Nasdrovje F1

Posted by Vader 
Nasdrovje F1
Date: March 21, 2002 09:08AM
Posted by: Vader
[www.itv-f1.com]

The Russian Grand Prix looks set to be added to the 2003 F1 calendar.

Bernie Ecclestone is due to arrive in Moscow today (Thursday) and is expected to sign a deal with the city

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: Nasdrovje F1
Date: March 21, 2002 10:09AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Excellent. For some reason I've been really excited at the prospect of a Russian GP in Moscow. I don't know why but it just seems really cool. I can't wait.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 21, 2002 10:36AM
Ok, put the vodka on ice, Moscow here we come. But you didn't answer to my question. For which track will it be "Dosvedanja" in 2003?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 22, 2002 06:04AM
The Russian Grand Prix looks set to be delayed until the 2004 season.

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone is in Moscow and had looked set to sign a deal with the city

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 22, 2002 07:43AM
Posted by: Travis_Daye
Methinks the Hungarian GP is set to disappear from the calendar.
It's not legendary or whatever, and one of the very few advantages (tobacco advertising allowed) is about to be eliminated as well.

Bruno Gourdo Don Matrelli Travis Daye Cal Tyrone Peter Kurtz Vito Giuffre Toni Borlini Tse Sakamoto Nigel Levins
Date: March 29, 2002 04:43PM
Posted by: LS.
or catalunya, get rid of that one, its a boring circuit

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 30, 2002 03:58AM
Posted by: _Alex_
or catalunya, get rid of that one, its a boring circuit

I agree (!!! :) , but then again it has some exciting very fast flowing corners. But generally, it's a bit of a boring circuit.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 30, 2002 04:38AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Dump wither Hungary (cos good races are few and far between there), Spain (for reasosn you have already said) or Monaco, for the same reason as Hugary. Monacos only still here cos its tradition.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 30, 2002 12:10PM
[/i]1) race f1 cars in the indy500[/i]

Would be a nice idea, but I don't think they'll do it. The teams would have to develop, test and build completely new cars especially for this race. Think of the costs!
On the other hand it could be quite funny to see how F1 cars behave in an oval compared to IRL or CART cars. I remember Michael ANdretti once said he believes that the F1 car would still be faster even if CART has ususally more bhp, since the F1 is much lighter (more than 100 kg). Imagine what would happen if a F1 car spins in an oval, sliding across the track rear first at 230 mph? The car's wings are like those of plane just the other way round. If the car goes rear first at this speed it'll get airborne like a F16.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 30, 2002 12:10PM
Yo Sup

No, the french have spent too much money on mangy cours to take the GP over to Le mans, a tempoary circuit which would have to be redone to mee F1 standrads.

I'd like Aregntina back over Hugary. Brands Hatch? Donnington? Road America? Laguna Seca? Mexico City? Jerez? Bathurst (ok i know that will never happen but might as well stick it in here).

I prefer Imola over Monza, more fun than stright, then chicane, stright, then chicane, stright.....................

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 30, 2002 12:15PM
I heard that Bernie Eccelstone owns Paul Ricard, so this could be an option, regardless of how many money they spend on Magney Cours.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 30, 2002 12:21PM
If they'd go racing on Paul Ricard (probably the short version), chances are lap times go below the minute...

Bruno Gourdo Don Matrelli Travis Daye Cal Tyrone Peter Kurtz Vito Giuffre Toni Borlini Tse Sakamoto Nigel Levins
Date: March 30, 2002 12:52PM
Not if they add a dozen of completely unnecessary chicanes and introduce diesel engines to F1. If Mosley had his way, an F1 car would be close to the two hour limit just to roll out the garage onto the pitlane

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 30, 2002 01:51PM
lol but true vader

Date: March 30, 2002 01:56PM
Yo Sup

You know, Indy Car is looking better by the day.

Date: March 31, 2002 01:46AM
Posted by: Rupert
What about the Nurburgring??? Why is there a bloody Euro GP? Germany doesnt need 2 GPs. Spain wont go because it is a modern, professional circuit with good facilities. Monaco won't go, because it is, well, Monaco. They can't just dump Magny-Cours, as Ellis said a lot of money was spent on it. Hungary, well it is an awful track, and not many people really like it.

They cant go back to Argentina because of the corrupt state of the country. Portugal is still a bit off limits in terms of F1. I don't know why they want a race at Russia, it is still 3rd world.

Ozzy
Date: March 31, 2002 04:33AM
Posted by: LS.
9) Donnington - Britian

sorry but i drove that circuit for my birthday treat of a single seater experience, and its not really got what it takes to ba grand prix circuit,

people tend to look at this track through rose tinted spectacles because of that brilliant drive of senna's

sorry mate to disagree

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 31, 2002 04:46AM
Why does Germany need two GPs?
Because Nürburgring was once called GP of Luxembourg, just as Imola is the GP of San Marino, but held in Italy. So you could ask as well: Why does Italy needs to have two Grand Prix - Imola and Monza?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 31, 2002 04:56AM
Yo Sup

I dont like Monza, its just-----

stright-chicane-stright-chicane-stright............its boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling one GP Luxemburg is just a bad exuse to get another GP into Germany. And calling one San Marino is just an exuse to get another into Italy!!!

Drop monza and call Imola Italy. They wont drop hockenhiem cos they just revampped it, so drop nurburgring

Date: March 31, 2002 05:31AM
The last word will be spoken by those who have the money: sponsors, lobbyists, interest groups, etc. If there is a way to make money with it, FIA would even have a GP in Afghanistan or Antartica.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy