2002 Vs 2003 Ferrari

Posted by Ellis 
2002 Vs 2003 Ferrari
Date: February 07, 2003 04:42AM
Posted by: Ellis

Guess which is which

Post Edited (02-07-03 13:04)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: 2002 Vs 2003 Verrari
Date: February 07, 2003 04:53AM
Posted by: Pooky
i think it is the 2nd picture.

its incredible how they have made it even smaller than the 2002 ferrari.

by looking at the other pictures of it on f1-live, what an incredible piece of engineering this car is.

Date: February 07, 2003 04:56AM
Posted by: Xero
The sidepods of the new car are very different, but they look sweet!

Very different and new idea, looks pretty damn impressive! (did I just say that?!) Makes the modern F1 car look even better!

Date: February 07, 2003 04:59AM
yeah, unfortunately after seeing this new ferrari, i am wondering just what chance the opposition are going to have this year??

i love the ribbed sidepod tho, that looks fantastic.

Date: February 07, 2003 05:09AM
Posted by: kit-kat

it's interesting to see that Byrne has followed Wills with the idea of the wings around the rear wheels when the new Williams has dropped the idea also note how short are the side pods just like the Williams don't look much like side pods now just the one big curve
Date: February 07, 2003 05:30AM
It is the lower picture, you are correct

yeah, unfortunately after seeing this new ferrari, i am wondering just what chance the opposition are going to have this year??

But the 2002 Mclaren looked like a real winner, like it cud easily keep up and beat a Ferrari, but yet it didnt. Just becasue something looks like its gona be fast it doesnt mean its not

This of course also works the other way around, example - sauber

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 07, 2003 05:37AM

Post Edited (02-07-03 12:39)

Date: February 07, 2003 06:04AM
its not called the F2003. Its the F2003-GA after the fiat boss

Post Edited (02-07-03 13:04)

Re: 2002 Vs 2003 Ferrari
Date: February 07, 2003 06:16AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
Looks like a F2002-clone to me :)
Date: February 07, 2003 06:19AM
It doesnt to me

Rear fins added behind the rear wheels

the air box has changed shape, the side pods curve in leaving an overhang over a triangle shape

they also have a "rib" down the side of the side pods, much more extensive than the last car

Date: February 07, 2003 06:50AM
talking about whether beautiful cars does not mean they will be fast, have you heard what everone has said at ferrari?

they all say they are in love with it, everytime they look at it they think it is beautiful etc. luckily for them, when they sayit is the most beautiful car they know it will be fast to.

Date: February 07, 2003 07:02AM
i persoanllly think its the most ugly car on the tird except the Arrows with its high nose area.

Date: February 07, 2003 07:10AM
what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have to admire the engineering that goes into a car like this.

i love the look of modern F1 cars, there aerospace type looks, beautifully sculptured bodywork, etc.

some of the old cars were beautiful aswell, but beauty comes in 2 forms,

the old cars were beautiful due to there understated, simplicity, uncomplicated looks,

the new cars are beautiful due to there, ultra-modern, technology complex, wind tunnel crafted looks.

(when i say old cars i mean classic grandpix cars of the 50's upto the early 90's)

Date: February 07, 2003 07:17AM
you have to admire the engineering that goes into a car like this.

Fine, its a fantastic peice of engineering, its the best of the best. Still is pig ugly tho.

the new cars are beautiful due to there, ultra-modern, technology complex, wind tunnel crafted looks.

But just be cause its technologicly advanced and costs god-knows-how-much, it doesnt mean its a beautiful car. 2002 Jordan, Arrows and Ferrari were ugly. the black minardi is nice and the silver mclaren is still the best looking car. the Williams is boring looking IMO

Date: February 07, 2003 07:26AM
well of course u wont agree with me - i dont want u too. we all have our own views and opinions.

but i must agree with you, the 2002 jordan was ugly. i thourght the arrows was quite good, and what was wrong with the ferrari?

have you read the report on the new williams in autosport?

they say the rear end looks like it has a broken back due to the way it suddenly falls down towards the gearboc. i am talking about the engine cover. now that is quite ugly.

Date: February 07, 2003 07:40AM
I never liked the new Williams colours. I like the Rothmans style, but unfortuantly thats tabacco. I never liked the boring-ass red of ferrari. Its practicly the same each year, which wudnt be so bad if it was exciting. But its not...its just one boring colour. The Vodaphone logos still look like they dont fit on the side of the car by the way in which they over-gp the top of the side pods and the Marlboro no longer fits on the engine cover and we lose half of the M

Now compare it to one of these

where everthing fits on the car properly, and theres no stupid over hangs of words. The black and the silver and the white blend into each other beatifully and the graphics (arrows) on the top the side pods look stunning on the black.

The car looks great in its livery, but the ferrari has a plain livery, with messy sponsor position/size

Date: February 07, 2003 08:32AM
Posted by: Vader
its incredible how they have made it even smaller than the 2002 ferrari.

The new car may be a bit smaller, but not as small as the picture does imply. Just look at the wheels, they look smaller, too, although their size should be the same. It has been shot from a greater distance.

Having to add a lot of extra wings is a sign for bad design. The chassis itself should be designed in a way it can do withoul extras.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 07, 2003 08:35AM
oh, and also - the white on the engine box was orgional there because it had a Marlboro logo there. As shown here

Now, what is the purpose of having a big white area on the car? McLaren didnt suddenly put in any large coloured areas because of a sponsor. they wanted West on a white background and they got it without a horrible white are suddenly being thrown in. It blends it in nicely

Date: February 07, 2003 08:51AM
Posted by: Dizzoau
Hey Powerhouse, with regard to your sig quote about Martin Brundle, wasn't it Takuma Sato that he thought was Senna, not fisichella?
Date: February 07, 2003 08:59AM
Posted by: matthewp
The car looks pretty elegent although the rear end is a bit too cluttered, I wouldn't say its ugly though.
I agree on the 02 Mclaren though, one of the most beutiful F1 cars ever

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy