Best overtaking move ever....

Posted by jim 
Re: Best overtaking move ever....
Date: May 04, 2002 08:38AM
Posted by: chris
That's true to an extent, Alex, but contoversy and escaping punishment for it just makes the pitch seem unbalanced.

Chris J
Date: May 05, 2002 08:37AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"Coulthard"

when did DC delbratly drive people off of the road then?

"the sooner you'll come to appreciate what Schumacher has actually done to aid the sport."

yeah, and the trouble hes caused. What bout sepang 99? The Ferrari was illegal, and no matter what the FIA did F1 stood to loose out!!! If they DQ Ferrari there is no championshio show down. Well tought, the car was illegal and they still got allowed back in!! WTF!!!???

MS got all his points taken away after Jerez 97. SO F**K!!! What did that do? Cost him 2nd in the championship? Yippee, he didnt win so doesnt mean anything

So you are saying that cheating and breaking the rules is GOOD for the sport? It "aids" the sport? Ok then, it aided the sport in 94 when Benetton were DQ numerous times? It aided the sport when Tyrell cheated? Come on!!!!

If MS wasnt in F1 there would be less trouble and more RACING, which is what i, and most ppl want to see

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 05, 2002 09:52AM
Jerez 97- they took his points away, yes, but what option did they have?

Your complaining he isnt punished and when he is!! WTF?!

They had to do something to punish him, since it was the last gp of the year they could'nt ban him for 2 races, so that was all they could do. This is one of the few decisions against ms that I agree with, usuallty he does get away with far too much.

Secondly, if they HAD banned MS for the last race, there would be no title showdown, as you say. Without it the last race has no real meaning for the front runners...it makes f1 exciting, and pulls in huge viewing figures if it goes down to the wire.

Chris J
Date: May 06, 2002 02:03AM
Posted by: _Alex_
when did DC delbratly drive people off of the road then?

Argentina 1998 is almost a carbon copy of the many incidents for which you accuse Schumacher of "turning in deliberately" or "trying to take his opponent out". No matter what you say, you cannot prove that Coulthard didn't do that on purpose. Likewise, I cannot prove he did it on purpose. That's my opinion. It's the same principal with any Schumi incident.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 08, 2002 05:35AM
Yo Sup

DC was further ahead in Argentina 98, but you are right bout it, its almost exactly the same situation.

"They had to do something to punish him, since it was the last gp of the year they could'nt ban him for 2 races"

why not the start of next season? Taking away the points he earned didnt make a difference.

"Secondly, if they HAD banned MS for the last race, there would be no title showdown, as you say. Without it the last race has no real meaning for the front runners...it makes f1 exciting, "

right, so let me get this right? You would rather have a title show down than have a FAIR sport? I would rather see fairness then a title show down. If one man gets to the last race and is going for the title and did it unfairly then it takes some of the excitment away, knowing the FIA messed about, changing rules to get him there.

Im at school right now but i have 2 quotes from Mika Hakkinen at home that i want to post here. I cant get them exactly right but i'll post the just of them anyway

Macu, MS v Mika. MS was leading, Mika was 2nd. If Mika finished 2nd then he would win the title. Mika is closly following MS and MS makes a mistake and runs very wide on one corner. Mika goes for the gap, MS turns in, the two touch and Mika is out of the race. After the race the two spoke and MS said to Mika, "sorry, i didnt see you". Mika thinks "ok, its no proble, its a racing incident". less than a week later, Mika sees an interview with MS on Eurosport, and MS says this "I seen Mika in my mirrors, so i turned into him, knowing he would go for the gap"

Mika finishes off this interview by saying "I will never forget that"

So not only did MS delibratly turn into Mika but he lied to Mika to make him look like the good guy.

MS quote - "I always tell the truth. If you cant tell the truth then you should keep your mouth closed".

Maybe MS should have not said anything to Mika when he took him out eh? Or is it ok to lie when your defending yourself MS?

I have loads of quotes at home from the ITV-F1 mags, so, this time, like Alex, i have done the research.

now, comes SkAiFeY and Zaahir to come up with some mindless rubbish on why MS is god and we should kiss his shoes, whislt Alex will come up with some very good, valid , impressive and researched points on why MS is the best.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 08, 2002 08:45AM
Get off your high horse Ellis.

"why not the start of next season? Taking away the points he earned didnt make a difference."

Because why punish a driver for a mistake he made the season before??That's like saying to Ralf that you can't race at Australia 2003 because he caused an accident, taking out RB!

It does make a difference. Not in our memories of that incident maybe, but to future statistics 97 will go down as MS' worst season...as he scored zero points.

"You would rather have a title show down than have a FAIR sport? I would rather see fairness then a title show down. If one man gets to the last race and is going for the title and did it unfairly then it takes some of the excitment away"

It doesnt take any excitement away. Okay in the back of your head you might be thinking he shouldnt be there, but the fact is F1 going down to the wire is the most exciting, and the FIA punished MS the only way they could...its unfair to carry mistakes over to the next year in my opinion.

Well Ellis, this year will be your perfect year, cos gues what? THERE WON'T BE A TITLE SHOWDOWN. MS will win early and you can rejoice in the fact that he deserves it and he will be the only one in the championship contention for the final race. I bet you'll enjoy it.

Chris J
Date: May 09, 2002 08:32AM
Yo Sup

No, i wont enjoy this year, but i want it to be a FAIR sport, which, as shown by Sepang, it isnt going to be. Ok, sepang was NOT MS fault, it was the FIAs. So far, Williams, JPM and even MS have said its a bad decision.

Its NOT MS fault that the FIA are constantly up his ass, it just makes the sport unbearably boring and annoying for people who want to see something fair!! If i wanted to see unfair judgements then i watch a celtic/rangers football match, cos everyone knows the officials favour Celtic/rangers over any other team. This is whats happening in F1, although its NOT the fault of Ferrari and MS.It makes the sport so crap when stupid decisions are made like Sepang. We seen a huge accident in Melbourne and nothing was done cos it wasnt blamed on either driver. Then a small touch, which unluckly took of MS front wing, and suddenly JPM is thrown into the pit for it? Come on!! Make the sport fair.

so what if the title doesnt go down to the wire! I enjoyed the 95 season, and that was finished a few races early with MS winning by a country mile. I still enjoyed that season now. And notice it was a FAIR season between all the teams, even tho Elf made a mess in Brazil and used illegal fule in Benetton and Willaims cars. We had Hill accidently taking out MS twice and them touching in Belgium.

My point is, whats the point in having a sport where one team/driver is favoured over the others? Doesnt that take away the point in having the other teams there? Why dont we just let Ferrari run round on there own?

"like saying to Ralf that you can't race at Australia 2003 because he caused an accident"

no, thats not. IF the FIA thought it was Ralfs fault they could ban him from starting in Sepang. Because Jerez was the final race they couldnt ban him for the next race THIS season, they could do it for the NEXT season. simple enough?

"97 will go down as MS' worst season...as he scored zero points."

well most of stats i have seen actaully have MS put in like this

(Micheal Schumacher - 79 points)

e is shown in brackets, in 2nd place (without the number beside him tho) with the pointsa totall (70 something?) besdie him, and even tho he has had them taken away, his total points in his career was uneffected. If you finish 2nd in the championship, it means nothing to MS, so having points taken away wouldnt have made any difference what-so-ever!

now for some of the research, which will even impress Alex :) . all of these came from F1-ITV mags from the 2001 season

David Coulthard - "I think that first of all my goals is not to be regarded as a Schumacher."

This is someone writing into the mag after a recent topic on MS

"How dare Bishop [the author of the mag] suggest that those of us who do not see schuey as some sort of deity are not "true enthusiasts"? Apparently those who don't want to kiss Micheals boots are also "dullards, philistines and benighted".
What a narrow-minded man Bishop is and how incomprehensibly awful a world populated by people like him, who could only ever support one player and one player only, would be."

hmmmm...i seem to agree. Theres a few people on this forum (you know who you are) which seem to think that MS is god, well got news for you, he isnt, and even MS himself has said "Im only human". So please stop licking his ass? Those TWO people know how im meaning.

Mika Hakkinen - "Micheal takes the rules and bends them to an unacceptale level. I take the view that thats cheating. And if you cheat, you should be penalised"

MS himself - "I nearly crashed into senna today [belgium 92]. He pulled in front of me and i had to take to the grass to avoid him. I was not impressed."

So MS moans bout Senna, whislt he uses those exact tactics at the start of alot of GPs. Hypocryt?

"Schuey's reaction to that move pulled by JPM "Fisichlla, Button, Wurz and Trulli are all great drivers, but one overtaking move does not make you world champion" [Woah! Steady, mika! Looks like JPM's rattled you a bit!]"If you look at the lap times, you'll see that Ralf was 0.9s faster than Montoyas fastest time, so i think the real winner should have been my brother"[Yep, its really got to him, so he adopts the old family fave: sticking up for little bro. Easy]"

Well i ahve to admit that nothing usuall seems to get to MS. He doesnt normally seem effected by other drivers moves and other peoples words about him. But it seems to have gotten to him here.

Remember when i said Massa was better or equal to MS? And you asked for proof? Well here it is

"When Felipe tested a Sauber C20 at Mugello for the first time recently, he consistanly lapped quiicker than both Micheal Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello in the Ferraris. Thats enough to make anyone sit up and take notice. Massa did 101 laps of Mugello - whcih has several high-g corners - without noticeable physical strain. A few neck pains on the first day quickly disappeared. the team say he got to grips with the car very quickly and his feedback was excellent."

Well usually when a driver goes faster in a slower car it usually shows hes better. this is what the MS fans have constantly used agasint us non-ms fans. Massa went faster than MS, at the first time he had been at the track (and Mugello isnt exactly an easy track, even MS admits its a hard track) in a slower car.

Date: May 09, 2002 08:57AM
I also want a fair sport, and I have not said otherwise.

"My point is, whats the point in having a sport where one team/driver is favoured over the others? Doesnt that take away the point in having the other teams there? Why dont we just let Ferrari run round on there own?"

I agree entirely. I've said it before and I'll say it again; the racing must come first. F1 is dull at the moment, with ferrari favoured by the stewards, they know they can get away with more. Your Mika Hakkinen quote about bending the rules is a great find.

I think the reason they CAN get away with more is because F1 is mainly british. BAR,Jordan,McLaren,Jaguar,Williams are all british. The head of the fia is british.
Ferrari is one of the minority of teams based abroad. This means in order to not seem that the odds are stacked against them the fia must be lenient, or at least more so than with other teams.

"97 will go down as MS' worst season...as he scored zero points." My point was that OFFICIALLY he has zero points, whatever f1 yearbooks or whatever say.

"no, thats not. IF the FIA thought it was Ralfs fault they could ban him from starting in Sepang. Because Jerez was the final race they couldnt ban him for the next race THIS season, they could do it for the NEXT season. simple enough?"

The fia made a mistake. Its been proved that Ralf could never have made the corner...by the engine tone its clear. They can't ban MS in the next season because each season ios supposed to be a brand new start, its not supposed to be connected to the previous season, so I can't see another option.

"Then a small touch, which unluckly took of MS front wing, and suddenly JPM is thrown into the pit for it? Come on!! Make the sport fair."
This example shows the fia's bias. To me it was clear that JPM held a constant line and MS tried to, but veered into the williams...I just hope the need to compensate by the fia isnt the reason jpm was punished.

I want a title showdown, but I ALSO want a fair season...maybe we can't have both! ;)

Chris J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy