DC confident at staying at mclaren

Posted by LS. 
DC confident at staying at mclaren
Date: May 30, 2002 10:03AM
Posted by: LS.
David Coulthard insists that his place at McLaren is safe at least until the end of 2003.

The Monaco winner

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: DC confident at staying at mclaren
Date: May 30, 2002 10:04AM
can't see mika coming back unless the mclaren is on equal footing as ferrari, why risk his life to finish 2nd?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 30, 2002 10:27AM
Posted by: chris
Absolutely. He won't be back.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 03, 2002 02:55PM
Posted by: Vader
He must have felt that McLaren's performance was getting worse. Leaving the team was the best thing to do for his own reputation. Why bother fighting to get points at all if you are a double champ? Many great ones have missed the right time to say goodbye, and both Hills (father and son) are not the only ones to mention in this context.

Personally I believe Michael Schumacher should have left F1 years ago. His fame is already declining. He is now not more than just a mediocre shadow of his former talent. He only makes a fool out himself pretending to be still good. This is so ridicolous when people don't see that it is over when it's over.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 03, 2002 03:00PM
Posted by: genesis
errr what?!?! Vader what are you talking about?!? He should have retired years ago?? He's been amazing in 2000 and 2001, and dominated some races in 2002, with still the other half left!
Date: June 03, 2002 03:02PM
Posted by: Ellis
True Vades

Hill actaully thot Arrows could do well tho!!

At the start of the season he said "i think if we get in the top 3 we will be doing ver very well"

Damon, you didnt make it to the grid in Australia, never mind the top 3, the only good preformance was Hungary.

He was kidding himself before the start of the season

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 03, 2002 03:43PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Personally I believe Michael Schumacher should have left F1 years ago. His fame is already declining. He is now not more than just a mediocre shadow of his former talent. He only makes a fool out himself pretending to be still good.

LOL! Come on Vader, I would have thought you'd come up with something more plausible than that. Just look at Suzuka 2001. His pace was nothing short of mind-blowing. You think a driver who's skill is deteriorating sets laps seven tenths quicker than the next fastest guy - at the last race of the season - when he's already won the championship - and could be taking it easy? Well, if that's the case, Schumacher must have been even more awesome than I thought during the 1996 to 1999 period! And he's hardly hanging around this year - over double Montoya's points? Yeah. Sounds like a case of bitterness taking control here.

Damon, you didnt make it to the grid in Australia, never mind the top 3, the only good preformance was Hungary.

And even then, Frentzen would certainly have won that race had his car not packed in. That guy is unlucky. However, Hill was pretty impressive - if he'd done that at a few other races during the season, maybe the impression would have lasted!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 03, 2002 04:29PM
Posted by: chris
I think its just tongue-in-cheek humour, Alex. (I hope so...)

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 03, 2002 06:02PM
i think maybe if ferrari had'nt come good these past 2 season and MS had'nt had the car to help him to 2 more titles he may have well retired.

when your competitive and can expect to win most races why would you want to retire?

perhaps this why MH decided to take a sabbatical, prost did the same after he was fired by ferrari, and only came back when he got a drive at williams for 93

why risk your life in a car your have to over drive when you've already won championships? and then you have the family factor to consider,

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 03, 2002 06:15PM
Hill was pretty impressive - if he'd done that at a few other races during the season, maybe the impression would have lasted!

don't forget hill stuck the jordan on 3rd at spa, and went on to win it albeit with MS & DC having a accident, he did well to get it to 3rd and gave jordan there first ever win, it was sheer bad luck that hill did'nt win at hungary 97, if hill ad won that race ( not for mechanicla gremlins) how many drivers have won races in 3 different teams?

you can't take that away from hill

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 04, 2002 12:28PM
Posted by: Ellis
Didnt hill leead into turn 1 on the restart?

but in all fairness Ralf was faster and Hill was on the radio saying that Eddie should tell Ralf not to pass

"how many drivers have won races in 3 different teams?"

good point

Damon is also the only driver to ever win to Grand Prixs consecutivly (sp) in the same country :P

Australia 95 - Australia 96

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 05, 2002 05:26AM
Posted by: Vader
I still know how to make you kick into gear. Oy Gevalt!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy