Mosley and Benetton lawyer collude in 1994 to save Benetton from ban (long post)

Posted by sasjag 
Also this fuel rig thing.

Benetton gained time in every single pit stop that they made before this cheating was noticed.

So MS may not have won the 1st few races as he got ahead of senna in brazil in the pits. Its all so bloody stupid and really make me angry the fact that every one new and no one done a thing.
@Oleg ...

Benetton definitely had traction control programmed into their car, but they got away with it by saying they didn't use it. That's a fact.

Does that satisfy you as being within the rules?

If we bought Arrows between us, and then won a Grand Prix by putting turbochargers on our engines, and then got away with it by saying "You can't prove that the turbochargers were turned on," would that still be acceptable?

--Rubi

well they would if u said ''we are massive fans of ferrari

for a start we don't know benetton had used traction control in 94.we know that it was on the car but they found that removing the software corupted other software on the car and decided to leave it in place but disable it.
i think to say we know it was used is wrong,schumachers car got checked as much as anyone elses during 94 and the checks are done by marshalls at the individual race as it's not the same band of officials checking the car and turning a blind eye,i seriously doubt everyone who checked the benetton was involved in a major conspiracy.
i don't doubt the rig was tampered with but this doesn't make every other piece of hearsay to be true,and you start going down the path of it's what a mechanic told frank williams then do you believe everything.
f1 is full of stories of cheating and it's usuallt aimed at whoever is on top.
re- brazil 94,even if benetton did gain a seconds advantage in the pit,i've watched the 94 review and ms is seconds ahead of senna coming out of the pits,that extra second didn't make any difference.it's more a case of the williams mechanics not being as drilled as other teams and not just benetton.
if the race officials maintain that the best evidence is that traction control wan't used then thats good enough.ms was one of the hardest punished drivers in 94 and won by points from just 12 of the 16 rounds and i don't think that should be taken away from him
MS would have saved at least a few seconds in the pits, but williams done a bad stop anyway.

Everyone knows the seal was removed that was proven.

Also other drivers said in 1994 that there was 2 benettons out there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy