the day F1 died

Posted by Gusto 
the day F1 died
Date: May 13, 2002 04:26AM
Posted by: Gusto
In case you haven't seen it [f1.racing-live.com] And this after Rubens signs up for another 2 years, how much more crap is this poor guy going to take. Ferrari have lost me on this one, Jean Todt was noticibly absent on the podium as well. Outrageous, scandalous, a disgraceful display of unsportsmanlike activity.

the artist formerly known as
Re: the day F1 died
Date: May 13, 2002 06:41AM
Posted by: JC
If Rubens wants to win races then he really should have moved elsewhere because he won't win much with Ferrari...........

Date: May 13, 2002 02:03PM
Posted by: Zcott
Like Irvine said, it's like turning up to a GP and being hit over the head with a cricket bat if you're Michael's team mate.
Date: May 13, 2002 02:40PM
Posted by: marcvb
>If Rubens wants to win races then he really should have moved elsewhere because he won't win much with Ferrari...........

The problem is .... he won't win either if he moves to another team.
Ferrari are clearly the best right now and Rubens should know that the cost of being with the best team is being the 2nd driver. Yes, not fair.. but what's fair in F1?...
And besides, I didn't see Rubens complain.

>Like Irvine said, it's like turning up to a GP and being hit over the head with a cricket bat if you're Michael's team mate.

If a driver can't accept that Micheal is the 1st driver, then why race with ferrari? Rubens has accepted it and this shows he is a professional driver.

>the day F1 died

Let's get real shall we? Yes, it was a bad decision that left a very bad effect but come on, F1 did not die.
Remember when Senna died? That is what might have been the death of F1. Was it? NO.
What happened yesterday certainly did not kill F1.

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: May 13, 2002 02:53PM
Posted by: chris
"And besides, I didn't see Rubens complain."

Oh my god. Do you think he could have? Did'nt you see the tears in his eyes in the press conference, on the podium? Those werent tears of happiness let me tell you.

He's just signed a new contract...he needed to impress, and if he'd not slowed he'd have been sacked, I reckon, or at least a pay cut.

"If a driver can't accept that Micheal is the 1st driver, then why race with ferrari? Rubens has accepted it and this shows he is a professional driver"

Are you saying YOU wouldnt mind lifting off to allow MS to win? come on! Everyone would hate it, especially after his performance all weekend...its no reward.

"the day F1 died"

the day ferrari went one step too far in a sport they already dominate...theyve won the championship basically, are the best team, and have now fixed the race...pretty disastrous I'd say. Only Senna's death comes close in recent times for me.

Chris J
Date: May 13, 2002 03:25PM
Posted by: marcvb
I agree chris, but I still don't think that what Ferrari did killed F1.

>and have now fixed the race
Tell me in what way have Ferrari fixed the race for other teams other then themselves.
In no way. Ferrari can do what the hell they want as long as they don't fix the races for the other teams!
And it only happened in the last race!! Just one!! It's not like it's been going on for ages.

Anyway, we have different opinions so it's useless arguing over it.

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: May 14, 2002 03:54AM
Posted by: Gusto
to say it died is just a metaphor, what I was trying to put across is the apparent disregard for the fans by Ferrari management. Something like this does the sport no favours. It is not Micheals nor is it Rubens fault. I hope that the FIA will take away the four points and hand them to Rubens. Micheal would likely agree with this outcome, besides, didn't Micheal hand Rubens the trophy and put him in the winners position both on the podium and at the after race press conference. He knows just as we all do who really won that race. That's all, I've had my whinge, now I'll go and do a few laps and try and soak up the atmosphere ;-)

the artist formerly known as
Date: May 14, 2002 06:45AM
Rubens if he was with another team, he would stand a better chance of winning because at Ferrari he would never be allowed to finish ahead of Schumacher..... The best position Rubens can get in the drivers championship is 2nd place....... Other teams will let their 2nd driver win the races they deserve to win unlike Ferrari.....................

Date: May 14, 2002 09:03AM
But all this controversy brings the spot light on Formula One and its going to get a lot of coverage in the media....... In a way its good for Formula One in that it will make people watch Formula One but for the wrong reasons................

Re: the day F1 died: Rubens for Driver 1
Date: May 15, 2002 03:33AM
Posted by: al_pacman
nerver going to happen obviously but i'd support it

:B :))))))) :S :) ;) :-)
[www.livepencil.com]
Date: May 15, 2002 03:54AM
Posted by: cae9
Originally posted by qwerty :

"Oh my god. Do you think he could have? Did'nt you see the tears in his eyes in the press conference, on the podium? Those werent tears of happiness let me tell you."

do you know rubens personally? i mean did you have a private one to one talk with him? no you didnt!

The thing is, you think he was upset, fair enough he wouldnt have been happy with the desicion, but how can you sit there and say that you know he was upset, just becuase of tears, you dont know that they were tears of sadness do you? NO YOU DONT!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologise!
Date: May 15, 2002 06:14AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
It sure wasn't of happiness.
Date: May 15, 2002 07:45AM
Posted by: chris
LOL Cae9.

Did you watch the race?

He had to let MS through to win, if you did'nt see it. That's obviously a huge disappointment for him, he smashed MS all weekend only to lose it. Would you be crying tears of happiness?

"Oh I'm so glad I could give away my win to my godlike team mate"

Do you honestly think he would say this? Or think it?

Ok, I don't know RB personally, but unless your emotionally inept you can see he was upset...therefore tears of sadness, not joy. And before you even bother to say it, HE DID HAVE TEARS IN HIS EYES.

Given the context, I think its safe to say that the tears were of sadness.

Chris J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy