And so it ends...Minardi are now history...RIP Minardi

Posted by montana_uk 
Exactly. They were contracted by Renault, on "loan" to Minardi as a trial

Minardi didnt introduce them at all, Flavio gave Minardi money, to run them AFAIK.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
As a huge Red Bull fan, I see only good things ahead for Scuderia Toro Rosso. Yeah, its sad to see the independents go, but I haven't heard too many people crying over Sauber, or Jordan.

And you would be hard pressed to find an Arrows fan,(other than Stoddart) a Stewart fan, or a Prost fan these days.

Give it a year or two and Minardi will be simply another F1 team that has been relegated to the history books.

The team that should never have been forced out of F1 was Lotus. Too much tradition, too much history to simply fade away...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2005 07:43AM by Jagdpanzer.
Re: And so it ends...Minardi are now history...RIP Minardi
Date: November 26, 2005 08:02AM
Posted by: marcl
u could say the same about brm and brabham all big names gone.

but more should have been done to save lotus agree there
"RIP minardi. When ever there i would get in from work to see practise results i would look for minardi to see how they were getting on, they will be misssed."

quick glance at the bottom of the sheet would reveal all...

nope, i dont care at all that they're going. they never came close to winning, scored a handful of points in 25 years and well...not much else.

thanks for making up the numbers though.
Date: November 26, 2005 11:08AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
And you would be hard pressed to find an Arrows fan,(other than Stoddart) a Stewart fan, or a Prost fan these days.

I'm an Arrows and Stewart fan still ;) - though mainly because I still use older f1 seasons when driving still :P
Date: November 26, 2005 11:51AM
Posted by: Stan
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exactly. They were contracted by Renault, on
> "loan" to Minardi as a trial
>
> Minardi didnt introduce them at all, Flavio gave
> Minardi money, to run them AFAIK.
>
>
alonso was under contrct to minardi but when team hit financial trouble they sold his contract to flavio and in return he paid for him to drive a season with them

Still it raises the question how much it was Minardi or Adrian Campos.

DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> anze89 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Minardi have constantly been at the back of
> the
> > grid. They may have survived, but have always
> been
> > poor. Red Bull have the money to take the
> team to
> > the top, and its using the same staff, so its
> not
> > much differnet
> >
> > money isn't everything
>
> And how do you suggest improving the performance
> in f1, if money isnt everything? In F1, money is
> 90% of it
>
> Lets put it like this:
>
> Minardi were at the back of th grid and
> struggling. any year, the team could have died and
> lost all the jobs. Now, the jobs will stay for X
> years - this is a fact. They are now healthier
> than before in terms of money, and will most
> likely be on the grid for a good 10 years or so.
> Red Bull is commited to motorsports as they have
> previously shown, so there is much chance of them
> pulling out
>
> Red Bull is also not a faceless organisation like
> most companies. They provide massive motorsport
> funding accross the world in all different types
> of motorsport. they also go into extreme sports
> such as skateboard, rollerblading, hanggliding,
> power boat racing, and the famous "Red Bull Air
> Race". Its not always on an international level
> either, my local skatepark is sponsoted by Red
> Bull, and most of the funding is from them
>
> Minardi only had one place to go - to the grave.
> They had not improved in 10 years and were not
> going to. There track record was actually
> exceptionally poor. Now the staff can actually
> look forward to not being last on the grid. And,
> to top it off, we wont have to put up with crap
> pay drivers filling the driver seats since Red
> Bull arent interested in that, which means we'll
> get some real talent in the cars now!
>
> I see very little downsides to this. Red Bull
> Racing has been a blessing to F1 in many ways.
>
>

Amen to this, not Minardi "dying" crap! I don't think Minardi leaving is important, it's just the name change and improvements mostly.

Edit: Ah, and oh yeah I am still a big-time Stewart team fan!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2005 08:00AM by Guimengo.
Date: November 27, 2005 02:32PM
Posted by: Trido
It is sad as a few drivers got their start via Minardi from Alonso to Yoong. :P I did appreciate the excitement when they scored a point, especially in Australia with Webber 3 years ago. You just don't see that kind of thing with the big teams. It was just like Fisi winning the Brazilian GP in 2003. When the little teams do well and you can just see the pure joy on their faces, you can't help but be infected by it.

On the other hand, Minardi did always suck. Glad to see someone make a better go at it. I am more sad about Jordan who were one of my favorite teams in the 90s. I loved their attitude to F1 and the livery on the cars was awesome. Damon and Ralf did a good job with them, and after they left, they went into decline, only stoped briefly by Fisi's aforementioned victory in the rain at Interlagos. Eddie will be missed.
It is a shame to see them go they always tried so dam hard

I was there in Melbourne in 02 when Webber got that point the whole Minardi Team went mad it was a great thing to see

i think everyone will miss them a little who does not like the underdog ?? and minardi more then anyother team were the underdogs

The Thunder from Downunder

Actually really we should be feeling more sad for Jordan - I think *hope* Minardi can only go upwards as Scuderia Toro Rosso, and if most of the staff are retained, at least for a while, then there can be no better reward for them. My only regret is that I'll miss the name Minardi and the "minnow" atmosphere they had around the team, regardless of thier actual performance on the track (which means sod all to me) - but you'd be hard pressed to find a better atmosphere than Red Bull right now.

But I just don't see Midland really going anywhere. With luck, if it goes horribly wrong, then can manage to sell it on and someone else can have a go, but keep most of the team still alive - but there's such a danger of Jordan/Midland just sinking into the mud and vanishing :(
Date: November 28, 2005 02:37PM
Posted by: b-tone
Minardi can only go upwards as Scuderia Toro Rosso

minardi is finished. no mater how many staff etc they kep minardi is the name, and its gone.
theres probably a few tyrrell guys left at BAR (and maybe some honda guys?!) but its not tyrrell (or honda).

____
Tony

Well that is sort of what I meant anyway. What WAS Minardi, like I say what WAS Jordan, but is now Midland - or MF1 or whatever. Name doesn't really come in to it I was talking about the team and the people involved in it.
But anyway,

BTW, I thought BAR IS Honda now?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy