Re: Red Bull RB4
Date: January 16, 2008 05:58PM
Posted by: Monza972
Ay Ay Ay!

That team's engine and gear box are cursed or something
Date: January 16, 2008 07:54PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
on first sight i couldn't see many massive changes but looking at it on track it is quite different.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: January 17, 2008 01:52AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Looks like last years car, with some F2007 (chimneys and sidepod winglets) wnet back to the old RB3 mirrors, and the frontwing looks like the RB2 with alot less center dip.
Date: January 17, 2008 02:04AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
It's the first complete Newey design for RBR. This one is his from nose to tail, and designed specifically around the Renault powerplant. He came on too late to alter last years machine substantially.

BTW, from this view the car looks very different to me, especially around the sidepod intakes:

And regarding Webber, how much longer before he winds up in V8 Supercars or DTM like Ralf? ;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: January 17, 2008 02:33AM
Posted by: gareth
Sexy car

Re Webber: To be fair- it seems when he's in a decent position the car generally blows up. He had it at Jag, Williams and at RBR. Undoubtedly qualy is his strength but he has put in some great drives that have gone unrewarded. He's also made mistakes too though.

Hopefully the RB4 will be bullet proof and he's regularly in the points, and might even sneak a podium or two!

But to answer your question- I reckon he'll be in an HRT Commodore by 2012 ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2008 02:35AM by gareth.
Date: January 17, 2008 04:26AM
Posted by: MrMan
Webber's done a good job at any team he's been at, just he's always been plagued with bad luck, Klien was the same before him.

I really do hope this car is a good one. This team hasn't had a good car since Stewart really, they've never reached the same heights.

Date: January 17, 2008 07:33AM
Posted by: casabonka
Webbers prob is he is impatient! Us bloody Aussies are always like that! haha
He needs to stay at RB, even if they have another @#$%& year, he needs to work with the team and developing the car... Ferrari in 94-95-96 werent too crash, but Schumi made it work. Im not saying Webber is Schumi quality, but they could be in a good pos come 09-2010.

And I hope he retires completely before going to V8's.. what an upsetting moment that'd be.
Date: January 17, 2008 09:58AM
Posted by: torana_05
thats probably the best lloking car this year and probably the last few years since the 04 williams and 04 mclaren. lets hope they get reliable this year.
Webber for the championship. :)

Date: January 17, 2008 12:25PM
Posted by: Dahie
btw, when will Toro Rosso be presented?

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: January 17, 2008 12:29PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
When the European part of the season kicks off Toro Rosso will get their car.
Date: January 17, 2008 12:42PM
Posted by: casabonka
Torro Rosso surely will launch their car (livery) b4 the season.. I hope they are quiet diff than the last 2 years, as with Reb Bull they can do so much with the paint!
Date: February 01, 2008 12:23PM
Posted by: chet
haha to join the crazy engine cover cars is now the redbull rb4.

[f1.gpupdate.net]

edit - looks pretty cool, like a dorsal fin, but upside down lol also wonder how it will perform in cross winds lol!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 12:26PM by chet.
Date: February 01, 2008 01:44PM
Posted by: gav
//edit: nevermind, posted in the testing thread instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 01:44PM by gav.
Date: February 01, 2008 06:10PM
Posted by: james84
Horrible, isn't it? This stuff seems to give the caar more stability while braking... but it's not very nice to see!
Date: February 01, 2008 07:46PM
Posted by: Team CLR
I like the F1.com caption for their article on that engine cover, "Red Bull gives you fins".

Date: February 01, 2008 09:50PM
Date: February 01, 2008 09:52PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Enzo
Am I the only one, or...? I think it looks awesome!!
Date: February 01, 2008 09:55PM
Date: February 02, 2008 12:01PM
Posted by: brunoboi
I really like it! and I hope it works, though tht times didnt look massively different

Date: February 02, 2008 02:46PM
Posted by: MarcA
Looks like the back end of the fecking Titanic!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy