Couthard/Raikonnen/Hakkinen
Date: May 17, 2002 11:18AM
Posted by: Xero
I getting sick of this;

David Coulthard
Re: Couthard/Raikonnen/Hakkinen
Date: May 17, 2002 11:22AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
I think Kimi is really talented, he just had about as much good luck as Rubens this year, so he wasn't really able to show his potential just yet.
Date: May 17, 2002 12:41PM
Posted by: LS.
i think if the decision was down to me, i'd have to plump for kimi,

DC's had his chance to prove himself and did himself an injustice by not making the most 98 & 99 when mclaren were so dominant

this years mclaren being uncompetitive has not given the fans of the sport the chance to see the full extent of kimi's abilitys

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 17, 2002 12:51PM
Posted by: chris
To me its simple. DC is incredibly overated. What did he manage in 98 / 99? Couldnt beat MH very often.

The new car may be underpowered, but the 4 :2 qualifying figure says it all for me.

Also DC's getting on a bit...Kimi's very young, a prospect for the future.

Dump DC. Bring in JV, not MH.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 17, 2002 01:13PM
we need JV back in a competitive team, it was great seeing schumachers grumpy face when he'd lost and looked like a baby who's lost his rattle :-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 17, 2002 01:25PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Dump DC. Bring in JV, not MH.

That's unlikely to happen. Unless of course you're referring to Verstappen?

Villeneuve and Dennis have had some confrontations in the past which ultimately led to Villeneuve implying that he'd never work with the McLaren boss. I don't blame him, given the nature of the incident.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 17, 2002 02:03PM
i recall it was something to do with a F1 party and JV was there when he was still racing in the states, apparently he overheard ron dennis saying some desparitory remarks along the lines of " we don't his sort in F1"

i can't be quite sure that was it, but its basically what happend

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 17, 2002 02:07PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Didnt DC pass Kimi in Austria?

Kimi is amazing, and DC isnt exactly slow. But this season McLaren is disappointed. Its not a bad car, but its not great. Its reliability aitn great, and its not as good as Ferrari or Williams. It can beat Renault and Sauber, but its close.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 17, 2002 02:12PM
Unfortunately, williams and mclaren are off the pace, while ferrari are enjoying the benefits of a solid very fast car, shame that this season is turning out to be boring

the FIA should never have brought back refuelling and @#$%& about the regualtions, we need racing like we had in 88-92

make the drivers preserve their tyres and eliminate any manlipulation of a race via stradegy, let race from the start right through to the end, with one pitstop

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 17, 2002 03:51PM
Posted by: al_pacman
Arggggh!!!

Traction control puls launch control !!!

why the hell!!!! ok mabye traction contol but launch control= no skill involved

:B :))))))) :S :) ;) :-)
[www.livepencil.com]
Date: May 17, 2002 03:59PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

No, no traction control or launch control

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 17, 2002 04:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Both suck

Date: May 18, 2002 02:53AM
Posted by: _Alex_
i recall it was something to do with a F1 party and JV was there when he was still racing in the states, apparently he overheard ron dennis saying some desparitory remarks along the lines of " we don't his sort in F1"

Yeah - but he said it to his face! He told JV in no uncertain terms that he was not welcome in F1.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 18, 2002 06:01AM
Posted by: Vader
Sorry to say this, my dear DC, but the qualifying results clearly speak for Kimi, though during the races he has been yet very unlucky.

In the end sponsors will have a say in this, too. How attractive is double Finn team for global players? And we still don't know what Häkkinen thinks about it (not to speak of Erja and Hugo :])

DC was good in 98/99, but apparently only because the car was good. Why was it so good and why isn't it great anymore? Adrian Newey will certainly not have forgotten how to build cars and Mario Illian is certainly not the worst of engine constructors, too. It looks like the current drivers cannot give the feedback constructors need. Maybe this was Häkkinen's strength, compared to DC and KR (just like MS compared to former Ferrari drivers like Jean Alesi) I believe Häkkinen is not only a good driver but also understands the car better than his collegues. This is maybe why the McLaren/Mercedes performance went down all the time in 2001 - Häkkinen was already driving/working half-hearted.

Just one adivise: A lot of drivers really had to pay for their comebacks and I'm not talking about money. Looking at Senna or Zanardi, Häkkinen should better consider carefully if really wants to challenge fate again.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 18, 2002 03:01PM
Posted by: Xero
I believe Häkkinen will be making his first appearance at an F1 weekend at the Monaco GP! They are saying he may be hinting to whether or not he will return, or retire for good. I would love to see him come back, help McLaren get back to the top, and more importantly, prove he's every bit a s good, if not better, that Michael Schumacher!!!

Date: May 18, 2002 04:36PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I would bet on Kimi also, DC is getting old and doens't have many yrs left.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: May 20, 2002 08:07AM
Posted by: Beardless2
DC has had his chance in a top team for many years now, its time for himself to move on and prove himself in a smaller team, like hill did and did very well until his final year. I say kimi stays

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: May 20, 2002 08:24AM
Posted by: Vader
We'll have to wait for the Mika Häkkinen press conference at Monaco.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 20, 2002 09:19AM
Posted by: JC
For me it would be Hakkinen to GO !!!!!!!! woooohooo.... Hakkinen is very impressive in qualifying and under pressre Hakkinene can work miracles unlike Schumacher who over drives and makes mistakes in qualifying under pressure.... I say keep kimi because he is better then Coulthard and he is cheaper lol....................

- JC

Date: May 20, 2002 09:49AM
Posted by: chris
To be fair MS rarely makes mistakes in qualifying, only in Austria so far this year.

ChriS J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy