John Watson

Posted by Ellis 
John Watson
Date: June 07, 2002 11:30AM
Posted by: Ellis
Is that his name? The F1 Digital+ commentator?

Before i praised him beacuse for the first few races he gave unbiast an infomative commentry.

Now, after he gave an interview about Minardi earlier today, i can say the guys a bit of a wnaker, or has something agaisnt paul stoddart

Minardi are in serious trouble and want "there" money which under the rules they deserve, since Prost (Phoneix) are not an offcial team.

Stoddart says that unfortuantly Tom Walkinshaw and Arrows may alos not reach the end of the year.

John Watson said that Paul Stoddart should stop whinning and moaning bout the money and get on with runing his F1 team. He said Pauls doing a bad job with the team and most other people could do better.

WTF!!??? COME ON!!! How can you run an F1 team with no money? It must be sooo hard at the back of the grid!

Stoddart said "even at the back of the grid, you cant run the time from thin air"

Regualrly one of the minardis out quaifiys and emmbarrsess's a Jaguar or other works team! Now, ok, this may be becasue Webber is amaizng, but the team must be doing something right!

He whinned about the wing failures in Spain, but when the other person in the studio remined him that McLaren also had one, he instantly shut up.

When talking about DC's win in Monaco the other guy in the studio (i forgot his name sorry :$) said that many people have said it was a superb drive from DC

John answer - "no, many people didnt say it was a superb drive from DC, I[/i] said it was a suberp drive from DC."

When talking about Schumacehr and Ferrari he said "many of the neutral supporters support Ferrari"

WTF!! how can they be neutral and support Ferrari?

before this interview i had nothing agaisnt the guy, but now that he has told Stoddart to "shut up"

Get a life John, Minardi work there ass's off and deserve evrything that they get in F1! Why doesnt he shut up for a change?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: John Watson
Date: June 07, 2002 11:54AM
Posted by: TeamFerrari
Hear, hear, Ellis!!!

You have to hand it to Paul Stoddart and Minardi....they have always struggled, and always will continue to struggle in their bid to be taken seriously as a World Championship contending team. But thanks to Mark Webber in particular, Minardi has had more success in 2002 than for the last 5 years.

John Watson has no right to criticise Paul Stoddart or anyone from Minardi...there have always been teams who have had to keep coming up with funds on a race to race basis...who could possibly forget the Forti Team who had to withdraw in the middle of a race weekend due to lack of money.

I say, Good On 'Em, Minardi, Paul Stoddart, Mark Webber and Alex Yoong, for actually getting out there, having a go, and showing pricks like John Watson that it's not just the uber-wealthy teams like Ferrari who deserve to be in F1, it should be open to all teams regardless if they have a few problems now and then.

Rubens, leave Ferrari while you still can!!!
Date: June 07, 2002 12:24PM
Posted by: chris
I really hope he can find enough money to finish the year, then he'll get some more cash and hopefully carry on. He's doing a superb job.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 07, 2002 12:35PM
Posted by: _Alex_
I also think John Watson is a terrible commentator. He was appaulingly biased when in the commentary box for the BTCC, and from what I've heard I don't think he's much to shout about on F1 Digital+

Ben Edwards (the other guy) is great, however, he should be in the ITV box.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 07, 2002 01:18PM
Ben Edwards kicks ass, but this wasnt edwards with him, this was a preview program for the Candian GP, ben wasnt there....im sure he would have told John to shut up too.

sorry for thr HTML, i forgot to close the underline be the looks of it :S

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 07, 2002 01:32PM
Posted by: andrew_S
well i saw the interview, and yes it is john watson, former Gp winner john watson to you....

and if you actually saw the full interview, you will actually hear that what john said makes perfect sence, you may not like it, but it makes perfect sence and is the truth, and this was in the full interview backed up by stodart who said "we have no right to the prost money"......
Date: June 07, 2002 01:36PM
Posted by: andrew_S
also he is a very good commentator he wasnt biased in the BTCC, and he wasnt biased this year, after all i have had most of the races on digital +, its clear you only watched the preview last night, john said "no, i said it was a superb win" because in the commentory box, after DC took the flag 2 weeks ago, his comment was that this is DCs best ever win, and thats why he said it, really you are going over the top, and making this presumption on anger towards the guy that you have decided on by what he said about minardi, hardly objective i say, really i would learn more about who you are talking about before saying things like that!!!
Date: June 07, 2002 02:11PM
I have also seen the full interview and the person sitting with him in the studio also seemed to be saying in his head "john, shut up, wtf"...just you cant say that on TV

"he wasnt biased in the BTCC"

LOL!!! Thats almost as funny as when someone said James Allen wasnt biased at the start of the season!!! LOL!!

Date: June 07, 2002 02:11PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Wasn't biased in the BTCC?

He and Charlie Cox continually praised Tom Boardman even after his utterly reckless driving tactics wrecked several drivers' cars and even in some cases finished their seasons early. Boardman is a prat and yet the commentators talked as though the sun shone out of his behind. There was something dodgy going on there.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 07, 2002 02:31PM
lol!!

The full story on Minardi is this

They want the moeny for finishing 10th in the constructors last year. Ok, prost really did, but do prost exist anymore? No. So giving prost that $8million would make wot difference? None. It wouldnt even be close to bringing them out of debt.

So why not give it to minardi? Who deserve it? Otherwise where would it go? Would the greedy fat cats that run the FIA keep it? Most likely.

So why not give it to the struggling minardi team? It would keep them in F1 until the end of the year? And then the money they earn for finishing top ten this year. They are most likely going to beat Jag, which willbe good, minardi beating a works team.

There you go, the full story...anything to add to that?

Seems to me that John is being a moany old prat for the sake of it, why not gove Minardi the moeny? They need it whislt other (FIA dont)

IMO and probably most others, minadri should get the money.

"really i would learn more about who you are talking about "

why? I talking bout wot he said. It doesnt matter who he is, if he said it he should be treated the same way as if he was anyone else. So hes a GP winner? and? Does this make him a specail person?

So wot does everyone ekse think?

Should minadri get the money? Yes or no?

Date: June 07, 2002 02:37PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Watson = DICK, i cant stand him, sorry

Ben Edwards = Amazing, Martin Brundle with a bit of Murray

Date: June 07, 2002 02:43PM
yes, minadri deserve the moeny

Date: June 07, 2002 02:43PM
I used to like this guy, but the comments agaisnt minardi have no real base and are just plain stupid.

He told Stoddart to shut u and let the matters sort themselves out...so why is he butting in then? Hes got f**k all to do with this, why doesnt he shut up and let them sort themselves out?

Date: June 07, 2002 02:44PM
My spelling is as bad as ellis. Hehe...he...eh damn no-one will get it

Date: June 07, 2002 03:01PM
cos you copy and pasted it from our MSN convo :P

Date: June 07, 2002 03:44PM
no i didnt: I ctrl + c then ctrl + v it in here

:P

Date: June 07, 2002 03:45PM
Posted by: chris
yes, they deserve it.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 07, 2002 04:43PM
Posted by: LS.
yes, minadri deserve the moeny

LOL

for a minute there i thought that was posted by inspector clouseau.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 07, 2002 10:57PM
Posted by: TeamFerrari
Hell yeah, give Minardi the money.

I want to see more Australians like Mark Webber in the action.

Rubens, leave Ferrari while you still can!!!
Date: June 08, 2002 04:19AM
I wanna see more women in action.

Nope wrong forum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy