MICHAEL, MICHAEL WHAT

Posted by Ellis 
MICHAEL, MICHAEL WHAT
Date: June 21, 2002 06:17PM
Posted by: Ellis
"Michael Schumacher will be sent the Germany v USA world cup score in Euro GP practice.

The world championship leader is a fanatical football fan, even finding time to turn out occasionally for his local third division team in Switzerland.

Schumacher will miss the first half-hour of the World Cup quarter final between his beloved Germany and the USA as he will be competing free practice at the Nürburgring.

Because of this Schumacher has made arrangements to have the score sent to his steering wheel telemetry while he is out on the track.

"I would like to see the match but for other reasons I will have to miss the first part of it," said Schumacher.

"But the end of the game is always the most important part to watch. But I will be kept aware of the result all the time by the telemetry so I will be driving with my fingers crossed."

Germany are favourites to win the match which would give them a shock place in the last four in the tournament. Rudi Völler

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: MICHAEL, MICHAEL WHAT
Date: June 21, 2002 08:10PM
Posted by: Vader
Rudi Völler

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 22, 2002 03:41AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
Caus everytime that happens, the Germans end up losing :)
Date: June 22, 2002 03:45AM
Look at those GI's who went back to the US. What do they talk about?

Nürnberger Bratwurst ein Bier bitteschön, Fräulein, ich hab mein Herz in Heidelberg verloren, humpta humpta, mu

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 22, 2002 06:58AM
Posted by: matthewp
I can't beleive Germany are still in the world cup, they are absolutely crap and have ridden their luck in every game, I really hope they don't win the cup as they don't deserve it in the slightest
Date: June 22, 2002 06:58AM
every game since the saudi's of course :)
Date: June 22, 2002 09:52AM
Who does deserve to win anyway? Does a team deserve to win that is apparently unable to score? The rules say that not the team that has the most talent wins - in that case it would always be Brazil and we could stop playing for the cup anyway - or is it the team that has scored the most goals at the end of the game?
This is a competition and not the "Miss Soccer Beautiness Contest". It's just like in F1: who sees the chequered flag first wins and not who has "deserved to win".
A lot of teams who win do not deserve to win, and some others who would deserve it don't leave the field as winners. Is that unfair? No, that's just sport.
Did England deserve the cup in 1966? From this point of view they didn't, because it was NO goal, and that is a proven fact now. But do I say "take away the cup from them"? No, I am happy that such a proud nation as yours have won the cup. I thought it was alright when "le grand nation" won in 1998. I would love to see Korea win this year. But if it was Germany, I could live with it as well.
Even if this is about your favourite foe Germany (I don't feel like that anyway) you should try to be fair and enjoy the rest of the competition. I would, even if England had reached the semi-finals and Germany had to go home.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 22, 2002 11:26AM
Posted by: chris
South Korea, though we all like to see them do well, must NOT become world champions, it would be a disaster for football.

The remaining teams are not that likely, so in a way it makes it better, but at the same time easier for brazil.

LOL @ your sig pic Vader!

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 22, 2002 11:53AM
what about this:

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 22, 2002 01:26PM
by the way Vader, I think you were implying in your post that i'm English which would be a grave mistake to make as i'm Welsh. (we're supposed to hate Engligh people :-)
I take your point about it doesn't matter who deserves to win just who actually wins but its just a shame when teams like Ireland who should be in the semi's aren't when Germany who have not impressed me once are. Plus they should have had a penalty against them in the USA match and the bloke who handled it on the line should have been sent off.
Date: June 22, 2002 01:40PM
sorry, I did not realise you were from Cymru and not Lloegr.
(I will not participate in any "Twll dîn pob Sais!" in here, since I fear the battle between LS and DarkStar Ellis will start all over again.

Yes, Ireland would have deserved to move on, I agree. I do not agree that Germany did deserve a penalty. The rules are clear: If you play the ball with your hand on purpose, it is a foul. But "the bloke" did clearly move his arm away from the ball. The only way to avoid touching it would have been to cut off his arm and you wouldn't think that is necessary, would you?

Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn! Cymru am byth!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 22, 2002 01:46PM
I have no idea what you're saying (only about 3 people in wales speak welsh :)
Date: June 22, 2002 02:04PM
Everytime I try to be friendly to ye mortals, all I meet is ignorance ... :-)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy