will mh come and will ms go

Posted by pikflo_MHrulz 
will mh come and will ms go
Date: May 29, 2002 03:48PM
Posted by: pikflo_MHrulz
i hopr mh comes back as i think the sport needs his pace and i think that this will be ms's last year as he has no more to prove and whants to end on a high (would also explaine why ferri sighned up rb that same austria gp.
but i hope ms dosn't retire to soon as i like to see him gettin beet but that dont happen to oftern!! :-(
and alex young please go home and play with you scalextrics
Re: will mh come and will ms go
Date: May 30, 2002 12:34AM
Posted by: chris
Do you think MH has a place at McLaren? DC would have to be chopped, oh well what a shame.

I'm not convinced that MH is fast enough (remember: slow mclaren) to challenge MS, but I think MS might quit at the end of the year if he wins the championship.

THEN we'll see some good f1

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 30, 2002 01:25AM
yeah i agree. i think that jpm would run away with th title as williams will be the bechmark in the next couple of years.cant see ralf being much compertition.but even if ms goes i think he will be still largly involved in f1 as i seem to remember todt offering ms a "contract for life"noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Date: May 30, 2002 09:21AM
Posted by: genesis
I dont think there's any chance of MS retiring at the end of this season whatsoever. Secondly, I definetly don't think MH will return, and even if he did, I think KR would be chopped, not DC.
Date: May 30, 2002 10:25AM
McLaren need drivers for the future. DC is getting on a bit Kimi's still very young.

Date: May 31, 2002 08:24AM
Posted by: _Alex_
i think that jpm would run away with th title as williams will be the bechmark in the next couple of years.cant see ralf being much compertition

Firstly, you're forgetting one thing that, even if MS retires, will still be stuck between JPM and a World Driver's Championship: BARRICHELLO

He is quicker than Montoya. And so is Ralf. I still haven't quite grasped why everyone seems to think this guy is scaring Michael - he has actually never managed to put together a really astounding weekend. He's either very fast in qualifying and then slow in the race, or slow in qualifying and then quick in the race, or slow in both. Obviously, I say slow relative to the other top guys. The one win that he has in his pocket he didn't really deserve (Barrichello).

And how you can conclude that he's better than Ralf is beyond me. There's no doubt that he is extremely quick, but so is Ralf - with consistency. Ralf has actually managed to blow away the competition over a whole weekend on quite a few occasions, deservedly winning, and when he doesn't, he's still right up there and usually ahead of JPM. You say stats don't lie: 4 wins to 1.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 31, 2002 09:17AM
good points but remember this is jpm 's second season and cmpaore the consistency of jpm 's season to ralfs season i think i make my point claer.in my opinion i would rather have jensen at willams than ralf.myby i just dont like ralf but he would happy with seccond if he thought he couldnt come 1st but jpm would always try and he hasnt failed yet.(when hes had the oppertunity)

in fact imagine jv back at willams now that would be racing!
Date: May 31, 2002 09:48AM
damn straight. But that wont happen. : (

Date: May 31, 2002 10:11AM
in fact imagine jv back at willams now that would be racing!

It's interesting you should say that because referring to your other thread, Villeneuve is the most over-rated driver.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 31, 2002 10:18AM
No he did'nt.

This is as close as he came "he was running third untill the third round of pit stops in a slow car. Compair him with his team mate that year and it speaks for its self."

Is THAT anti jv, Alex? I think you should check your facts mate.

Chris J

Date: May 31, 2002 11:53AM
Posted by: Mark
a lot of people are against ralph because his name is schumacher,second point,pointless to compare ralph and jpm 2nd season as ralph was in a very average jordan,and jpm in a very fast williams.

to say ms only wins championship with his team mates help,how many times has this happened,what team mate helped him in 94/95,in 2000 barrichello in austria, though he didn't need them,you only need to look how much he won the title by, and i think we all agreed in wasn't needed in austria this year,
Date: May 31, 2002 01:26PM
Posted by: Ellis
mark, dont spell ralfs name "ralph", i did it and got moaned at, obviosly its a big thing, just wanring you mate ;)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 01, 2002 02:56AM
Is THAT anti jv, Alex? I think you should check your facts mate.

I don't really see what you mean...?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 01, 2002 03:22AM
OK, i'll make it clearer.
"It's interesting you should say that because referring to your other thread, Villeneuve is the most over-rated driver."

See the thing is Mike NEVER said that JV was overated.
What he DID say was

"1MICHAEL S!

2DAMO H(BUT WAS CHEETED OF HIS SECOND WC BY A CERTAN MS
3RALF S

4ALEX YOUNG(ONLY MESSIN HES JUST PURE CRAP)

WORST

1 GUSTON MAZZICANI(SPELLING!!!!!)

2 ALEX Y

3 AND THIS JAP WHO WAS REALY POOR BUT CANT REMEMBERHIS NAME."

That's why you should check your facts, because they're wrong.

Chris J

Date: June 01, 2002 03:37AM
I'm sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I didn't mean...

"if you look at the other thread, the facts show that ppl think JV is over-rated."

What I meant was...

"if you want my opinion on the other thread, then I'd say that Villeneuve is the most over-rated driver"

I see where you misunderstood me, apologies!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 01, 2002 04:03AM
oh, right. No problems.

But I can't agree with you there.
His performance in Austria shows what he can do with motivation. He WAS on a different strategy, but he overtook more cars than most drivers do in two seasons, in a controlled way. When he came to F1 he was much like JPM, but now he has calmed down and is more objective.

Personally the most overrated driver should be DC.

Chris J

Date: June 01, 2002 11:53AM
Personally the most overrated driver should be DC

Ironically, DC has gone up in my impressions. His performance in Monaco showed that he can drive great races - but he doesn't do them anywhere near often enough. Sure, the car isn't as quick as the Ferrari or Williams this year, but he had all of 1998 and 1999 and 2000 to that matter to prove himself - but he was destroyed by Hakkinen.

As for Villeneuve, he's in a tough spot at the moment. That's probably why I consider him as overrated at the moment. If the guy was so quick, he'd be able to do better things with that BAR. Unfortunately I think it's a case of great car = great results - not so good car = poor results. Villeneuve runs on motivation like his engine does on fuel. Sure, a demotivated driver is always going to nnnnnjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (that was me trying to pick a fly off my keyboard - thought I'd leave it in) where were we...

A demotivated driver is always going to struggle to some extent, but Villeneuve has just failed to impress in that BAR. Failed to impress me anyway. Everyone has different opinions which will not be changed through arguments.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 01, 2002 01:27PM
Posted by: Ellis
I will remid everyone that DC was consistantly fast than MH in 96 and beet him in championship position in 97, with two wins to MH one (which was gifted to him, first by DC moving, then JV)

LOL @ Alex for the keyboard thing :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy