Re: Ferrari testing new nose!
Date: April 17, 2008 06:27PM
Posted by: bestobritish
^ thats just beautiful :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: April 17, 2008 06:39PM
Posted by: IWE
Yep, nice! Current cars would be maybe bestlooking open-wheel racing cars ever without all mess..

Btw, looks familiar. I was just too lazy/in the hurry to remove barge boards, but this I posted to other topic 2 days ago: [img180.imageshack.us] ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 17, 2008 07:12PM
Posted by: Monza972
I like the weird dangly pieces on the car. its going to be sad to see them go :(
Date: April 17, 2008 07:15PM
Posted by: Nickv
NO IT IS NOT

I hope I have been clear.
Date: April 17, 2008 07:57PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
No, you might want to make the text a bit bigger there nick.
Date: April 17, 2008 08:08PM
The forum refuses to do so.
Date: April 17, 2008 08:15PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Nickv schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NO IT IS NOT
>
> I hope I have been clear.

its an opinion sonic :P
I think the perfect balance between wings would be good, some, but not to many.

Date: April 17, 2008 08:18PM
And that's what's going to happen, Dr. Robotnik. Some wings: a front wing and a rear wing.
Date: April 17, 2008 08:31PM
Posted by: chet
I dont like the all the little flicks and tricks theses cars have but I do LOVE the detail! I appreciate these cars for being on the very limit of nature in almost every possible way. I like the idea of the smallest adjustments to a wing to make a huge difference.

But I more like the idea of cleaner cars providing better racing, and they do look better.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 17, 2008 08:49PM
Posted by: Craigo
I wasnt so against it untill last and this season where its got so stupid with all these silly wings and engine covers. we need like 98 to 2003 sorta aero I think...actually I couldnt care less what they do

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2008 08:49PM by Craigo.
Date: April 17, 2008 09:08PM
Posted by: Imran
"I appreciate these cars for being on the very limit of nature in almost every possible way"

What the hell does that mean?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: April 17, 2008 09:21PM
Well I like to think of these cars being on the edge of defying physics... being able to drive upside down on the roof of a tunnel.. i guess you could say it sh*ts all over gravity :p

it was an overstatment, but meant like one.

Date: April 17, 2008 09:32PM
Posted by: gav
I think planes are a little more impressive Chet. They do the upside down thing for routinely. ;-)

I know where you're coming from, but for me there's more beauty in having 1 lump being so efficient than having that lump then tweaking/correcting it by bolting some bits to it.
Date: April 17, 2008 10:28PM
I guess so, but its that tweaking and bolting things on that impress me.

with aircraft there are too many compramises. they could be so much more impressive, but man becomes the limiting factor.

passenger aircraft are full of compramises. to answer the what if questions.

An f1 car does have compramises, but for something that is built for a set form of regulations they are unbeatable in almost everyway. if that makes sense lol. basically the answer to a what if question in f1 is a failure or a crash.

Date: April 17, 2008 10:36PM
Posted by: Paco
don't you mean 'compromises', chet? :P

I'm against sigpics
Date: April 18, 2008 01:11AM
Posted by: Guimengo
A message for all you teenagers and other youngsters who feel like commenting on aero devices like winglets and fins:

STOP!

You guys clearly don't know F1 and the history and are not qualified to make comments on what is good and what would be better because whoever likes those wings is dellusional, the same way these complex helmet designs that look all the same are "cool" (they're not, maybe 3 or 4 in the grid is acceptable but F1 is not MotoGP ;)). Thanks :p.
Date: April 18, 2008 01:25AM
Posted by: Slash
no offence, but who are you to be right?
Date: April 18, 2008 03:56AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I have to agree. All these fins and crap on the cars really make racing crap. If you take a moment to think, you'll see that the best races of the last 3 seasons were always where there was either rain, tons of accidents, or front cars climbing the order. On regular conditions the races are extremely predictable. It's ridiculous to see a McLaren having trouble to pass a Force India these days. We definitely need to lose some aero downforce and have the grip be mechanical, otherwise it'll be only downhill from here. My hope is that now that Mosley is probably getting the boot, we can get someone in his place that is a bit let shortsighted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy