Kimis accident

Posted by Ellis 
Kimis accident
Date: April 05, 2002 11:37AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

IN Brazil it looked as though Kimi spun and then the gravel ripped the suspension to bits. But after watching a recording of the digital version, the on board view with kimi should the rear suspension broke turning into the corner and then bouncing accorss the gravel just made it worse.

Not kimis fault as we all seemed to think on first viewing.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Kimis accident
Date: April 05, 2002 01:39PM
Posted by: Vader
I never thought that it was Kimi's fault since our german commentators pointed out very soon that the suspension broke [/i]before he lost vhe car. They immediately showed the replay and all was clear.
Onthe other hand this incident showa how unsecure gravel pits actually are compared to tarmac run-off areas. The gravel was just like a giant whiplash and almost tore the car to pieces.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 06, 2002 04:08AM
Yo Sup

This gravel was banked, and thats the reason for the car being ripped apart

Vader, Allen and Brundle just put it down to driving error, and not until i seen the digital video did i think otherwise cos it did look like that.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 06, 2002 08:51AM
Vader, Allen and Brundle just put it down to driving error

My lawyers adviced me to make this statement:

- I distinctively said in my post above I didn't put it down to driving error.
- I have never met neither Allen nor Brundle personal.
- I did never make a comment on TV, be it digital or normal, british or whatever.
- I must severely protest against being mentioned with Allen and Brundle in one sentence without making clear that we have no legal agreement whatsoever.
- In case you mean another Vader who uttered the afroementioned commentary together with Allen and Brundle, I will consider legal steps against this imposter.

If you want to hear Vader's opinion, don't fall for cheap ITV-Vader Imposters. Only here at [www.grandprix.com] you'll get your daily dose of Vader.

the GP3 community: Hey, Vader, listen to this. I got a good one for you
Vader: Fire away then
the GP3 community: (insane chuckling) DO YOU KNOW WHAT ITV MEANS? (more chuckling)
Vader: (looks up to the sky, eyes showing the white, sighing): Pray tell me
the GP3 community: ImiTating Vader!! HAHAHAHA
Vader:(talking to his guinea pig) They are so funny when they do this.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 07, 2002 03:22AM
Posted by: _Alex_
gravel only works if it's bankes

Gravel banking is in fact dangerous because it increases the chances of a car rolling if it hits the gravel hard. The high-friction asphault is much more effective.

I think Brundle did point out the Raikkonen had a suspension failure btw. I remember him saying as he spun - look his right rear suspension is broken, I suspect that's what caused his spin - or something along those lines.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 07, 2002 03:33AM
Posted by: chris
It would'nt suprise me, Brundle has a very sharp eye when spotting things like that.

Chris J
Date: April 07, 2002 06:26AM
It would'nt suprise me, Brundle has a very sharp eye when spotting things like that.

Because Brundle has been cruising around in F1 a bit in his own time, too. It is the same as here in Germany. We have a twat called Heiko Wa

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 07, 2002 07:41AM
Yo Sup

Christian Danner, didnt he start a few DTM races for Mercedes last year? I heard he got sacked cos he was in the shadow of Bernd Schneider all the time. Well who isnt?

Date: April 07, 2002 08:14AM
No, that was not Christian Danner. Are you talking about Christian Abt, who owns and races for Abt Audi racing?

CHRISTAIN DANNER'S CAREER

1977: - Competed in German and European Renault R5 championship, second overall in German championship.

1980 - Competed in BMW M1 Procar series.

1981 - Drove for March factory team in Formula Two. Drove as BMW factory driver in German Touring Car Championship.

1982 - Returned to March in F2 and BMW factory entry in sedan series.

1983 - Drove for March-Onyx team in F2 and BMW.

1984 - Moved to Bob Sparshott team in F2 finishing fourth in European championship.

1985 - With Bob Sparshott team advanced to Formula 3000 competition capturing European championship setting a points record that still stands today. Raced a Volvo in European Touring Car Championship. Started two F1 events for Zakspeed turbo team.

1986 - Entered F1 ranks full time, driving for Osella-Alfa and Arrows BMW scoring first F1 point with a sixth place finish at Austria (Arrows). Competed in 24 hours of LeMans driving for Sauber-Mercedes team. BMW factory sedan driver.

1987 - Drove for Zakspeed F1 team, failed to score championship points.

1988 - Scored two wins in German Touring Car Championships driving for Alpina team. Became factory test driver for Zakspeed F1 program.

1989 - Moved to Rial-Ford F1 team, scoring three points with a fourth at US Grand Prix in Phoenix.

1990 - Moved to Japanese Formula 3000 championship with Leyton House team, finishing third at Fuji. Drove a BMW in the German Touring Car Championship, finishing second in the 24 hour race at Spa. Test driver for Reynard-Mugen F1 team.

1991 - BMW factory driver, won German Touring Car championship.

1992 - Competed in Touring Cars with BMW M3 won 24 races at Spa, Belgium and Nurburgring, Germany. Made first IndyCar start at Detroit with Antonio Ferrari and Euromotorsport Racing. In seven 1992 starts best finish was thirteenth at Nazareth oval.

1993 - Made three starts with Euromotorsport scoring first points with an eleventh place at Elkhart Lake. Scored a win finished fifth overall driving Alfa Romeo in German Touring Car championship.

1994 - Started two races for Project Indy and finished twelfth in both - Detroit and Road America.

No mention of DTM 2001 there.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 07, 2002 08:22AM
Or do you mean young dutch driver CHRISTIJAN ALBERS?
However, this guy is still in the DTM 2002 lineup. He will start for Team Rosberg Mercedes together with STEFAN M

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 07, 2002 08:32AM
Yo Sup

"CHRISTIJAN ALBERS"

most likely him

It wasnt Abt, i know he runs the Audi TTs

I heard some driver was sacked cos he could cos he couldnt keep up with scheider. I dont blame him for not keeping up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy