has to say. He's added nothing to the coverage at all other than padding it out by asking Mark Blundell questions which aren't really questions.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 29, 2008 08:47PM
Posted by: BAR#10

Does anyone know from what TV does this Monaco 2008 Ben Edwards commentary come from?

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: September 29, 2008 08:49PM
Posted by: Peat
Its what they use in the cinemas.

Date: September 29, 2008 08:52PM
Yes, I ve read now it's F1 in Cinema feed.
But what is that exactly?
You actually go to the cinema? Never heard of this before, when it comes to F1.

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: September 29, 2008 08:52PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Very happy with every one of the choices. The BBC have listened to the fans, that's a very good sign :D

I'm going to admit that in summer 2007 I used to watch Sportsround on CBBC ;) Jake Humphrey was presenting, and I remember being very impressed with him. I'm sure that you'll all like him, he's a good, genuine presenter.

It'll be nice to have different reporters and presenters, even if some of the ones we have currently are good (Ted Kravitz). It'll make the coverage seem fresh, and we can trust the BBC to make some good choices. Maybe with a different commentator alongside him, Brundle will have a re-ignited passion in his commentating?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: September 29, 2008 08:53PM
Posted by: mikef1
It is a shame that Ben Edwards isn't going to replace James Allen as he is my current favourite motor sports commentator.
Date: September 29, 2008 09:34PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
yup, ben edwards could have been better.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 29, 2008 10:20PM

another example of current Ben Edwards stuff.
And I like his F1 DVD commentary contributions too, very funny at times.

GPGSL career;
Date: September 29, 2008 11:20PM
Posted by: Red Sam
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whilst ITV may chose the topic, I doubt they
> script the entire thing that Rider has to say.
> He's added nothing to the coverage at all other
> than padding it out by asking Mark Blundell
> questions which aren't really questions.

Yeah - although I still think he has been better than Rosenthal :P

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: September 30, 2008 12:01AM
Posted by: marcl
Rider used to be fine on bbc years ago i remember his interview with senna well in 1990.

And he done well at imola 1994.

I think ITV have wasted him tbh.
Date: September 30, 2008 12:59AM
Posted by: LS.
BBC's Moto gp coverage is pretty poor, from what i've read in F1Racing the only thing to look forward to is the Digital aspect of it.

Hopefully there will be a build up prior to the race, unlike the old BBC coverage of F1.

Like it or not ITV set the benchmark for F1 items ( behind the scenes stuff particually with Brundles insights etc.) If BBC dont follow suit i can forsee alot of complaints.

Just looking at BBC's coverage of the football compared to Sky doesnt give me confidence personally

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 01:00AM by LS..
Date: September 30, 2008 09:23AM
Posted by: Peat
To be honest, i can easily do without an hours build-up. 20mins max is the way forward. I actually like the motogp coverage, no fluff, just good solid coverage without too much sensationalism.

Date: September 30, 2008 10:03AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Judging by ITVs build up since....day 1...I don't really want a pre-race. Before Lewis it was filled with garbage like Fisichella cooking. After Lewis, we haven't seen anything but Lewis. If they improve the commentary, that's fine with me. Given they have a studio team, I imagine there will be some sort of build up.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 30, 2008 10:14AM
Posted by: J i m
I think before we all get too excited or disappointed with this lineup, we ought to wait for official confirmation from the BBC.

For example Coulthard is set to do some kind of consultant role for RBR and will still be travelling to the races next year, somehow I do not see how this tallies with him being in some BBC studio in London.
Date: September 30, 2008 10:20AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Same here, I get very bored of the pre-race buildup, as long as they have the pitwalk (which seen as in MotoGP they have one so they probably will) I'm happy! I would have preferred a few more pundits than just Coulthard, bit like BBC's football, because from what I've seen on things like A1GP and Nascar on Sky only having one pundit and a presenter in a studio gets boring very quickly! :(

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 30, 2008 12:16PM
Posted by: gav
The gridwalk, good as Martin's wit is, is struggling. Of the current drivers, barely any of them talk to him now, so you end up with the same old. Bernie, some guy promoting the event/prime minister/king/'celebrity', Ross Brawn or someone, then some silly blonde.

If that's how it's going to continue, they might as well stop it. Then again, perhaps without the structure of adverts, they could get him on the grid sooner, and drivers might be less reluctant.

@LS: yes, ITV raised the bar from the BBC by miles, but look back the past year or 2. We've had the 60 years of Silverstone thing, and other than that... I'm struggling to remember anything decent. I don't want to see Trulli's vineyards or Heikki cooking some meal.

30mins build-up is plenty. That'll give enough time for some banter, weekend gossip and form/qualifying, a (at least semi-interesting) feature, grid-walk or something and then into the 5minute countdown.
Date: September 30, 2008 01:50PM
Posted by: marcl
As much as people rave about Ben Edwards I have to say I never liked him. He used to be on F1 digital with John Watson and just anoyed me as much as James Allen did.

He does know his stuff etc but his voice just gets to me.

I used to watch the studio view so I did not have to listen to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 01:51PM by marcl.
Date: September 30, 2008 02:09PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The gridwalk, good as Martin's wit is, is
> struggling. Of the current drivers, barely any of
> them talk to him now, so you end up with the same
> old. Bernie, some guy promoting the event/prime
> minister/king/'celebrity', Ross Brawn or someone,
> then some silly blonde.

This is what I don't get, BTCC have no problems, MotoGP has no problems, Nascar has no problems, A1GP has no problems, basically every other motorsport seems to have no problems, so why the bloody hell should F1 have such a problem with just getting a simple interview with a driver on the grid :@

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 30, 2008 05:38PM
Posted by: jbnd05
I like the lineup, and I don't think Jake Humphrey is that bad. Anyway, if it's anything like the Olympics, he just does links between sporting events, saying what's on when etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy