Ferrari 2008

Posted by berst 
Re: Ferrari 2008
Date: January 09, 2008 05:40PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Woah nice. If that is indeed what it looks like, then its good to see something new.

Date: January 09, 2008 05:40PM
Posted by: MarcA
Looks pretty clever actually, surely it would plant water from a car infront sraight into the face of the driver though?

Date: January 09, 2008 05:46PM
Posted by: gav
No real idea (or I'd be designing F1 cars right about now), but as a guess I'd imagine the front-wing 'struts' (there's another word I'm looking for that escapes me) will extend backwards to act as a sort turning-vane further forward of the normal ones. I can't imagine the 'vents' will be on the upper-side of the nose, or an internal vent or anything.

That said, if its plural we could have a front nose-cone divided into 2 to guide air straight down either side of the car, forcing it straight at the bargeboards, rather than suggesting it. Can't imagine it would hamper the back draft from the front wing at all either. Hard to picture how it would look in my head though - without the chassis being changed it would have to be quite a substantial change of air direction, unless the nose itself came forward of the front wing. Then there's the suspension, which wouldn't allow a tight fit around the struts and steering arm, and so the vent theory wouldn't be as efficient as the theory might suggest.

Given the level of change and complications involved in my 2nd idea, I'm going with my first guess.

Of course, it might just be a nose with a couple of straight little vertical slats in order to direct air - a small teeny version of theory 1, kind of like they sometimes have on the rear wing and underside of the front wing to keep the air flow straight and clean.

//edit: Nick's image, I'm struggling in my head to work out the purpose of that, but one I can imagine is that it would improve the efficiency of the centre of the front wing immensely - it would almost act as a rear wing, and might include the centre part being extended upwards at the rear. Not convinced it wouldn't destroy the air flow towards the bargeboards and under the car though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2008 05:51PM by gav.
Date: January 09, 2008 06:31PM
Posted by: chet
kaid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @nickv
>
> just took a look on the net and people believe it
> will look like this
>
> [img267.imageshack.us]
>
> [img511.imageshack.us]
> f

The idea and the author should be credited ...

You would have all seen his works about the net and maybe some magazines...

[www.f1technical.net]

There is no relation to the idea and the possibility of Ferraris solution. The idea was bought about way before, and after reading rumours of .

edit - in that thread this is a nice quote from Patrick...

WilliamsF1 now employs more than 500 people at their state-of-the-art factory in Oxfordshire – the heart of the Formula 1 industry. More than 60 of them are employed in the wind tunnel group alone, comprising aerodynamicists, experimental aerodynamicists, technicians and model makers. The group works to the very limit of what is technologically possible, taking concepts to prototype stage incredibly quickly. This commitment lies behind the radical design of this year’s new car, the FW26. Patrick explains: “Looking at the car for this year, it’s got a very unusual nose. It came out of a development that started two years ago where we were looking to bleed air up from the upper surface of the wing, up through the nose and over the top of the car. We started with a fairly conventional-looking nose with a big hole in the middle, then as that developed we ended up taking the front bit away, resulting in what we’ve got now.”

[www.ucl.ac.uk]

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2008 06:33PM by chet.
Date: January 09, 2008 07:04PM
Posted by: Monza972
this is quite interesting...

[www.f1technical.net]
Date: January 09, 2008 07:17PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Looks brilliant though.

Date: January 09, 2008 09:57PM
Posted by: Nickv
Rodriguez has said on his own website that Fisichella has got the second Force India seat.
Date: January 09, 2008 10:02PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Nickv schreef:
> Rodriguez has said on his own website that
> Fisichella has got the second Force India seat.

Yeh,and they will use a f2008 to? ;) i think you have the wrong thread..

Date: January 09, 2008 10:03PM
Posted by: Nickv
I think that too ;)
Date: January 10, 2008 07:33PM
Posted by: Muks_C
gav Wrote:
> No real idea (or I'd be designing F1 cars right
> about now), but as a guess I'd imagine the
> front-wing 'struts' (there's another word I'm
> looking for that escapes me
)

pylons?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 11, 2008 04:22PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
What an incredible asset...

[www.itv-f1.com]

with Schumacher taking on a clearly defined role, a non-threatening role in terms of the race drivers, this will certainly keep Ferrari as the team to beat in the foreseeable future.

Personally I'm stoked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy