Watch it Nick!

Posted by _Alex_ 
Watch it Nick!
Date: March 31, 2002 08:21AM
Posted by: _Alex_
From morning warm-up...

That could have been a lot worse. It wasn't entirely his fault. It was a very dangerous and tricky situation, but he obviously overcooked it at the wrong time and in the wrong place. Just goes to show that F1 will always be dangerous no matter what safety measures are enforced :(

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Re: Watch it Nick!
Date: March 31, 2002 08:30AM
Posted by: chris
True.
The safety car is parked RIGHT on the racing line! And there were no yellow flags either!
Chris J
Date: March 31, 2002 08:30AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I cant see any yellow flag,s only a red an Nick says there was none at that the ferraro got in his way.

Also i think was coming down the hill to fast and then got oversteer at the bottom of the hill, over corrected and then had to try and get through that way.

At least thats what i think from looking at the video. There wasa guy getting out the other side of the car, if he had been getting out the other side he might be dead!!

Nick was lucky not too take his head off there too!!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 31, 2002 08:33AM
Yo Sup

What are they gona do bout the SC then? Do they have spares? I dont think they are prepared for this!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 31, 2002 08:38AM
Apparently their using the spare sc, a mercedes estate, still damn quick, butnot as flashy.

Chris J
Date: March 31, 2002 08:42AM
Yo Sup

There is NO yellows out

See those red dots at the top? well if there was yellow flags then there would also be yellow dots

Date: March 31, 2002 08:43AM
That's what alphaf1 tells us.
Chris J
Date: March 31, 2002 08:58AM
Heidfeld said he was unsighted behind the Ferrari, and by the time he saw the red flag (waving in the background), it was too late and he headed for the gap but the car door was opened! You can't surely put the blame on him entirely though. If you analyse the situation, he probably did the most intelligent thing at the end of the day...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 31, 2002 09:02AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
"Apparently their using the spare sc, a mercedes estate, still damn quick, butnot as flashy"

i think it was a medical car that nh crashed into.

cheers

jordangp2001

Date: March 31, 2002 09:04AM
Yes you're right... ouch, irony really can hurt sometimes!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 31, 2002 09:18AM
Posted by: LS.
i expect bernoldi will now get put back 10 places on the grid for causing heidfeld to hit the medical under these ridiculous new stewards decisions .

it could happen :-(

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 31, 2002 09:39AM
Posted by: Vader
It wa sthe Medical Car and not the Safety Car. The stewards just decided that it was NOT Nick's fault. He did not oversee any yellow flags, since they soimply forgot to wave them. So it was the fault of the stewards. I propose a penalty for the stewards: lets say - we ban these buggers for the rest of the season ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy