Interesting about team orders.

Posted by CDN_Merlin 
Interesting about team orders.
Date: May 19, 2002 12:43PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
[www.formula1.com]

Seems McLaren sorta did the same thing yet I'm sure no one would bitch about this one.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Re: Interesting about team orders.
Date: May 19, 2002 01:16PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Actaully, i did bitch about it and said it was just as bad as what Ferrari did in Austria.

WTF is Dennis talking bout, didnt break any rules, they did, the rules that the fIA give you to download clearly state it and Vader posted it on the forum.

They broke the rules and should be punished.

Did McLaren get punished in 98? Well is that the point? If they didnt, they should have been, if they did then what was done?

This is exactly the same as Austria 2002. Only reason nobody bitched was this was 4 years ago and not a major issue. But had this forum been here in 98, im sure we would have all bitched about it then

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 20, 2002 10:14AM
Posted by: Xero
I think you'll find that that was not team orders, but something that Mika and David decided before the race!!! The deal was who ever got to the first corner first, should win the race! A bit cocky on their part, but they we unstoppable that day! And if you hadn't already guessed, Mika got to turn 1 first, but DC managed to work his pits out better, and got ahead of Mika. I'm pretty sure this is NOT the same as Ferrari!!!!!

Date: May 20, 2002 11:12AM
Posted by: Mark
it it was sportsmanship,why was dc TOLD to let mika back intothe lead,if the race was normal,mikas phantom pit stop made it abnormal.

if dc was happy about it it surely didnt show after the race.mclaren earmarked mika for the title and thats about it,obviously the drivers decide who wins at mclaren they obviously don't have strategy or race the car to its full potential.

i don't many people won't moan about it on this forum because schumacher wasn't involved
Date: May 20, 2002 11:19AM
Posted by: LS.
it it was sportsmanship,why was dc TOLD to let mika back intothe lead,if the race was normal,mikas phantom pit stop made it abnormal

the team did'nt make DC pull over and let mika through, DC did it off his back.

mika hakkenin said afterwards that he could'nt beleive the sportsmanship shown by DC, he said it was incredible

but i forgive you overlooking that, afterall being a MS fan you won't know what good sportsmanship is

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 20, 2002 11:22AM
he looked so happy about it,suppose he let mika through in 97 cause he was a good sport
Date: May 20, 2002 11:33AM
well they do say that DC is a decent nice bloke, i have never heard anyone say a bad word about DC apart from irvine,

But irvine is full of hot air and his opinion counts for nothing really,

he slags everyone off

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 20, 2002 11:55AM
Posted by: _Alex_
But irvine is full of hot air and his opinion counts for nothing really

I wonder why you say this. Well no I don't actually. It couldn't possibly be because he is often confirming what a brilliant driver Schumacher is?

Being the sort of bloke he is, I would actually take literally anything that he says, because he certainly is not the sort of person to mince his words. 4 years at Ferrari saw him playing second fiddle to Schumacher for 90% of the time, and after all those years, you could hardly expect him to praise Schumacher unless he really meant it. And he would know, having been, as I said, 4 years his team-mate.

So it doesn't come as a surprise really that you make sure you've told everyone that Irvine's opinion counts for nothing.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 20, 2002 12:05PM
Posted by: chris
Oh please Alex. Irvine makes up in gossip and bad mouthing other drivers what he lacks in talent. Let's face it, he's ageing and being out done by his teamate, he's not what I would call a reliable source of data.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 20, 2002 12:11PM
It couldn't possibly be because he is often confirming what a brilliant driver Schumacher is?

your joking i hope, the first thing irvine did when he left ferrari was slag off MS, i admit that he had also praised him, hence my comments about irvine talking a lot of hot air, he slags him off on one hand and compliments him on another.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 20, 2002 01:53PM
Yo Sup

"But irvine is full of hot air and his opinion counts for nothing really

I wonder why you say this. Well no I don't actually. It couldn't possibly be because he is often confirming what a brilliant driver Schumacher is? "

em, maybe its cos he thinks hes the second best driver in F1, althopugh de la rosa beats him regularly

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 20, 2002 03:14PM
sounds a bit like like dc ageing and being outdone by his team mate
Date: May 20, 2002 04:27PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
"but i forgive you overlooking that, afterall being a MS fan you won't know what good sportsmanship is" <-- well @!#$ you to.

Geez, I know DC pulled over on his own accord but it's almost the same thing. Why should he of pulled over? He didn't have to. He raced and should of won.

Stop clouding your judgement because it's someone you like.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: May 20, 2002 05:46PM
Stop clouding your judgement because it's someone you like

i never claimed to be a DC fan, in the kimi/DC thread i posted this about my thoughts on DC

i think if the decision was down to me, i'd have to plump for kimi,

DC's had his chance to prove himself and did himself an injustice by not making the most 98 & 99 when mclaren were so dominant

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 20, 2002 06:09PM
But irvine is full of hot air and his opinion counts for nothing really

I wonder why you say this. Well no I don't actually. It couldn't possibly be because he is often confirming what a brilliant driver Schumacher is?

Being the sort of bloke he is, I would actually take literally anything that he says, because he certainly is not the sort of person to mince his words. 4 years at Ferrari saw him playing second fiddle to Schumacher for 90% of the time, and after all those years, you could hardly expect him to praise Schumacher unless he really meant it. And he would know, having been, as I said, 4 years his team-mate

ok alex, we have read what you think of irvines comments, would you like to read the following

Eddie Irvine has once again called for a change in the rule book to ensure that the start-line tactics of Michael Schumacher are kept check.
Irvine said that Schumacher is all to often putting another driver in a dangerous position at the beginning of a Grand Prix and that one day he could cause an injury to another driver. Irvine told the Sunday Mirror:

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 20, 2002 06:27PM
even more interesting is

irvine said this "This is a safety issue, and Michael should take me seriously, but he is just arrogant.

and alex said this I would actually take literally anything that he says

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 21, 2002 01:03AM
Yo Sup

Good argument there. I do think Irvine is a good driver. But a good driver needs a good car. Hes also bit arroggent in saying that MS is the best and he is second best.

Date: May 21, 2002 01:03AM
Posted by: _Alex_
you said that I would actually take literally anything that he says. And he would know, having been, as I said, 4 years his team-mate

For the sake of the argument, I made that statement more powerful than was necessary. You all know I don't think Schumacher is arrogant, or that his startline tactics are nothing to complain about, so obviously on occasions I do not agree with what Irvine says. You've proved me wrong on that score.

irvine said this "This is a safety issue, and Michael should take me seriously, but he is just arrogant"

LS said this: But irvine is full of hot air and his opinion counts for nothing really

Equally, I'm just as interested to see what you have to say about this. It can be safely assumed, therefore, that in your opinion, he is talking rubbish there. Yes?

If Irvine talks about Schumacher like this - and obviously you agree with him. So why can't you agree with him when he says Schumacher is one of the best ever, certainly better than anyone else today?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 21, 2002 02:22AM
good of you to admit that you were wrong alex,

and yeah i have said that MS is a good driver, but it has been under a lot of ciurcumstances that have been documented by me

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 21, 2002 10:50AM
Posted by: Morbid
NAILED!

Spoken as a true philosopher LS. You cannot say "I claim A to be true" and "I claim A not to be true" at the same time.

LoL @ Alex, and cudos to Boba LS. How did you get so wise all of a sudden? Is the son of Jango really a Jedi in disguise?!?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy